A suggestion for Grand Arena

Corrog
308 posts Member
I see a lot of complaints about the matching for Grand Arena. A LOT. Most of it seems to stem from the fact that matching primarily considers your GP. Given the imperfect nature of this system, it's a valid complaint.

So, I had an idea. Let players assign characters and ships to a grand arena box. Matching then is based on that box. Several factors could be considered, including number of characters added, average gear level, and average GP per character. At that point, you are matched, and you may only use characters and ships from your box in that match.

This would allow players to continue to upgrade their rosters for other events and activities, while not negatively impacting their Grand Arena matching.

Replies

• RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Or just reintroduce requirements for mod challenges.
    I have no problem with the matchmaking system, I just want to see people bashing others with "why did you pour resorces into useless characters?" or "why do you have half-geared toons, it's your fault" ask the same questions when they need 5 jawas to keep farming crit damage mods.
  • Its been said already but other games use a match up based on the top say 50% of your most powerful units - Modern War being one example, why don't they do this then your dross isn't included?