How come you have so much high speeed gold mods?

Rake6
442 posts Member
I have a few good mods and I got like 15 of them only gold. Where do you get those god tier mods and how you have like 50 gold and I have 15? I play like one year.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    slicing?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I'd suggest making use of some of your crystal income on the stage 9 mod battles to get slicing materials that you can use to upgrade ("slice") any 5 dot mod up to gold. Choosing what to slice and how much slicing to do comes down to your priorities and what you need most. As you run out of things mods that make sense to slice you can go back to farming mods from challenges but you'll mostly get Grey and green mods from there. You wont get many gold mods from farming on the challenges unfortunately. But also, at 1 year in you should be close to being done leveling most of the characters you need to level and can maintain a balance of about 5 million credits for use in the mod store when you see gold mods with good secondary stats.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Wow. So you are telling me the whole time there were farmable MK 2 pulse modulators?

Bro please delete your replay.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Ok I got 25 not 15 lol. Just figured guys with lots of gold mods must be buying those MK pulse modulators from store when there is an offer. No other way.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    If you mean mk6-E mods, those are actually grey, lol.
  • If you’re talking about MK6-E, are you winning in galactic arena? Because each round you win you get a significant amount of slicing materials. Over a few months it really adds up.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    If you’re talking about MK6-E, are you winning in galactic arena? Because each round you win you get a significant amount of slicing materials. Over a few months it really adds up.

Facts. I don't farm the 6e mats at all. I just use what I get from Grand Arena. I've only ever lost two rounds, so most events I get enough for two new shiny gold mods.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• You can get them with guild and shard currency, let alone ga wins too.

Should be able to 6e lots of mods if you prioritise them.
  • Rake6 wrote: »
    Wow. So you are telling me the whole time there were farmable MK 2 pulse modulators?

Bro please delete your replay.

lol a little bit over the top don't you think?

Your post made it honestly sound like you had no clue about mods what so ever so I was trying to give you some basic advice. It sounds like you know what you need to slice your mods to 6-E (Grey as someone else pointed out). You are just choosing not to buy Mk 2 Pulse modulators from the guild store or the shard shop where they are in permanent rotation. So the answer to your original question is - you chose not to slice mods to 6-E.

I also see you've added "high speeed" to the title of your post, and for the answer to that reread the post you told me to delete. You get them from farming lots and lots of grey and green mods and farming lots and lots of slicing materials and occasionally buying a gold with speed secondary from the mod from the mod store. The reason others have more mods with higher speed than you is because they've done more of that than you have and/or got very lucky with rolls.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    I don't believe people are giving their rare guild currency for what 2 or 3 for 450 or something? In shard shop you get just one on refresh and its like 200. You don't get more than 400 at max a day. So ya'll telling me you sacrifice all guild money dor 2 3 of these instead for shards and gear? And get 2 of them in the shard store? And people are having like hundreds of golden mods. You buy that ****. You don't do it like you said.
  • Absolutely buy those Mk2 Pulse Modulators in both guild store and shard shop. But be careful which mods you slice to 6E, you may want to swap fast mods to other characters to finish legendary or journey events.
    Make sure to shop the mod store and buy anything with 5 speed secondary. Don't waste slices on low speed mods or mods with defense, unless you WANT defense, as that seems to be the stat that upgrades the most.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Rake6 wrote: »
    I don't believe people are giving their rare guild currency for what 2 or 3 for 450 or something? In shard shop you get just one on refresh and its like 200. You don't get more than 400 at max a day. So ya'll telling me you sacrifice all guild money dor 2 3 of these instead for shards and gear? And get 2 of them in the shard store? And people are having like hundreds of golden mods. You buy that ****. You don't do it like you said.

Neither guild currency nor shard shop currency are rare. I buy plenty from the shard shop and a few from the guild store.
  • Rake6 wrote: »
    I get all the slicing materials to make 6* mods from grand arena. The better you do in grand arena, the more 6* mods you can make. I don’t farm the mk 2 pulse modulators at all because I get plenty from winning grand arena matches.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Slicing a mod from 5A to 6E only adds one speed to the secondary speed, and two to primary speed. This level of slicing does NOT contribute much to the "high speed" mods.

You need to farm lots mods with speed secondary and slice until you get a bunch that get speed up to lvl 4 or 5. That's how you get many "high-speed" mods.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    I get all the slicing materials to make 6* mods from grand arena. The better you do in grand arena, the more 6* mods you can make. I don’t farm the mk 2 pulse modulators at all because I get plenty from winning grand arena matches.

Same here. GA is where I get all mine and I don't have the problem OP is complaining about.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

having hundreds of mk6-E mods is pretty rare, that's kraken teritory. So maybe you're confusing golden mods (mk5-A) with grey maxed mods (mk6-E), because encountering a player with over 200 mk6 mods is really, really rare.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member

I'm undefeated in arena you noob, those are not enough for much gold mods. GA is rare.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

I'm undefeated in arena you noob, those are not enough for much gold mods. GA is rare.

How on earth are you undefeated, but complaining about others having alot of golden mods? Something doesn't add up...
  • miketo
    139 posts Member

Sim GW, you get 1200 galactic war currency. Buy 12 ship shards, cash in shard shop, buy slicing material. Repeat daily. That and GA rewards with spending 150 purple crystals for slicing material farming you can get a solid 5 or 6, 6 dot mods per month. Grind them out, just like everything else in this game.
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member

Stop causing issues with these people attempting to help you. You are the noob if you win all your GA matches AND still cant slice it. If you are sooo good, then you should be in a good enough guild to be able to consistently have guild currency available. if you want 6* mods, win in GA, farm the slicing pieces, and buy the **** pieces. But as others have said, the 5* to 6* barely increases the speed, its way more helpful
  • no
  • "Someone has more of me than something in this game, they must have bought it!!!"

Rubbish. GA, Guild Store, Shard Store, Smugglers Event all provide for ways to get the pulse modulators required for the 6e slice and there are more locations for the capacitor pieces (TW, HSTR rewards).

I'm not quite sure what the point of this post is other than to complain about another player possibly being more focused in a single aspect of the game than OP.

• Just checked - a measley 39 6 dot mods and have never purchased one outright or used guild currency to purchase the salvage. Have used some shard shop currency but stopped once they became a staple of GA rewards.

Also, I need more good speed secondaries before upgrading the whole lot - want to make sure to leave enough high speed five dots around for any Chewy like events that might pop up.

Finally, not all mods should get the upgrade - it's a +2 speed upgrade on a speed primary and +1 on a secondary. This can certainly make a difference on a single toon in top tier arena (defining who goes first), but upgrading protection primaries seems like a big waste of resources considering the bumps you get from most of the other primaries (health, defense, crit chance / damage, offense)
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    GA bracket win gets you 36 6e slicing mats. And around 50x2 other slicing mats.

Also the smuggler event seems to award the best base mods on average (I got 2 speed arrows and 5 speed secondaries last time). Many of the other events award double gold mods per tier.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    When you call all the regular forum goers noobs, lol. Some people just complain to complain.