Event idea

Aydnie
432 posts Member
How about a very hard event where you can only use the given characters ? Like, this would more need strategy and rng than farming, thid event wouldnt need any requirement but would be hard as hell, farming or paying wouldnt make it easier in any way

Replies

• This doesn't sound much different than a journey event...
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    So basically the training events.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    A version of the training events, but hard as hell like the c3po or chewbacca, maybe even harder
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    And with a 3 month rotation that the training events doesnt have, with a 5 star iconic character as a reward ; tier 7 would be extremely hard
  • But then CG doesn’t make any money. All that this would do is frustrate players to the point that they quit.
  • Depends on how CG decides to make it hard. I liked the training events because it wasn't just preloaded TM and insane speed. Strategy had a much larger role to play than RNG.
    But then CG doesn’t make any money. All that this would do is frustrate players to the point that they quit.

Not every event in the game needs to be whale food. We enjoy playing the game too, keeping us interested will keep us spending for longer.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    So like...an assault battle? Or a Journey event? Or a legendary event?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• crzydroid
    7255 posts Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Like flash events?
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    tl;dr: There's a lot of events like this
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If they are not your toons,because I think you are saying they are pre assigned, pre built characters:

how do you do better?

How do you tailor your strategy?

How do you make any changes we can currently do to tweak things to the way we like or in favor of our personal strategy?
  • and strategy is controversial. Theoretically even if played perfectly RNG could kill you. No fun in RNG with no control (atleast Chewie RNG gives you options to upgrade chars or get new chars for next event)
  • Affy
    63 posts Member
    Wasn't this was kind of mooted for TB end of last year - Where specific characters would be excluded based on community votes - It got shot down in flames for three reasons that I recall:

1. People who didn't have the META instantly voted to exclude them, thus penalising those who had paywalled/hard farmed to get those characters

2. Some of the options were just fringe characters who have been FTP in the game and easily accessible but not necessarily farmed as they don't hold much use anywhere in the game (CUP/Lobot for example)

3. It closes the door for some players who don't have the selected toons

I have a reasonably broad rosta, but not a particularly strong one. My "main" characters are well geared but outside my top 25 toons, I don't have much that would be useful.

If you're proposing a "fun" event whereby five toons are playable at G12.5 with full Zetas that everyone could participate in regardless of whether they even have those toons unlocked, then I can see the benefit for players wanting to see if it's worth levelling them up or not.
  • A couple of the Marquee events had a bonus tier where you got a premade team of to play around with that was pretty fun.

There was also the training battles for the core factions that came up while leveling and where fun and most of them were challenging.

I think adding one of those fights to each Omega event and offering an extra Omega for completing it would be a good idea.
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    But then CG doesn’t make any money. All that this would do is frustrate players to the point that they quit.

So your saying, status quo? :)
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    CG could still make money out of it. "every attempt cost you x crystals"

you would have access to different characters, but all given. you would have to choose 5 to go with you, but you choose which ones
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Aydnie wrote: »
    CG could still make money out of it. "every attempt cost you x crystals"

you would have access to different characters, but all given. you would have to choose 5 to go with you, but you choose which ones

So a draft battle? That could be interesting. Depends on what it rewards though.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    As I said, a character that unlocks at 5 stars or 7

Or... maybe 6, since no character has 6 unlock yet
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Aydnie wrote: »
    As I said, a character that unlocks at 5 stars or 7

Or... maybe 6, since no character has 6 unlock yet

6* unlock sounds fantastic. Could reward 10-15 shards for every win. How about jabba? He throws together teams all the time
  • A couple of the Marquee events had a bonus tier where you got a premade team of to play around with that was pretty fun.

There was also the training battles for the core factions that came up while leveling and where fun and most of them were challenging.

I think adding one of those fights to each Omega event and offering an extra Omega for completing it would be a good idea.

I think he is referring to those Bonus tiers in the Marquees, except making them actually difficult, so that one could repeatedly try and beat them and rather than base things heavily on RNG, it would be set up so that the characters involved are moreso about finding the strategy and changing order and targeting and all.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    It wouldnt be a bonus but the whole event
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    An extremely difficult event, that you can only use characters predefined locked in stats. Even if you can choose your team, sounds like an RNG fest.

How do you customize your strategy?

How do they avoid it seeming like a crystal sink if it cost crystals per run but no player adaptations? (Mods and gear to make changes to strategy)

How does this reward players with a well developed roster?

If it's to unlock a toon, it's just another event that ends, no one is going to pay crystals for shard shop currency.