How do you ask what you want to know about a new guild?

Hi, all -

I was in my first guild for 3 years. It was mostly successful: I liked the people and we got stuff done. Ultimately, it dissolved because we weren't Heroic Sith ready and too many people jumped overboard to get Traya.

I was in my second guild for two months. It was not great. I got pretty good rewards from HSith. But I did not enjoy the people and the officers took the game WAY TOO SERIOUSLY for my liking. One time, during a weekday TW, I got three messages from officers asking "where I was" an hour into the phase. I had to respond, "I literally have 22 hours left. Gimme a sec, I'm working." It's a game, people. SWGOH isn't e-sports ready yet. There's no millions in winning.

So now I'm looking again for a new guild, and I realize I have no rubric for figuring out if I want to join. Stuff like Guild GP doesn't really give me more than a summary of the guild's overall strength. "We're a relaxed guild" is literally what the second guild told me before micromanaging me to death.

What questions do you ask and what research do you do when looking at a bunch of potential new guilds? How do differentiate the 'good-seeming' from the 'meh-seeming?' Do you do a 'trial period' of some sort and then skip to another? Finding a new guild seems like so much trouble. I'm curious as to how you guys deal with this!

Sam UX

Replies

• Are u canadian?
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Find out what a guild's ticket requirements are. Most "serious" guilds require 600 tix per day. Find out what their expectations are for players who miss.

What time is the guild reset (i.e. what time are tix due), and what time do they raid?

Find out what they expect in terms of TW/TB participation. How many stars do they get in TB, and what sort of direction do they give in TW? Do they expect full raid participation or are they okay with players sometimes (or always) posting 0?

Do they have specific roster requirements? Will they force you to zeta or gear specific toons for the guild, or will they let you develop whatever you want.

These are the sorts of questions I think are most relevant to players. If a guild won't be up-front with you on all these answers, don't join. If they say one thing, but start treating you differently than advertised, then I'd raise the concern to an officer or the guild leader. If they still aren't fixed, then let them know you're leaving because you feel they deceived you on their expectations, recommend that they be more honest with future recruits, and then leave.
  • Jkray thats an excellent post.
  • Are u canadian?

No? Although sometimes I wish I were.
  • well considering you know what to ask now I'll recruit u since it sounds like u would mesh well with our guild...

Hello,

We are an active guild 102mil GP. Heroic Rancor and HAAT. tier 6 sith, but will probably attempt Heroic after the JTR event at the end of the month. GP requirement is 1.5k plus. We don't mandate daily ticket generation but most get 400 to 600 per day. Our main focus is to have active participation in guild events so we can grow for HSTR. This includes TB, TW, and Raids, but we understand life happens and you miss these occasionally. Also if you are gone on vacation just let us know so you don't get booted. We boot after 7 days no activity. We get about 31 stars in TB, and have been winning the majority of our TW. we also use discord and overall help eachother with strategies and teams to build but let u do what u want with your roster.

message me if interested

ally code 823-499-639
  • I recruit players for my guild. Besides what Jkray mentioned, I love it when players ask questions. Understanding what would happen if you got sick and missed a day because you just couldn’t open your eyes, what happens if you don’t attack in the first hour of TB/TW, why folks leave their guild, and what’s the biggest challenge of their guild are huge.

Also good to know is whether they consider themselves a TW or TB guild. Just asking the question can elicit a response that clues you to how they work with each other and their guild.

Just remember you hold the power as all guilds want engaged and active players. Ask them tough questions to show their hands and leave for a new one if it doesn’t feel right. There are no kids involved.

Good luck.
  • fader
    83 posts Member
    Oakwood wrote: »
    well considering you know what to ask now I'll recruit u since it sounds like u would mesh well with our guild...

Hello,

We are an active guild 102mil GP. Heroic Rancor and HAAT. tier 6 sith, but will probably attempt Heroic after the JTR event at the end of the month. GP requirement is 1.5k plus. We don't mandate daily ticket generation but most get 400 to 600 per day. Our main focus is to have active participation in guild events so we can grow for HSTR. This includes TB, TW, and Raids, but we understand life happens and you miss these occasionally. Also if you are gone on vacation just let us know so you don't get booted. We boot after 7 days no activity. We get about 31 stars in TB, and have been winning the majority of our TW. we also use discord and overall help eachother with strategies and teams to build but let u do what u want with your roster.

message me if interested

ally code 823-499-639
    are you still looking to mesh Guilds