I can’t find specific guild.

Laz
190 posts Member
Is there a trick to the search to find a specific guild using the exact name? I can’t seem to get the guild to come up?

Replies

• Laz wrote: »
    Is there a trick to the search to find a specific guild using the exact name? I can’t seem to get the guild to come up?

The in game search is pretty bad. If there is any special character's, apostrophe or different alphabet it's almost impossible. If you know anyone in the guild, get them to send you a guild invite instead.
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    We've had this happen I don't know how many times. No special characters in our guild name, but interested folks pretty much need to be hooked up with Ally-code invites by officers.
  • DocDoom wrote: »
    We've had this happen I don't know how many times. No special characters in our guild name, but interested folks pretty much need to be hooked up with Ally-code invites by officers.

It's a shame that swgoh.gg does such a better job at finding guilds over the in game search...
  • If you keep refreshing the search results eventually you'll find the guild you're looking for. The results are seemingly random with each search/refresh.
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    This shouldn’t be the way it is.
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Is it the same thing with gear? I could have sworn that I searched for a piece of required gear, only crystal options were returned from the search, then while browsing the store I found some for guild currency.
  • Laz wrote: »
    Is it the same thing with gear? I could have sworn that I searched for a piece of required gear, only crystal options were returned from the search, then while browsing the store I found some for guild currency.

@laz I keep running into the same thing for some gear since the recent gear UI update. Carbantis and stun guns are good examples. Turns out I'm one gear-menu level higher than I think I am, so I'm actually searching on the full piece, which needs crystals, rather than the salvage pieces for currencies. At one level, it shows the full piece on the left and the salvage on the right (and the icons can be pretty similar), then the next deeper level shows the salvage on both the left and right. Not the greatest interface.
  • Pretty sure the guild search is just plain garbage. It’s not rng because the same 4-5 guild names continuously are displayed.