Today’s Download ?

Prev1
Anybody know what was in the download that just came through? I can’t find any info on it

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If you didn't get a client restart and a download, it was not an update.

• Jaden
    162 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Kyno wrote: »

Then what was the download? Perhaps instead of just correcting his question maybe answer it as well?

• StarSon
    7410 posts Member

I got a client restart and a download. Was it an update?
  • Moldrak
    41 posts Member
    Yeah me too
  • 205mb download...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »

I got a client restart and a download. Was it an update?

No news yet.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    2xonwh.jpg
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    edited April 2019

Don’t believe anyone mentioned an update... just asking what was in the download. Was a large one as well.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    botabu wrote: »

Don’t believe anyone mentioned an update... just asking what was in the download. Was a large one as well.

Sorry for not being so clear, updates would be accompanied by information.

Downloads happen sometimes and dont always mean there will be information to go with it. Sometimes its local reason for the download, they are not always initiated by the game.
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member

Downloads happen sometimes and dont always mean there will be information to go with it. Sometimes its local reason for the download, they are not always initiated by the game.

So, dozens of people not in the same region randomly got a 220MB download, and it's *not* an update?
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    What 220 MB? I had a system initilization, then something like a 29 MB download in the loading screen and that was everything ^^
  • My game crashed and when I relaunched I got hit with that download.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

So, dozens of people not in the same region randomly got a 220MB download, and it's *not* an update?

That response was after 2 people said something.
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member

After 2 people said something *here*. I have 3 coworkers it happened to, and confirmation from many more on various Discord servers that it's happened.

So, we exceed the "random game download" thing, and verified we have an update with no notes. What's up with that?
  • "I don't know" would be more sincere than "no, nothing happened, the lack of information is wai".
  • Most likely just to update for OTC tomorrow, if you have him 7* it would appear as though nothing changed.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    There are occasionally back-integrated downloads that have no player-facing impact. I've seen those happen with no notes. Of course, I always appreciate more info, so I'd like a brief post explaining it was a download with no player-facing impact.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    "I don't know" would be more sincere than "no, nothing happened, the lack of information is wai".

I never said nothing happened.
  • Brown89
    174 posts Member

numbers growing it happened to me and several guildies too
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

After 2 people said something *here*. I have 3 coworkers it happened to, and confirmation from many more on various Discord servers that it's happened.

So, we exceed the "random game download" thing, and verified we have an update with no notes. What's up with that?

Sorry, that response was based on what we saw here.
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member

Fair enough. Hopefully they'll tell us what it was.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2019

Fair enough. Hopefully they'll tell us what it was.

He's about to.
  • Same 220mb download and here is 22:56. But no info about what’s new
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Guildie had it happen to him, nothing for me. Went to app store and there was no available update.

Which suits me fine...I could use some catch-up time after the string of events these past few months. And May 4 is coming soon enough, you just know stuff will be happening then.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Happened to me too, right around the time of the OP's post.
  • Could it be for the new round of GA?
  • Maybe it's a fix for lag in fleet arena.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Patch Notes:

- New Unit - Carbonite Han
    - Removed Herobrine
This discussion has been closed.