Cad Bane & IG88

CB is on my current BH squad (bossk, AS, Greedo, BF). I'm farming HT so get JF along with it, and will drop CB for JF in time.
About to start farming IG from arena store, for ships for falcon; but I don't want to use too much resource on CB or IG if not squad members.
So, is falcon winnable with meh CB & IG, and/or am I missing a trick by keeping either of those meh?

Minor update, just took a kicking in Chewie event, so this is a medium term plan

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    You can have one un(der)-powered ship but I suspect you will struggle if you have two.

Xanadu Blood is a good complement to Hounds Tooth and worth powering up. Cad Bane is likewise a useful hunter to have around, even if only for GA/TW which frees up Boba / Jango to help other squads.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    Cad Bane is a pretty easy gear until G12, and is great for GA and TW on a Bossk team, and his ship is pretty good too.
  • I second the sentiment so far. I think CB tends to be undervalued, and I absolutely love his ship (helps keep taunt on HT, and also turns breaches into perma-exposes).

IG-88/2000 I can take or leave. He’s fun in ga/tw with a full BH fleet, as he can pack a punch on breached ships, but otherwise I don’t use him much. In GA I tend to use him more with droids than BH.
  • Hmmm...I was just posting the other day about where to house my BB8 as I have no other resistance; perhaps under an IG lead in an occasional droid team with R2 chopper and dogbot
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    I wouldn't commit too much to a droid squad without a future plan for it. BB8 will eventually move to a JTR squad and R2 will either move there or to a Rebel squad with 3PO.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    You can have one un(der)-powered ship but I suspect you will struggle if you have two.

Would second this, I got 6* Falcon with a strong HT and IG2k but a really weak Cad Bane - like g7 at the time. The enemy fleet doesn't have any way around HT's undispellable taunt if Breach is out, which gives you a lot more margin for error or crappy gear than you would have otherwise.

That said, they are both decent ships (XB more so than IG2k) and their pilots are also decent on the ground, so I probably would just build them up a bit anyway.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Droideka wrote: »
    Cad Bane is a pretty easy gear until G12, and is great for GA and TW on a Bossk team, and his ship is pretty good too.
    No kidding. At g11 he suddenly turns into a ravening eyeball-monster requiring no less than THREE Mk 8 Biotech Implants to reach g12! :o

They may be red but last I checked Duros only have 2 eyes. :p
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    As a droid fan, I had no trouble justifying the investment into IG88 and his ship. With that said, Cad Bane is a better BH and his ship is better too, so if you don't have a soft spot for droids like I do, I would go ahead and leave 88 undergeared. You'll be able to do the event just fine without him being maxed out. The other BHs and ships will all serve you better in other areas of the game and are much better investments overall.
  • Hmmm...I was just posting the other day about where to house my BB8 as I have no other resistance; perhaps under an IG lead in an occasional droid team with R2 chopper and dogbot

I've seen this 2x recently, who is "Dogbot"??

• FenrirsFirstborn
    268 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Hmmm...I was just posting the other day about where to house my BB8 as I have no other resistance; perhaps under an IG lead in an occasional droid team with R2 chopper and dogbot

I've seen this 2x recently, who is "Dogbot"??

It's a slightly comedic name for T3 I picked up from another thread one time. That and Squish 1 for Boba's ship

Edit: the name may have originated in an old ford fiesta advert in the UK (mid 2000s?)
  • Ok, I'll stick with CB for a while. Can farm XB and Hoth Scout off same node, so all good.
    Just about done with Cassian farm, so can turn arena credits to IG
  • Gotcha Fenrir! I think it was your other post yesterday I saw it on! I then messaged you about possible merger actually! (Let me know if you change your mind!)

Cad Bane is pretty nice, his stun can be effective for B, or C level squads (I don't have him leveled up and managed to get Chewie without him, or Dengar, which is difficult) and change the tides of otherwise, less than stellar squads I put together.