I have an idea for a new donation system in SWGOH. I think it would be really cool to have a character shard donation set up with guilds, much like the current gear donation setup. How it could work:
1. Once a week, players could go into their character inventory, select a character they want shards for, and hit "find." Normally it shows nodes and card packs, a spot could be added next to it that says "Request" just like the "Request" button for gear.
2. The time counts down just like with the gear, except instead of 24 hours it is a full week, and instead of limiting the number of shards you can receive, you can be given as many shards as people want to give you.
3. After it is requested, guild members can go into their guild area of the main screen and go to "Exchange," where they can find both gear exchange and shard exchange options.
4. If you have unused shards of a character (no matter what rarity they are) you can donate however many you would like to the person requesting them (note, if you donate shards it is the same as donating gear: you will lose it). Any normal and marquee character shards can be exchanged, but raid shards (Han Solo, General Kenobi, and Darth Traya) cannot be exchanged, nor can Heroic and Legendary event characters (Jedi Knight Revan, C-3PO, etc).
5. If you have excess shards for a seven star character, you can donate those OR contribute them to your shard shop currency. I think we could have a new portal for extra shard inventory. Just like with mods where you can go into your inventory and sell them, you could go into your shard inventory and claim them as shard shop currency, or you could save them and donate them to people in your guild. You cannot claim currency for a shard and then donate it as well, only one action per shard.
6. At the end of the week, the shards donated to you will be given to your inbox just like gear donation.
I think this method would be beneficial for all players of the game, and make it more appealing for people who aren't as invested in the game. Guilds would be able to advance much quicker than they already can (especially low GP guilds) if people could donate shards. This would eliminate one extra character to farm. It wouldn't impact sales in the game because characters for events could (and would) still be purchased, and any other sales would still happen as people buy crystals to help farm multiple characters at once.
I think this is a great idea and would be a tremendous addition to the game. I hope you guys think so too!