[Updated w/ Dev Response] PSA: DST has Shifted ALL In-Game Clocks/Timers and Arena Payout Time

Prev13456
D_Millennial
847 posts Member
edited March 2016
You've probably noticed this already, but it seems like the game doesn't take into account the time change. This has shifted everything by one hour.

New game timings:

Squad Arena: 7pm
Bonus Energy 1: 1pm
Bonus Energy 2: 7pm
Bonus Energy 3: 10pm
Reset: 1am

[UPDATE]

Here's the Dev response from Reddit:
I'm going to follow up on the DST thing, and I can't go in to too much detail here (don't ask me why, I sincerely don't know why I can't talk about certain things), but I don't believe we are adjusting for DST for multiple reasons, the first of which is that there are time zones that do not adjust for DST, and setting up something for specific TZ is problematic.

Details. I don't really know them.

If I learn more and I can share, I will. However, don't expect a DST adjustment at this time.

Looks like nothing is changing anytime soon.

Post edited by D_Millennial on

Replies

• Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    In 11 hours my time zone shifts forward one hour. Will my daily/arena times also change with the time shift or will they simply be an hour behind now?
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Arena time will be 6 pm and reset will be midnight.
  • I'm not sure that'll be true, as I'm pretty sure I'm in the wrong time zone, so my reset times will change
  • EM650 wrote: »
    Arena time will be 6 pm and reset will be midnight.
    I asked this question a month ago and as usual got no reply.
    I willing to bet in the US Arena time will be 7 pm and reset at 1 am. on Sunday hot fixed on Monday.
    It's the simple things that completely elude the developers.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Well Boom Beach does not bother to change daily times for DST although that is not as time intensive as an arena sniping frenzy and daily reward/farm node/refill/challenge/GW restart, but they are pretty much the undisputed kings of mobi gaming (SuperSell).
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    It's looking like 7 and 1 according to my timers.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Naugrin wrote: »
    It's looking like 7 and 1 according to my timers.

+1 *sigh*
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • The daily reset/arena timings will remained fixed.
    It will remain as the timezone you originally installed the game in.
  • hope they fix it... Much prefer 6pm to 7pm
  • I somehow knew they would have overlooked something as simple as daylight savings time.

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    In a way the way they do time zones makes DLT a little harder to implement. As they log the time zone you start the game on and leave it fixed. I started in mountain standard, now on mountain daylight so my timezone changed. The real problem is daylight savings time existing.

It also could be that since the reset today was at midnight and time change at 2am that it won't account for it unti tonight. Has anyone burned there challenges yet or arena attacks yet?
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    haha arena time now 7pm. bravo.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Dang not going to stay up till 1 every night for reset..
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    The daily reset/arena timings will remained fixed.
    It will remain as the timezone you originally installed the game in.

Except they're not. They just changed by one hour. And will again in 6 months...and then again.

Even the energy refills are now at 1pm, 7pm and 10pm.

They need to fix this. Programmers have been accounting for DST for decades, yet the concept somehow eludes CG/EA. :/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Plasmaj
    297 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    They should just leave it at 7 until clocks adjust again. If they won't allow players to choose a payout time, at least this will temporarily allow a different group of users to play before payout that couldn't at 6. Unfortunately for me 7 is no better (and probably slightly worse)
  • I am actually shocked. I was POSITIVE they would get this right. They can pull your timezone from your OS, why can't it convert DST? I actually like 7pm better. It gives me another hour to do what I need to do before I lock into an hour of arena mind games.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I am actually shocked. I was POSITIVE they would get this right. They can pull your timezone from your OS, why can't it convert DST? I actually like 7pm better. It gives me another hour to do what I need to do before I lock into an hour of arena mind games.

Not everyone necessarily prefers the change and it's inconsistent (which I thought was the purpose of having it as an assigned time). But I get that there are players that this flaw benefits.

• I agree. It works better for me. There are people out there that are going to lose the ability to run arena because it now conflicts with their daily schedule. My main point is that they didn't hack a plan to correct this. The same with leap month. How do you overlook that? It's not like this is the first game they have ever launched.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    I agree. It works better for me. There are people out there that are going to lose the ability to run arena because it now conflicts with their daily schedule. My main point is that they didn't hack a plan to correct this. The same with leap month. How do you overlook that? It's not like this is the first game they have ever launched.

It's their second game. First was hoda
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    It's more inconvenient that reset is now at 1am.....
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »
    It's more inconvenient that reset is now at 1am.....

Not if you wake at 7am *tipsy face*
    {RotE}
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Feel bad for those people who stay up until midnight for reset
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    very happy about arena, sad about bonus energy 1. Dont care about the rest.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    The game's timing is likely tied to GMT. I've played other games that had this same issue.
    There is no need to stay up until midnight anyway.. never understood that. It's not like you get any benefit from this.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    If you live in Arizona you never have to worrie about time change... It's always the same time zone!
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • USAmazing wrote: »
    If you live in Arizona you never have to worrie about time change... It's always the same time zone!

How convenient. I personally dislike Daylight Savings. I find I pointless and irritating.
  • Most game resets do the same thing. At least the ones I have played. Come October all the current times we are all used to will go back to what we were all used to. Thus, the cycle of life continues.
  • CollinF
    203 posts Member
    This might be either really good or really bad. I'm either going to just go to bed at 11 becuz I don't fell like staying up 2 hours OR im going to start staying up until 1 every night. Hopefully it's the first one
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    The game's timing is likely tied to GMT. I've played other games that had this same issue.
    There is no need to stay up until midnight anyway.. never understood that. It's not like you get any benefit from this.

Well you do get benefits if you're one hard Battle away from a shard for you main squad, etc same for lower lvls finishing the activities and gaining levels before you get kicked back in arena at night.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Can someone explain the "staying up for reset" thing? I'm clearly missing something. You get a finite number of chances to do things per day and it doesn't matter when you do them. Why mess up your sleep schedule?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.