Please Add g12+ Chance for the Other 40 Raiders

Naugrin
686 posts Member
edited April 2019
This has gone on far too long CG. Your reward structure is terrible for the sith raid. Iirc you said you would monitor it and make changes accordingly. Either you lied, you are ignorant, or you are incompetent.

Please make the other 80% of each guild feel like they matter almost as much as the 20% on top.

Replies

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    So a player who posts a 0 should be able to get fully crafted g12+ gear, just like the player who just spent 1-2 hours with his carefully crafted teams and strategies to get a top ten score/
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    So a player who posts a 0 should be able to get fully crafted g12+ gear, just like the player who just spent 1-2 hours with his carefully crafted teams and strategies to get a top ten score/

That’s one extreme example of a scenario, but kind of blows the OP’s discussion out of proportion.

What about when someone posts damage and places 25. Do they also not deserve any chance at g12+ gear?
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »

So a player scoring 1 point less than the person in 10th place should have no chance at it?

Hyberbole is a double edged sword. Stop with the nonsense.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    Naugrin wrote: »

So a player scoring 1 point less than the person in 10th place should have no chance at it?

I've actually seen the difference be < 1,000 damage between 10th and 11th, and that's painful.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    As an example, our recently finished raid...

1st- 32million
    6th- 23 million
    10th- 18 million
    11th- 17 million
    15th- 15 million
    16th- 10 million

23 people registered damage

Rounded to millions for brevity.
  • You know I find these posts so funny the people starting them are like I want something done so im gonna insult you. I think that will speed up the process significantly! :D:D:D
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

I've actually seen the difference be < 1,000 damage between 10th and 11th, and that's painful.

Yeah I've been 11th by under 1k before. I've also been 22ish within a few million of 10th place.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member

Absolutely no hyperbole there. My guild's last HSith run was last night.

Top 3 scored 24.8-30.6M
    Top 10 scored 11-24.5M
    Top 20 scored 1.5-10.8M
    21-24 scored between 137k-1.1M
    25-50 scored 0.

You always have to draw a line somewhere. Maybe top 10 is too limiting, but every player is too generous?
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    LOL under a half hour to be moved to feedback to die. I will go ahead and hope this actually gets attention from cg. There's a chance right?
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member

Top 3 scored 24.8-30.6M
    Top 10 scored 11-24.5M
    Top 20 scored 1.5-10.8M
    25-50 scored 0.

You always have to draw a line somewhere. Maybe top 10 is too limiting, but every player is too generous?

Nobody said everyone needs the same chance. There are plenty of ways to address it, as I'm sure you and cg both understand.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member

Nobody said everyone needs the same chance. There are plenty of ways to address it, as I'm sure you and cg both understand.

Agreed, which is why I made that statement.

If EA has been monitoring, and feels that the status quo is acceptable, they aren't going to make changes. I know that chasing the top 3 has been a huge part of some player's raiding experience, due to the G12+ pieces being among the most important things in the game.

At a certain point, g13 will go live, and they will have to give more access to the g12+ pieces for all players to begin upgrading. Until then...I wouldn't expect to see any change in the raid reward structure.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    I don't expect it. The fact that it has been this way for this long shows exactly how much they care. They will give the old treat to more people once the new treat comes out. Presumably, they will make the next raid's rewards the same way. So I decided to voice my displeasure. I will do it again next time and someone will undoubtedly take a specific stance against a general request and the post will be tucked away and forgotten. All will be ok in the galaxy so long as the spice, er money, flows.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member

Top 3 scored 24.8-30.6M
    Top 10 scored 11-24.5M
    Top 20 scored 1.5-10.8M
    25-50 scored 0.

Yeah, but I bet they don't want a Pit situation, where the 0 at 50th is often better rewards than the guy in 1st, because RNG. I would think giving at least the top 30 a chance at the full g12 pieces would be fine, and g12+ can stay top 10.
    LOL under a half hour to be moved to feedback to die. I will go ahead and hope this actually gets attention from cg. There's a chance right?

Also, the location doesn't matter to CG. They check all the sections. And players should be using Recent Discussions instead of individual categories.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    G12+ only in the top 10 is the problem. It's bad design. It's competitive design for a cooperative mode. If g12+ salvage was more plentiful AND more common in 11th and worse, the problem would be lessened...but it's rare and low quantity.

People that are steadily in the top 10 have more g12+ multiple times over. Mark 12 datapads for instance...those who average top 20 struggle with them, those in the top 10 have lots (speaking generally, could be another piece for different individuals, that is just the freshest in my mind).
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    Bad design vs good design is subjective. All of their raids are this way, so it's not surprising. It's *supposed* to be rare, so they won't just give it out to everyone like that.

And I don't know who you talk to, but I take top 10 every raid and it's been months since I've gotten a full +.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    No their raids have not been all the same. This has been talked about ad nauseum. But regarding what you have gotten...it's not just the full pieces...it's the salvage amounts AND the full pieces (or lack thereof in the case of the sub 10th). It's the hardest gear line thus far (or 3rd to 4th).
  • The scoring structure makes sense when you are a guild who is just initially being able to complete the raid. Reward the people who carried the guild.

When you get to the point that raids are done in under an hour it begins to make no sense at all. It exists solely so CG can fuel guilds to compete (spend) amongst themselves. Why does person in guild A get top 3 rewards for scoring 12 million while another person gets 20-29 rewards for scoring the same in guild B? And then you have plenty of people who work endlessly on good raid teams to score high and then get bottom tier rewards because they weren’t on at a specific hour to be able to run their teams.

Please make rewards based on total score, not rank, and allow guilds to hold off on scores being tallied until set times for each phase, so they can ensure more people can actually participate.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    Please make rewards based on total score, not rank

This I can get on board with.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    You know I find these posts so funny the people starting them are like I want something done so im gonna insult you. I think that will speed up the process significantly! :D:D:D

Ah we are all alike are we? I didn't think I was all that insulting but ymmv. I don't think anything i say will speed up "the process." I don't think there is a process for this issue. I think it has simply been ignored and will continue to be. I find this frustrating and admit to standard human failings.

Fwiw, I hope I'm wrong.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019

yeah it's called a guild bra

Not the Jkray rewards program being fed by 40 nobodies ??

AMIRITE ????

and that 2 hours figure is LOLtastic there is no strategy to getting top 10... you have the teams to do it or you don't. The only one that even requires an effort is NS p4...which people going top 10 will just cheese nightstorm anyway

I mean really man
  • For your information... in last 10 HSTR (I always finish 1st-3rd) I received ZERO full pieces G12+.
    Lol
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019

No as can be seen from only getting a probable "mostly" cloned TB map and NOTHING of consequence aside from that in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGG time.

They have no interest in giving us PVE content...... just squeezing the grape for all it can before the winery closes

EDIT : Trust me :) I would LOVE to eat crow on this one.....but the writing on the wall been pretty clear for a while.... Why HSTR was so protected...it was SUPPOSED to be the end all for raids....but their own kit writers destroyed that vision....and now we are stuck in nothing new land