Arena Shard Duration

SkillKing
26 posts Member
edited April 2019
Mandalorians and Jawas! Sith Lords and Jedi Knights! Here are my 2 cents on what is happening to our young padawan players!

If i am not mistaken, arena shards were created the way they were to make our novices compete with others who have been playing for the same duration of time as each other! A padawan should not have to slay a Sith Lord in order to make their first light saber!

However, there is a problem starting to spread through our quadrant of space. These new galactic starlords (hehe) work their butts off, hit level 28 in like 2 or 3 days, and WHABAM! They enter an arena shard to which they are BOUND, only to find that the TOP 50 COMPETITORS didn't have a single account under LEVEL 60. (#1 being almost lvl 65!) (PS this was me last month)

... Do you realize how long it takes to hit level 65? These Super Sayans (hehe) are perhaps 1-2 MONTHS ahead in their training!!!. Do you realize that even if they spend HUNDREDS of dollars, they STILL will be extremely behind in their shards?

As any good supporter of a beloved game does, i do not only come to critique but to offer a solution.

Your "baby boom" of new trainees is over. This excursion of a game has been offered for multiple years, and the amount of new accounts has slowed dramatically. You need a NEW SHARD TIME LIMIT! If a new shard is not full within a week, i plea that you seriously consider calling it quits, and starting a new shard. Yes, there won't be the same "quantity" of competition in a shard, but at least the competition will will be able to compete!!!

These are my two cents! I took them from Bossk so I may not be around long enough to read your reply.

Thank you for reading a dialogue twice as long as the introduction to any of the original star wars movies... You deserve a gold star.

May the force be with you.

Replies

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Just wanted to highlight that it takes approximately 2 weeks to fill a Leaderboard, you’re not behind by a few months. Those top few competitors have either been hoarding energy for a Long time or caught up by buying many energy refreshes. If you’re stuck in your current account because you didn’t know what you were doing first time around, you’re better off starting a new account and timing it to enter the next Leaderboard the moment it opens. There is a Discord chat monitoring that if I’m not mistaken.
  • SkillKing
    26 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I know but did you even read the post?! That's too long is all I'm saying. Lvl 28 vs lvl 65 isnt fun. I'm just saying they are gonna lose frustrated players.

But I know they probably wont actually do it, it was just an idea. I would appreciate if anybody has the discord link.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    SkillKing wrote: »
    I know but did you even read the post?! That's too long is all I'm saying. Lvl 28 vs lvl 65 isnt fun. I'm just saying they are gonna lose frustrated players.

Stay focused, play regularly and you will catch up. This game is not a sprint. It's a marathon with sprints in-between.

• SkillKing
    26 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    okay we ALL know shards are taking about 2 weeks to fill now. To suggest the time does NOT have anything to do with it is naive. @Austin09370

This post was literally just something to think about, and you are calling me naive without considering my point. THAT, is naive. If a shard isn't full within a week, I think it MIGHT be an OPTION for the developers to end the shard. It would help to separate such a large STARTING level and experience gap. Unless these people are using 20 refreshes a day, calling me naive is irrelevant. It would still help to have a smaller gap at the start.. These crystal hoarders still took a week or two to get that far ahead.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    If I ever do decide to play my hoarding account, I’m pretty confident I’ll reach level 60 at least on the first day, it ain’t gonna take 2 weeks even. Heck, by the time I do decide to play, I’d probably hit 65 on the first day.

dczxpyqmbx8d.png
  • Options
    See and THAT is new information to me, so thank you. Yes that is obviously what I would call a bigger problem.

Either way, thank you for also recognizing that there is a gap. Whether it be shard duration, or energy hoarding, I just think something should change to make it fair for new players.

This isnt even a cash grab by EA, it's just a problem.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    By my calculations, that almost an entire year of energy refreshes banked, quite impressive. At this point, I don't know if it will ever be worth unloading this account to arena.

However, I imagine it would be a nightmare to accidentally acquire energy when getting your refreshes.

Yes there was once CG randomly introduced an event that gave out some XP, that screwed over some of the hoarders who were not paying attention lol. I was not affected because I'm not hardcore, I just log in and collect the free energy once a day if I even remember to do so.