Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Presaria wrote: »
    This is stupid. April fool’s was days ago.

lol
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    Can you tell us when this update is happening!

• Options
    This is the most negative I've seen my guild chat since the STR showed up and made half of my guild's best players leave.
  • Options
    Why was this posted yet again on a late Friday afternoon before the weekend?...
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    Can't wait for Kyno to come and defend CG by saying that "we should all be grateful that CG increased it to 5 sims/day in the first place seeing as it used to be 3!"

That reminds me when people said about Kyno that he was a good person and they wanted him as the official community manager or stuff like this..
  • Options
    You want some extra daily crystals out of me, EA/CG? Reduce the attempts to 5 but make the refresh 15c. The crystals per attempt works out slightly in your favor, but my out of pocket expense for a reasonable farm rate is still manageable.

That’s a square deal.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1233 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    From my perspective, you're not changing anything back rather than taking something from me. It's been 8 attempts since I joined this game. This wasn't just some temporary double drops deal. This is the status quo that I took for granted when I invested a good amount of money in this game and made long-term farming plans. Needless to say I'm not a happy camper with a loose wallet at the moment.

Despite all the legendary events this month, with CLS and HMF being rather short notice, I might have made everything in time by spending yet another 20€ on crystals and getting 32 shards of XB or IG-2000 from shipments. Now I don't see the point anymore since I won't get Han's Falcon 7-starred without paying more than I'm willing to afford right now. And since my fleet shard mates won't get HMF at 7* either from what I heard, it doesn't seem so urgent anymore. If the goal of this change is to increase your bottom line, I'm not so sure that it's working.
  • Options
    So is it safe to say that there will be a new galactic chase event coming very soon? Bad move CG

I never even thought about that. Solid point.
  • Options
    Babyhewy wrote: »
    I think this is the first time I've seen a consensus on ANYTHING on this forum. That should probably tell you something CG.

The only thing they ever cared about was income, so unless everyone suddenly boycotts the game and stops spending (lmao as if), nothing will change. So the conclusion we’ve reached is: there’s nothing we can do about anything, no matter how angry, no matter how unanimous.

The community has no voice whatsoever. They don’t care, guys... which is why it’s weird they pay their forum moderators to troll around and hide topics they don’t like in places they don’t belong- or better yet, make a megathread and merge the sounds of dissent into one easy-to-ignore cacophony. Silence the already nonexistent voice even more, I guess.
  • Options
    Back in my day we only got 3 tries per day...

Also, I never refreshed nodes back then, because there was much less value in it. I’ll probabky go back to that, and spend more of my energy farming gear instead. Luckily I’m nearly done with farming character shards, and it will just be the new characters that come out.
  • shhfiftyfive
    98 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    so we've gone from heroes available on multiple hard nodes, with 5 attempts per node per day (10 total)..
    down to heroes only available on a single hard node, with 8 attempts per day.
    now down to heroes only available on a single hard node, with only 5 attempts per day.

CG, do you even math bro?

my 150mil gp guild is up in arms. many are saying they quit. and i can't blame them. this is just dumb. a 3 month farm is rough, but a 6 month farm is just irrelevant. also, the drop rates are already absurd, so there's that.

the word "punitive" should not be the term your game's future is known for. you're just killing off your player base, and eventually the game itself.
  • Options
    They are taking advantage of the Star Wars franchise too much. They know they don’t have to keep us very happy because they’re still gonna make lots of dough just from the fact that people love Star Wars and this is the only game that really lets you enjoy all the characters.

We need more competition in the App Store so they’ll cater to the consumer more.
  • Options
    Keep that good will tour going CG! Another 3-4 people leaving my guild soon I'm sure.
  • Options
    I'm not buying the excuse 'waaah it was for Reeevvvaaan….' btw. Nah, it was because MSF had more battles and at the time players were leaching away to that game and increasing the battles here made the two games comparable in terms of number of battles etc.Fortunately for CG that game is a bigger poop show and extortionate scam then this is and seems, through it's own devices, to be determined to die on it's backside...hence less need to bother placating anybody here anymore...and a new financial year, so since Q4 is out the way, might as well get a rip off in early in the hope of scamming some extra wonga early on in the fiscal year...can always back track later.

...and do we really need to announce these things on Friday?

EA: 'Yea, here's some vinegar on your cream bun. Oh and btw, there's a cat poop in your sock too...byeeeee! Sayonara cashsacks!...back on Monday, have a great weekend :) Kind regards, EA'
  • Options
    How about instead of turning back the clock and making the playerbase hate you, you focus on new pve content and give players something to be excited about.
  • Options
    Why do CG keep making it so difficult for ftp players? My guild has gone from fully heroic, now we can't finish the Sith raid due to your petty Finn Nerf, now this rubbish. You are splitting guilds apart. You are making the game unenjoyable.
  • Options
    Darth Revan’s been here only once, with farm time he is currently for the p2p crowd. Plus the gear requirements to get him. Saying we’ve had time is ridiculous. I’m not going anywhere as I still enjoy the game, but the moves made to milk money make me do the exact opposite. All lowering the sim count does is force us to spread our farms further out with the available energy and slow progress on each.

I’m not going anywhere as I still enjoy the game, but the moves made to milk money make me do the exact opposite. Every time I even think about spending anything, I think of the many moves like this. My wallet has been closed for a long time and will continue to stay closed.
  • Options
    It’s going to take forever to get Carbonite Han..
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Making characters that take ages to farm even longer is not a great move.

Yes especially when game is on verge of collapse and on its way out....

Great time to be in hawaii as the home house BURNS
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb
    When exactly is this change back to 5 tries per day happening?
    By "Next update" presumably mean before the milenium falcon event goes live? What good is giving us notice of upcoming event, like Falcon, and then saying you are going to reduce our ability to make use of that warning at some unspecified time.

I don't think the move to 5 tries per day is good, when you keep putting more characters on single hard nodes. But to do it (or even announce you are going to do it) right in the middle of the final rush for a major event is really not treating people right.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    1) People are sitting on 50k+++ SIMs so what's the point of having thme in the game? I say we cut off all SIM drops so at some point we need to buy them at 25 crystals again to SIM our battles.
    2) GW being SIMable lowers the SWGoH playtime. We cannot allow that so remove the SIM option for GW again and make all 12 nodes JKR nodes to maximize the time you need to clear it (oh and screw the new players ofc).
    3) People are getting too many credits so a lot of people are just throwing them into mods from the mod store. To create a bottleneck again we need to increase cost for moving mods and need to remove the credit heist.
    4) People are getting too much gear from converting shards into shard shop currency and then buying gear. We need to get rid of the shard store or drastically increase the item costs...actually..nah...get rid of it.
    5) People are getting too many zeta mats so remove the zeta mats from fleet store so people need to pray to RNGesus again to get their zetas from the fleet challenges.
    6) People get too many crystals from arenas. Replace the crystal rewards from fleet arena with some credits.
    7) "Unlimited" attempts at the cantina battles doesn't follow the new policy. Needs to be changed to 5 battles and node refreshs at the usual costs.
    8) Nerf JKA.
    9) There are too many worthy mods showing up in the mod store. We need to reduce the overall rarity outcome and include 1-3* mods to the pool (and make health mods more likely to appear).
    10) Too many raids. Make it 1 raid (of each type) per week. Excessive raid tickets are going to be converted int....are going to be wasted. Deal with it.

/s

Under the bridge..... der be trolllllsss
  • Options
    Happy Friday loyal swgoh players! And oh yeah, now we’re taking back those 8 attempts and giving you 5! Isn’t that swell! What a low down dirty richardish thing to do. Have a great weekend!
  • Options
    great....now my BH ship grind is gonna take even longer. Thanks for nothing, CG
  • Options
    Just don't do that...
  • Options
    If they truly listened to their playerbase like they love to tell us they do, this wouldn't be happening. Not a good look at all and I hope it really hits them hard in the pocketbook. Seems like that's all they care about anyway
  • Options
    Aydnie wrote: »
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    Can't wait for Kyno to come and defend CG by saying that "we should all be grateful that CG increased it to 5 sims/day in the first place seeing as it used to be 3!"

That reminds me when people said about Kyno that he was a good person and they wanted him as the official community manager or stuff like this..

Congratulations! It would appear that you are physically capable of scrolling far down into someone's post history and dredging up comments from months ago!

It might be important to realize that things, along with opinions change.. Kyno is active, which is why on the surface I thought he would have been a good community manager compared to crumb who hardly says anything..
  • Rebuc
    85 posts Member
    Options
    Cool...dont really care. It was never mean to stay and was intended to go away at some point.

Now, for a pointless change - Now how about resetting the sliders back to the minimum setting instead of max every time for simming! That was a stupid change and it'd be great if you can change it back - thanks.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Options
    Classic friday bomb. By the time everybody’s back to the office, the rage phase will be over and some will reach acceptance.
This discussion has been closed.