Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• At least they aren’t changing the cost to refresh a node back to 50 crystals.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Marly wrote: »
    This is horrible for newer players, JKR, DR, JTR, Falcon, c3p0, it will be impossible to catch up.... Will just fall farther and farther behind with each event

^ Common sense.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Benobi
    44 posts Member
    While I will be missing the 8 attempts on hard nodes I will still work diligently! Thank you for giving us the extra attempts for the last half a year or so.

Keep up the hard work! Can't wait for Darth Malak, and eventually the best sith ever Darth Bane!

What a ****.
  • C4L3B87
    52 posts Member
    At least they aren’t changing the cost to refresh a node back to 50 crystals.

If they revert back to the way things were then it will go back to 50.

This is just a disgraceful move on there part. I can’t tell if they are just mean people by dropping stuff like this on close of business on Friday or if they are just bad at business...
  • Making terrible decisions that reduce your player base (broke meta with Revan & ****, broke Raids with C3PO) does not mean those of us that remain can be milked dry to make up the lost revenue. Can we please get an intelligent decision that actually makes people "want" to keep playing rather than **** everyone off even more?
  • Zvezda
    56 posts Member
    Why wanna upset the base fan for couple of cents you make on these small changes. Want to earn more? Make better and more attractive content and people will spend. Be smart ... not greedy! :(
  • Y'all obviously don't remember that
    a) they told us that the change to 8 was temporary
    b) it used to be 3 attempts a day

I'm mostly curious if the refresh cost will stay at 25/50/100/100 or will go back to 50 and up
  • Increasing the attempts to 10, instead of cutting back to 5, would likely encourage more players to grab crystal top-ups. The drop rate is already grim, so incentivizing players to chase the shards, instead of hitting the grinding brakes, would likely elicit a stronger revenue return for CG.
  • Gul_Ski73
    68 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    @CG_Carrie, @CG_SBCrumb Does mean double will be coming back too? Or, are you limiting ways to farm toons/gear in hope that we'll buy character packs??
  • Rhydia
    104 posts Member

Don’t give them ideas.
  • Prosser
    278 posts Member

Yet....
  • Other Features:
    Weekly Shipment: A new shipment has been added for level 85 players. This shipment sells high value items that only refresh once a week. No refresh button is available.
    Mod Quests: A variety of new Mod quests related to unlocking Mod Battles and Slicing Mods have been added
    Mod Daily Activities: A new daily activity to do 3 battles that cost Mod Energy has been added. Also the “Level a Mod” Daily activity that appears for level 50-60 players has been removed.
    Increased Hard Node Attempts: Hard Nodes attempts have been increased from 5 to 8

This is from the mod 2.0 post by crumb. Since it doesn’t say the hard node increase was temporary yet it’s being reverted, does that mean we will be losing mod quests, daily activities and the weekly shipment store?
  • Gama_Fox
    624 posts Member
    Aydnie wrote: »
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    Aydnie wrote: »
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    Can't wait for Kyno to come and defend CG by saying that "we should all be grateful that CG increased it to 5 sims/day in the first place seeing as it used to be 3!"

That reminds me when people said about Kyno that he was a good person and they wanted him as the official community manager or stuff like this..

Congratulations! It would appear that you are physically capable of scrolling far down into someone's post history and dredging up comments from months ago!

It might be important to realize that things, along with opinions change.. Kyno is active, which is why on the surface I thought he would have been a good community manager compared to crumb who hardly says anything..

It is you who asked for this ?

Never noticed, I just remembered seeing someone asking this

If you just randomly remember someone mentioning it you wouldn't have quoted me.. It's pretty obvious you just scrolled through my history of posts. Good job, that takes real effort.

If you have nothing to contribute to this thread why are you posting here?
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Oof. Bad call guys. You slowed down the farming rate on any newer players before they got really hooked. Not a solid strategy. You really should have just done timed double drops, but now you have a segment that didn’t know 8 per day was not the standard.
  • absolutely stupid. i will never spend another penny on this game. seems like only $$ speaks to EA
  • As everyone has stated, this is a dumb move. Hard node farms and hard node ship farms suck as it is. Whales will whale no matter the amount of nodes, but dolphins like myself will either quit spending or quit. I don't get it. I like this game a lot but the last 3 months have been really frustrating, and I've been around for almost 3 years. I can cope with most cg moves but this one is ****,
  • Jeric wrote: »
    Oof. Bad call guys. You slowed down the farming rate on any newer players before they got really hooked. Not a solid strategy. You really should have just done timed double drops, but now you have a segment that didn’t know 8 per day was not the standard.

Double drops? Do those still exist? Can't remember last time I saw those, those were the days
  • Gama_Fox wrote: »
    Oh look!! Another post on a Friday afternoon that no CG employee will comment on because they know that they will get absolutely ZERO positive reactions from.

After the lackluster "QOL" update a few weeks back this really isn't all that surprising.. CG is a bunch of corporate pieces of (insert creative swear word that accurately describes CGs motives here).

Can't wait for @Kyno to come and defend CG by saying that "we should all be grateful that CG increased it to 5 sims/day in the first place seeing as it used to be 3!"

You have an open invite to join our guild any day. Thank you for your quality post.
  • Al486
    10 posts Member
    I think this is a poor decision CG! Many important character farms already take a long time. Now they will take even longer. Very long farms are not fun. To have fun is the main reason why people play this game...
  • Current new players are being crippled in their effort to catch up on characters. Future new players will have it worse as they will have an even harder time building a roster.
  • I hate the move, but we know CG has the data. It apparently shows that people spend more on hard node farms this way. So I can’t blame them for making the change.

My guess is they’ve known this and planned on switching back for a while, but their timeline for JKR and DR was already based on the increased farming rate, and they didn’t want to interfere with that. Now that it’s over the change comes.
  • Bendur
    12 posts Member
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Only ways I'd accept the reduction is a guarantee that at the same time they reduce the times that you can farm, you increase the shard drop rate to 50%, or you earn double shards when the shards do drop at the current drop rate of 33.3%, or when you spend Crystal's to refresh the node you get 10 attempts instead of 5 attempts. Else this is one of the worst things ever done.

I like the idea of 10 attempts when you refresh, that's a fairly decent compromise. The first refresh would only be 1 less attempt than it currently is, with subsequent (more expensive) refreshes giving a few bonus attempts.

I really can't see the point of refreshing nodes with 5 attempts. I didn't do it when it was 5 before, and I won't likely do it when it changes back to 5.

The absolute worst part of this change is in ships. There aren't that many hard nodes to farm, and there is more than 1 character that is exclusive to ship farms.

This all being said I guess it's time to go back to farming 4-5 different hard nodes a day. I won't get individual characters to 7* as fast, but I'll get the same number of shards as I am now, just spread out through more characters. Still not a fan of this changing back to 5, but I'll deal with it if I must (at least until they change it back to 8)

FYI pro tip...if they ever change it back to 8 get ready for more panic farming!
  • Nevet
    20 posts Member
    Am I the only poor soul who remembers Sabine and Baze farm at 3 attempts per day? Just spread your farms around a little, youll have spare energy now
  • 1) The game has a big problem with cheaters, and they are out there sporting characters with teams with ridiculous gear with chewi and C-3PO. You hit the denounce button and nothing happens.

2) There are a number of reasonable measures that are constantly being demanded, such as a visualization phase in the territory battles, improvement of the logs of the territory war, in short a series of small improvements.

Someone has already put forward a powerful argument that this only harms the entrants in the game.

We go deep into the main characters affected by the measure.
    Revan (I already have everything ready) and Darth Revan (I'm still in no hurry) since it affects 6 of 10 characters to get the two Revans.

But the side effect on beginners?

1) Sabine (she was removed from the guild event shop and you refuse to make changes in the stores), more by Chimaera than by the GAT itself.

2) Mother Talzin and Nightsister zombie harming the most important team for the p4 in the only raid yet untamed by solos.

3) Millenium Falcon OT is brutally affected, since 3 of the 4 ships are in the table, besides the own Bossk.

Want to block the route so easy for beginners to have access to both Revans? Pass the fallen Bastila and Joole to points 9-C and 9-D of the Dark side that the level 85 limitation itself will brake, since Jolee's other point is 4 on the ships. You with good free play planning manages to accelerate 1 month to arrival in 85 which is 6 months. If you toast 150 crystals every day and get extra yellow energy, you can speed up the process in a month.

You have already managed to attract community fury with blocking characters on TW, to fix a C-3PO problem, they have done away with ZFinn's mechanics and now this.

They want more money, make relevant improvements for players, and demolish those who have these ideas that simply making it more expensive to refill the crystals you have increased profits. Get out of the California bubble and study a bit about capitalism, a good read from Mises and Friedrich Hayek can be productive for your jobs and minds.
  • JarDorK
    163 posts Member
    with this implementation, you forgot that... you added LOTS of characters to the hard nodes and 0 to the stores, making the farm even worse, the drop rates for shards are already horrible, making that decision will only make them, useless to use and refresh, there are days that out of the 8 i get 0-2 shards max, from 0 shards to 320, with 2 per day, it takes about 160 days if my math is not that bad :P, to get it in 60 days you need 5.33 shards per day, with the drop rate we currently have with the reduction, most likely we will have around 0-1 shard a day, each will make a lot of f2p and even dolphins lose interest in the game, it's already overwhelming the amount of farm we have to do in the hard nodes
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart
  • Lichbane
    222 posts Member
    The reason given is stupid. Those who don’t yet have the revans on shards that do will be even more doomed than they currently are. This just makes the uphill battle of catching up even worse.

£££ overrides common sense it seems.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    yaklan42 wrote: »
    Y'all obviously don't remember that

I'm mostly curious if the refresh cost will stay at 25/50/100/100 or will go back to 50 and up

as far as we know the refresh cost is not changing.
  • CapnJack81
    100 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Deleted
    Post edited by CapnJack81 on
  • Kyno wrote: »
    yaklan42 wrote: »
    Y'all obviously don't remember that

as far as we know the refresh cost is not changing.

I didn't forget. However we have had temporary changes, i.e. the 3 to 5 hard node that were temporary but stuck around. However the focus on hard node farms lend itself in my opinion to keep it at 8. If most reasonably good toons and ships will only be hard nodes, 8 is good, 5 is bad and makes this game not worth the time, let alone money investment. It allows players to choose how to spend their crystals and refreshes. Push it back to 5 it is probably not worth the trouble.
This discussion has been closed.