Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Obi1_son wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    CapnJack81 wrote: »
    I'm yet another who believed this to be a bad idea. Sure, ya said it was temporary, but mot our fault it was left in far longer and came to be expected.

Just another reason to start looking at some of the new games out there. Good job

They never said it was temporary, until this update.
    It's a lie

Here's the original announcement

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/180392/game-update-8-30-2018-mods-2-0#latest

Interesting spot

It was in the game update...

sbrubzf8s4d2.jpg

Proof that this pic is from the latest 5 to 8 node change and not the 1st one?
    The fact that ship nodes are not mentioned leads me to believe this is from the 1st increase.

Agreed. Ahnaldt101 posted your screenshot and nothing of the old one that’s not even dated. Some people just like to argue the opposite for some reason.
  • Counter argument to those who are defending this decision by saying it was only meant to be "limited time", at what point does a change lose that title? Honestly, it wouldn't have been met with such backlash if it was taken away a month later, but this is 7-8 months later and is now ingrained into how people play the game. We have a ton of players now who never knew of the time when we were limited to only 5 attempts per refresh.

To me, the fact that it was described as temporary when it was announced doesn't matter due to the length of time it has been in the game. This does feel like a slap in the face to the players, and I hope the decision will be reviewed and reversed.
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    You really should leave it. Drop rates are low on so many things. I've been farming MV for over a month Straight and still don't have her at 7s. Every day, all energy to that node. BH Ships, so many ships, all of them are so difficult to farm because of drop rates.
  • Antares78
    42 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Bad move CG. Isso é falta de piiiiiiii.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Funny how they get 300+ responses in hours, mostly negative, yet they continue to do what they said they were going to do anyway. Every time they announce a negative change to the game.
  • To the developers please dont make this change as I am a relative new player, just over 1 year. I am not close to farming for dark revan, I am spending all energy on hard node toons that I cant gear up for some of the more ridiculous hard events like chewie and 3p0. I have only 2 toons at g12 because I am farming hard nodes so much cant gear current toons except off raids and stores. If you make this change it will reduce my willingness to play and I will goto Google play store and log a bad review and ask all my guild mates to do the same. If anyone here is feeling the same I suggest you use your voice and goto Google or apple store and log bad review.
  • I will say this and hope it is respected...

Irregardless of whether or not I use money in the game or am f2p, I don't think attemps is truly limiting what characters I can farm. If I want to farm them I will use gems to do so and get refreshes. The actual limiting factor is energy per day.

You have 18-20 hard node attempts per day with yellow energy, about 9 with ship energy. (Which should be increased given the amount of items, gear, shards for characters I need to grind)

By limiting attempts the game just favors those who dump money in constantly, not those who are skilled. If you want NEW PLAYERS who may eventually pay to play this game. You need to not change it back.
  • We know it’s bad when even @Kyno isn’t defending them. What do you think about this change Kyno?
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    if you want NEW PLAYERS who may eventually pay to play this game. You need to not change it back.

They have to change cost what they sell first. Price are not attractive in this game like clash of clan or other f2p
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    @Jenjhys yet you see people casually saying "I'll just buy the "x" character pack for $50 when the event drops"...

Same price as an entire brand new game, a tank of gas, a nice dinner out. Doesn't matter what they charge, once people are addi...."hooked"... They keep coming back for more.
  • Sewperbad
    56 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    What all these CG apologist don’t want is for people to catch up. I don’t know what’s considered a whale but I’ve spent nearly $1000 on this game in right around a year. People want things quickly and some willing to spend a lot of cash to achieve that, but if you want a game like this to survive in the “I want it now” generation things need to be more not less accessible. The Mo-Ron (also who has Mo-Ron set as a swear smh) at CG making these decisions is alienating their player base. So decisions like this make me far less likely to purchase crystals to progress because I hate rewarding stupidity. I’ll continue to play, spending no money slowing my progression and eventually losing interest all together. That’s their fault not ours.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    As I said earlier in this thread, this decision goes against their previously stated intentions behind things like the Stupid Rules in Territory War. Those Stupid Rules were apparently introduced to encourage us to farm and use the lesser used factions. But not they've made it even harder to farm those lesser used factions in the first place.
    So on the one hand they tell us they want to encourage us to play more and experience more of the game. On the other they make it harder for us to do that.
    The only way these two contradictory approaches make any sense together is if you consider that they are coming from different places. I believe CG themselves want us to play and enjoy their game more but EA are ordering them to make it harder to do so without paying.
    Thus, the conclusion is that this move is a direct order from EA. Therefore no amount of upset or "official petitions" on the forum will make any difference. I don't think CG like this move any more than we do.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    tenor.gif
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Jenjhys yet you see people casually saying "I'll just buy the "x" character pack for $50 when the event drops"...

Same price as an entire brand new game, a tank of gas, a nice dinner out. Doesn't matter what they charge, once people are addi...."hooked"... They keep coming back for more.

But you can addi..."hooked" more people if price are lower...
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    @Sirlagzalott it's their modus operandi lately though: "SURPRISE! Stew on this all weekend and we'll show up to the office Monday and pretend nothing happened on Friday"
  • Radonis
    504 posts Member
    I do find it quite frustrating that they are going back to the 5 attempts on hard nodes as i always refreshed the node when it was 8 attempts why cause i felt i was getting my crystal work of a purchase to gain 8 more attempts. But going back to 5 i am not refreshing anymore cause its just not worth it anymore. So in turn they are losing money instead of making it its like this company has its head where the sun dont shine sometimes. I also bet they do before Star wars Week next week cause they will be double drops and they want to limit that as well. Happy customers tend to spend more and impulse buy than unhappy and sad customers. Its like CG and EA forget this fact of basic business.
  • MadScientist92
    82 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    @Sirlagzalott it's their modus operandi lately though: "SURPRISE! Stew on this all weekend and we'll show up to the office Monday and pretend nothing happened on Friday"

I doubt they'd (CG) react any differently if they announced on a Monday. Forums would erupt, no one from CG would respond, people will threaten to stop spending, complain that CG isn't listening, etc. I'm not sure why they even have this thread other than funneling complaints into one place for easy cleanup later on. It's not like they will change course.

Then a few weeks later people will go back to their usual habits.....
  • Ping
    7 posts Member
    Don't know who give them such confident we must play the game after they bully players so many times.
    As 3 years player I will quit & delete game forever when that "update" landing...
    Thanks Discord, I won't leave my friends . We will still have connect and play others that have more respect for players.
    Paywall is not problem , but if you build a wall without gate, that is stupid.
    Very pity a lot smart, funny F2P of my friends left.They are so deeply love the game at beginning, always can help our guild overcoming the difficulty: setup the strategy , managing guild, help members resolve problem in game. Don't Kill Them Anymore!!!
  • Your money hungry ****. We new players will never catch up.
  • C4L3B87
    52 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    yaklan42 wrote: »
    Y'all obviously don't remember that
    a) they told us that the change to 8 was temporary
    b) it used to be 3 attempts a day

I'm mostly curious if the refresh cost will stay at 25/50/100/100 or will go back to 50 and up

as far as we know the refresh cost is not changing.

@Kyno don’t be silly. If they are reverting back to the way it was then they are going back all the way. The 25/50/100 was said to be temporary too

• PeldorV
    45 posts Member

I doubt they'd (CG) react any differently if they announced on a Monday. Forums would erupt, no one from CG would respond, people will threaten to stop spending, complain that CG isn't listening, etc. I'm not sure why they even have this thread other than funneling complaints into one place for easy cleanup later on. It's not like they will change course.

Then a few weeks later people will go back to their usual habits.....

Some will but others really are leaving. This reminds me a lot of when WoW pulled flying — you can’t put a genie back in the bottle — and people said no one will really leave over flying as subs tanked. They really should reconsider this.

Especially with so many characters that most are just on one node and the new legendaries. Which adds another danger of people getting frustrated and quitting.

• Iamme
    15 posts Member
    Please listen to the player community, absolutely no one wants this to happen! This makes no sense, other than to try and make people use more crystals, which will be more than offset by the people who stop playing altogether because of their frustration.
  • 17 pages (on mobile) of players saying this is a horrible idea. CG, are you actively trying to get players to quit? Because this is a really good way to do it.
  • KomisHero
    32 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    If they go through with this 50% of the player base will dissappear, including me. If they leave it at 8 I can get JKR if I spend around 50$ which I am ready to do, but if they move it to 5 there is no way I'm spending 150$, which is how much I'd need. I'm positive there are many more examples like this, EA/CG don't do this otherwise your game is doomed.
    I was running some math and, if they don't release any new marquee toons I will need until june 2020 to get the following: Jolee,Zaalbar,Jango,Bossk,Wicket, Fost, Talzin, Veers, Range trooper, Sion, Nihilus, Dark bastila and Juhani. That is if I farm 3 at the same time with 8 refreshes. That is what, 15 characters in more than a year, which is already a lot of effort, but if they move it back to 5 it will be impossible. Remember, this is considering they dont put out any new GOOD characters.
  • Who are the 7 people who liked the original Post ?
This discussion has been closed.