Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    At least they aren’t changing the cost to refresh a node back to 50 crystals.

Shhh...that's next Friday's announcement.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • C4L3B87
    52 posts Member
    Who are the 7 people who liked the original Post ?

😂😂😂😂 so true!!! Must be trolls!
  • Chewy88
    237 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    CapnJack81 wrote: »
    I'm yet another who believed this to be a bad idea. Sure, ya said it was temporary, but mot our fault it was left in far longer and came to be expected.

Just another reason to start looking at some of the new games out there. Good job

They never said it was temporary, until this update.
    It's a lie

Here's the original announcement

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/180392/game-update-8-30-2018-mods-2-0#latest

Interesting spot

It was in the game update...

sbrubzf8s4d2.jpg

So why would you have that screen shot? CG plant perhaps??? Of just photoshopping pics for CG??
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    At least they aren’t changing the cost to refresh a node back to 50 crystals.

Shhh...that's next Friday's announcement.

Lol you’re probably right.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    He has that picture because players tend to have a short-term memory
  • Ultra wrote: »
    He has that picture because players tend to have a short-term memory

There’s always one.....🙄😴
  • Boofpoof
    333 posts Member
    The ever expanding list of one hard node characters remains yet now the attempts go from 8 to 5. At this point I'm just glad to have switched to an occasional P2P player to strictly F2P. I haven't spent a dime since Fall 2018 and with decisions like this 2019 is looking like a banter year for me in how much money I will save by not giving it to CG.

If you want to reduce the number of attempts so be it. Meanwhile for us veteran players the Cantina, GW store, and Arena stores continue to help in no way to farming characters other than contributing to the shard store. I am sick of the one hard node toons that take 4 plus months to farm. Reducing the attempts just means it's going to take longer. Bravo CG. Another reason for people to start looking elsewhere as you continue to make bone headed decisions like this.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Iamme
    15 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Iamme wrote: »
    Please listen to the player community, absolutely no one wants this to happen! This makes no sense, other than to try and make people use more crystals, which will be more than offset by the people who stop playing altogether because of their frustration.

I want this to happen

Can you perhaps elaborate as to why you want this to happen?, to make your farming slog even longer? There is no reasonable explanation to want this, but please enlighten us as why this is a good thing.
  • And so, with the emergence of Darth Revanue, the galaxy was heard to cry out as one.. and summarily ignored. I really need to get those bake sale signs printed. We could sell buns like Leia had in her hair. Han shot first pop overs, honey glazed Chewie rolls, it would really help game revenues.. Come on gang, lets put on a show!

The player base is complaining, IE a show. But antiCG rhetoric is being squashed on here.
  • Who are the 7 people who liked the original Post ?

LOL I know right. Must've all been CG employees.
  • Paranoid_Androind0
    48 posts Member
    edited April 2019

Me me! That was a full of an irony kind of like. I'm not a CG employee btw xD
  • Jayb
    10 posts Member
    So for those of us still Farming Jumangi and Carth with their horrible drop rate (2 per 16 sims)... this means we should 7 star these two by the 3rd Time Darth Revan is back... if you make this change then PLEASE increase the drop rates for these two... i am tires of grinding their shards... the vets were a faster farm 🤢🤮
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Just a reality check for those claiming whales are quitting the game because of this.

Whales don’t farm hard nodes.
  • They are stretching the game.
    I wonder if refresh cost will go back up?
    Remember there is also that new gear for Drevan that I’m sure will be needed for others.

Hard nodes back at 5 attempts.
    Need to farm normal nodes for 100 pieces of gear at a low level.
    Toons On single hard nodes.
    Getting toons to 7 take longer unless you pay.

This is the true road ahead. One forumer a few pages back said expect less toons being released. I actually think it will be the same or even more. Gone are the days of having a complete 7* roster. (For the majority)

Remember also as per the new fiscal year legendary and journey toons will most likely not be back ended as they were last year.

So you will need these newer toons more quickly than before.

Things are def lining up for a bunch of new factions and required toons for a new Tb.
    Look at the overall rosters of players and which toons are not 7* for the community. And remember people asking for complete factions. Tuskens and geos.

Forum. Hold onto your butts. A lot of toons and ships are coming to cantina, hard nodes, ship nodes, guild and get stores near you!
  • It’s not hard enough to farm for toons? Now EA is lowering the amount of times you can farm. Will the rate drop increase? Hmm doubtful. Are they going to add places t farm these toons ,that they are making necessary to have, by creating God like toons that you have to have to complete in the game? Hmmm doubtful. Will they allow you to spend some more money on refreshes so they can pad their pockets because they’ve done so poor? Highly likely. When will they learn the reason you’re doing so poorly, EA, is because of this type of stuff ? Stop ruining decent game by doing the exact opposite of what people want, for crying out loud
  • SCOED
    51 posts Member
    Please don't change it. I am F2P. In the last 6 months or so you added 5 I repeat 5 legendary/Journey events. That is 24 toons/ships many that can only be farmed in hard nodes. I could not keep up even with 8 free goes. I am further behind in unlocking all the legendary/journey toon/ships than I was this time last year. CG, please keep it at 8 if your going to dump the majority of new toons/ships on one of the three hard nodes. It is the only way F2P players can hope not to be left in the dust with your releasing most new toons in hard nodes or having them be legendary/journey types requiring multiple hard node toons to unlock. I know I can't keep up as is.
  • I assume they see this as a financial necessity because too many ftp got Darth Revan on the first try. Feels like we are getting punished for their mistake of releasing the last two old republic toons before they were ready to release Darth Revan. I was spending 50-75 crystals per day more than I used to because the refreshes at 8 attempts were a good deal. At 5 I'll just go back to farming long and wide again.
  • RufusDogbreath
    233 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Man, this is low. Again I say- no concerns whatsoever for newer players just able to farm for revan. And if the other players have him (I don’t yet), what’s the need to reduce the number of attempts? Is it simply to ward off new players? To make sure this game dies?

I am seriously getting to the point of actually disliking this game. I encourage everyone to revise your iTunes/google store reviews accordingly.

Bunch of **** running this clown show.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Wow! The overwhelming feeling I get from this, after dredging through the anger and frustration that immediately rise to the surface, is discouragement. This is very discouraging. It makes me want to play the game less. The time-suck that this game already is, is off the charts compared to any game I've ever stuck with over my decades of gaming. This change only makes the game a greater time-suck, while at the same time requiring more financial output to keep the same rate of growth. It's a bad move CG.

I recently had a good friend I recruited to the game quit because of the time commitment required in this game. With moves like this, it's definitely something to consider.
  • Zvezda
    56 posts Member
    The real problem is that the 8 sim was a quality of life update back than and it was never mentioned to be "just for a while". This is so wrong on many lvls 😤😤😤
  • We give CG a hard time for little reasons. But this move to drop back to 5 really sucks. Especially as there's so many hard node farms
  • GodlikeNay wrote: »
    I recently had a good friend I recruited to the game quit because of the time commitment required in this game. With moves like this, it's definitely something to consider.

This. But CG is too dumb/short-term greedy to care. I have tried to recruit players (dedicated SW fans) to this game as well, only to have them quit because of the time commitment and how far behind they are. CG’s answer, put new players even further behind. Make it even harder for them to catch up.

Obviously, the reason being, CG thinks people will just spread their wallet to play catch-up. Maybe a few will. But at this point, I doubt there are many people out there who haven’t found this game yet, who are also the type to whale-out on toons.

They’ve lost my minnow-esque $40 per quarterI, not that they care. I even got a refund from Apple on the last $10 I spent, on the GG re-work debacle.

It’s sad to see it come to this, but Disney/EA/CG don’t have the greatest business acumen when it comes to Star Wars- They’ve proven that time and again.
  • This is a terrible plan. Feels like an attempt to increase spending, while also causing players to quit. Thanks CG, i hate it.
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    This was fun while it lasted. Thank goodness I'm done with my BH ship farm 😂
    My NS farm is gonna suffer but hey! I've been playing since the 5 attempt per day days so I'll just have to grind longer I guess.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2019

3 more people like it :s
  • Zvezda
    56 posts Member
    LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    Zvezda wrote: »
    The real problem is that the 8 sim was a quality of life update back than and it was never mentioned to be "just for a while". This is so wrong on many lvls 😤😤😤

It was mention in an in-game update notification (see one of the posts above). The trouble is it was also mentioned in a forum update and in that post, there was no mention of it being temporary. Some are arguing that the in-game post supersedes the forum post but once again it boils down to poor communication with the community. Maybe if they had reiterated that this was only meant to last until those who were willing to drop everything else to get the Revans (and pay more money) then I would have farmed them too. Tough poopy-poo for me and many others I guess. We'll just be left behind to suffer.

This amateur PR and management is kinda repeating lately...
  • The ole “no, no, you were warned about this- remember that passing comment we made several months back? No? Well, it’s not our fault you didn’t catch it, even if you weren’t playing at the time” trick.
This discussion has been closed.