Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Chima wrote: »
    Man, the guy is saying that it takes TOO MUCH almost 6 months to complete a single thing is too much. And after 6 months will have a lot more "new things" to farm. If you have a lot of toons it doesn't matter to you, but to the new people play 6 months to have a single toon to add in a team is too much. I think you are Kyno's alt account, or someone from CG. Isn't possible you don't understand what the people are saying .
    First of all, stop. Do not dismiss people who disagree with you as some sort of monolith, or NPCs, or shills, or undercover employees, or alts. It is childish and ignorant.

Now, then.

There is so much wrong to unpack here.

You do not take six months to farm a single toon to add to a team from the standard table with 5 attempts per node per day.

1) "Single toon" is wrong. That phrasing implies that you are only getting one character, which would be accurate for the cantina table, where you rush one character at a time in sequence. But on the standard energy table, you're doing multiple parallel farms, that's six months to get 6-8 characters from zero to seven stars. Not a "single toon."

2) It is not 6 months to add a toon to a team. It is six months to get a unit to seven stars. You can use characters in teams well before that in most game modes. We've even have metas that prominently featured new units at low stars. Talzin, Zombie, Sion, and Bastila were all faring well in the arena as low as four stars.

3) While it is accurate to say that in 6 months there will be new content, the implications behind that statement are either irrelevant or false. The most direct reading of your post is that you're saying while you are farming one and only one toon from the standard table over six months, more than one toon will be added to the table. However, you are able to farm multiple toons from the table. Historically, toons are added to the table more slowly than the rate at which you can farm new toons. And most importantly, this is completely irrelevant to the change from 8 attempts to 5 attempts, because whether you're doing 5 attempts on 8 farms or 8 attempts on 5 farms, you're still getting about a dozen shards per day, which has historically been enough to outpace new content added to the standard table.

I am not an ****. I do not misunderstand what people are saying. I understand quite clearly, and I disagree.
    Still not a he.
  • Draeth
    33 posts Member
    Why? How is this necessary?

I've been playing for 10 months as of this week and I need 135 more ROLO shards and 250 more IPD shards to 7* them. Halving the drop rate means I won't be seeing a 7* IPD - literally - until 2025.

How does moving the goalposts of these old characters to make them even more unobtainable for new players benefit the game in any way? Is CG trying to make anyone who hasn't been here for 3+ years quit?
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    I agree. My guild has plenty of 7 star ROLOs at this point, but most only have 5 star IPD. Considering Galatic Bounty Hunters Events are the only other place to acquire those shards, this really hurts our guild.
  • Never seen anyone use them. Not once. Likely due to scarcity.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Reducing the rolo/ipd shards is yet another nerf to new players! Thanks CG!
  • Draeth wrote: »
    Why? How is this necessary?

I've been playing for 10 months as of this week and I need 135 more ROLO shards and 250 more IPD shards to 7* them. Halving the drop rate means I won't be seeing a 7* IPD - literally - until 2025.

How does moving the goalposts of these old characters to make them even more unobtainable for new players benefit the game in any way? Is CG trying to make anyone who hasn't been here for 3+ years quit?
    The reason they were originally doubled is that the frequency of TBs was halved. I'm guessing that we're going to get the option to choose which Territory Battle our guild participates in (probably along with a new territory battle), so the need to double the shard reward goes away, since you can focus on one TB until you finish the characters.
  • Lol yeah because everyone in a guild will be able to come to a consensus or need the same things...in the unlikely event that’s correct.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    I've used ROLO as a scrap Rebel leader in TW and had some wins with her, but IPD is amazing. It has saved my bacon in GA/TW too many times to count since it can take care of Nest/Sion something else in one hit.
  • Draeth
    33 posts Member
    The reason they were originally doubled is that the frequency of TBs was halved. I'm guessing that we're going to get the option to choose which Territory Battle our guild participates in (probably along with a new territory battle), so the need to double the shard reward goes away, since you can focus on one TB until you finish the characters.

That would just hurt new players even more, because no guild would ever do old TBs over newer ones with newer, more relevant characters that everyone needs.

New players are the lifeblood of old games. You cannot make a game unattractive to a new audience and expect to see population - and thereby revenue - growth. This is yet another change announced this week that's going in the wrong direction. Old content needs to become more obtainable so that people have some kind of hope of catching up, not less so that we're even further behind forever.
  • Sepir
    38 posts Member
    ROLO/IPD shards reduced from 2 to 1 "as Territory Battles will be more consistent and predictable with the update." - Day 3 was already predictable as platoons were already fixed. The only reason there should be a reduction is if there is an increase in frequency of the events.

Yes I have them both 7* so it is only shard currency for me, but (from memory) the reason for the increase to 2 shards was due to the drop in frequency when DS TB was added and started alternating. This would really hurt newer players trying to max out their TB participation.

Possible solution, which probably isn't a good one but I will throw it out there, add them into the GET store as well. Older players won't care as they only buy gear, newer players have a choice.
  • Someone needs fired already.
  • I just don't get the point of this particular change. Sure, ROLO and IPD are good characters, but neither are particularly meta. Why halve the drop rare after so much time? It's not goin to make them any significant amount of money, it just seems like a big middle finger to newer players and casual guilds that haven't maxed them yet.
  • @CG_SBCrumb do you hate the players of this game that much.. you are taking away the ability for new players to farm these 2 toons and taking away a huge amount of shard shop currency for vets to use on gear.

#stopthenerfs
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    They doubled the shards because LS / DS TB was suppose to occur twice a month each but then they reduced it to once a month. I'm guessing we are getting more frequent TBs to make up for the reduced shards

They are also trying to bench the two TBs we have (fixed platoons) and we'll see soon enough in the upcoming Road Ahead why
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Gorem wrote: »
    What's the general consensuses here?

It's that everyone thinks that it would be a good thing if they would get more stuff in less time and with less costs and effort while in reality it's the exact opposite.
    We were told that there won't be more Marquees coming the next time which means no new characters to gear and (in some months) to farm. So they need to stretch the existing stuff to buy some time or else people will finish their projects and won't have anything to do. Of course people don't like that due to obvious resaons but for the health of the game it's necessary, there's no bigger problem than bored people without something they can do to get better.
    I hope that this is what you meant with constructive criticism.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Kantouch wrote: »
    Reducing the rolo/ipd shards is yet another nerf to new players! Thanks CG!

Does anyone read anymore?

They’re reducing it because TB will become more frequent.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    After all the bad news, would be nice to have some good news... and gXIII is NOT a good news!

This month (and since Christmas) we saw:
    Hard nodes attempt 8 to 5
    Rolo and ipd shards 2 to 1
    Number of events reduced
    Number of credit heist reduced
    New gear with terrible drop rates

The only good news is the addition of gxii gear to light and dark side nodes. I just hope drop rate will not equal omega drop rates in cantina...

Common Give us something positive. Something new! A reason to gear those toons!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Draeth wrote: »

That would just hurt new players even more, because no guild would ever do old TBs over newer ones with newer, more relevant characters that everyone needs.

New players are the lifeblood of old games. You cannot make a game unattractive to a new audience and expect to see population - and thereby revenue - growth. This is yet another change announced this week that's going in the wrong direction. Old content needs to become more obtainable so that people have some kind of hope of catching up, not less so that we're even further behind forever.

I assume we could choose between Light Side or Dark Side, or in other words ROLO or IPD. Then they’ll add a prequels era TB in which we can do the same thing. It limits the amount of stuff going on all the time.

Also no one has to come to a consensus. It’s all up to officers to do what they think is best for the guild, just like raids. I think this is all a very good sign.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    They doubled the shards because LS / DS TB was suppose to occur twice a month each but then they reduced it to once a month. I'm guessing we are getting more frequent TBs to make up for the reduced shards

They are also trying to bench the two TBs we have (fixed platoons) and we'll see soon enough in the upcoming Road Ahead why

They never used the words "more frequent" in the update so why would you assume that... especially with the track record CG has.

We will also be reducing the Rebel Officer Leia Organa and Imperial Probe Droid Shards earned in Territory Battles from 2 to 1 as Territory Battles will be more consistent and predictable with the update. We recently announced that no more new marquee characters will be added to the map, alongside fixed platoon requirements that will not change between events. Read more about those changes here.

They have been running each once per month regularly unless they broke something... So are we to assume tbs can be more consistent than this??? Or are we to assume we will not have to worry about moved/cancelled tbs due to CGs lil "oopsies" with each release of content.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    R.I.P SWGOH
  • giphy.gif?****=790b76115cad5778365a51486fe76ea6
  • Monel wrote: »
    Raynia wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Raynia wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Temperory = any non-permanent amount of time, no matter how long or short.

By that definition the sun or even the universe is temporary. In this situation a reasonable person would say that 7-8 months of a 3 year game is not temporary, but that it has become the new standard. This is especially true for all the new players that started the game knowing only 8 attempts. It's CG's fault for leaving the timeframe open-ended, never stating an end period and not informing new players that it's only "temporary".

Yes. The sun and the universe are both temporary.

But, "new standard" or not, they literally told us it was a temporary change. Just because they left it for 8 months doesn't make it not temporary.

Did you miss the part where I said what about the new players that had no idea 8 wasn't the standard? A lie by omission is still a lie.

How is it a lie by omission? The updates and announcements are all still available to new players. They can go back and read them if they so choose. Or do you think every new player should get an in game pop up message when they first log in?

Actually, i had a post a few days ago (got merged into here and is now lost in the hate mob, which I am a proud member of) which showed that the update/announcement om the forum DID NOT refer to the chanfe from 5-8 as temporary.

New players don't get every old in-game push notification/announcement, so it not being available to see on the forum means new players could not see anywhere official that it was temporary (amd had no reason to think it would be, so no reason to ask guildmates and learn before now), and thus makes it a full lie of omission to the new players
  • Raynia wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    How is it a lie by omission? The updates and announcements are all still available to new players. They can go back and read them if they so choose. Or do you think every new player should get an in game pop up message when they first log in?

Where exactly can I find that the change from 5 to 8 is just temporary? Pretty sure that was just sent as an in-game notification. How is someone who started after that was sent supposed to see that information? The only announcement on the official forum stated that it was being changed from 5 to 8. It said nothing about it being temporary.

Pretty sure I was saying this exact stuff earlier in this thread (due to a merge, Admittedly... which i wish didnt happen since now there's no way anyone's gonna see it)

If post history is a thing here, you can go through mine to find the proof that the forum post doesnt mention temporary.

Before anyone thinks it, not accusing this guy of anything, simply glad i found a likeminded individual and am trying to direct them to proof without needing to fumble with the search function and trying to figure out, as an assumed new player, the date of the appropriate post, since he might end up looking at irrelevant posts trying to find the right one.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Lichbane wrote: »
    Never seen anyone use them. Not once. Likely due to scarcity.
    It's not due to scarcity.

They just aren't all that useful. ROLO because she's difficult to gear and hard to justify for the return compared to other characters, and IPD because it has no real home and tends to get displaced from teams for other units, so it generally ends up in a scrap Empire lineup or as a member of the homeless droids club, but is a solid unit.
    Still not a he.
  • Raynia wrote: »
    I think people should be showing appreciation for have the 8 Attempts for so long. Complaining about going to 5 makes us sounds like a bunch of ungrateful spoiled brats. When you have kids throwing a hissy fit when they don’t get their way you never cave to their demands... no matter how long they hold their breath.

CG is changing a fundamental aspect of the game - how efficient (in time and crystals) people can farm characters. People aren't throwing a hissy fit - they are customers letting a company know how they feel about the change.

Also, how were people that started in the past 6-7 months supposed to feel about this? 8 attempts is the standard for them and cutting it back to 5 is lying to them. Lying by omission is still a lie. And just because it was at 5 for a while and 3 before that, doesn't mean customers should be grateful that it's only being nerfed back to 5. Stop trying to spin this as if it's anything else but a greedy move by CG to nickel and dime their customers. This move will result in more current players quitting and fewer new players joining which will shorten this game's lifespan even faster.

You’re calling a false assumption a lie. New players falsely assuming that 8 attempts is forever is not the equivalent of a lie or a lie by omission. So let’s not falsely call people liars. That’s not an honest argument.

CG is making the move because obviously they think it’s whats best for the game and them making money. They’re number$$$$ are down by ten+ of millions this quarter.

They didn’t make as much off Revan as they should have largely due to hard node attempts (8) & probably Revan burnout. If this helps them make another $5M or so then good for them.

Lying by omission is when a person leaves out important information or fails to correct a pre-existing misconception in order to hide the truth from others. ... Lying by omission is not always intended to be harmful

Quick google search brough that stuff up. If you leave out key informatiom and thus create false assumptions or widespread misconcepetions, it is a lie of omission.

By not in forming newer players that 8 attempts was temporary, CG created the misconception (or as you put it, false assumption) that it was a permanent part of the game.

Do not insult new players for making am assumption that is only reasonable. By not giving us access to the information that it was temporary, CG encouraged/made us believe it was permanent.

There's a reason every business promotion or coupon has "limited time only" on it, its to prevent a lie of omissiom being against them in a lawsuit. This line of text can be said quickly and hard to hear, or on off-white small text on a white background, but the point is the information CAN be accessed by people looking for it, and is found on an official source. A guy standing outsid ethe restaurant, unpaid yelling that its "limited time" would not count as far as the law is concerned as he is not an official source, he's just a guy who could be paranoid or jut trolling. People looking for the temporary or permanent nature of the 5->8 COULD NOT find it through any official source. And they ha dno reason to suspect it would be anything other than permanent.

Even if they didnt intend omitting the info to be harmful, it still was, and they need to own up to that and at LEAST issue a formal apology to the new players
  • It’s ok drop rates are fine as is and all that Jazz... over the last 4 days 11 refreshes + normal energy has netted me.....

3... yes 3 mission shards it’s a heck of a system we’ve got here
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Kantouch wrote: »
    Reducing the rolo/ipd shards is yet another nerf to new players! Thanks CG!

Does anyone read anymore?

They’re reducing it because TB will become more frequent.

Lol go read the post one more time ;)
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    It’s ok drop rates are fine as is and all that Jazz... over the last 4 days 11 refreshes + normal energy has netted me.....

3... yes 3 mission shards it’s a heck of a system we’ve got here
    The drop rate is one in three.

That's random chance. Not a guarantee. There will be bad runs. There will be good runs. And that has nothing to do with the hard node cap change.
    Still not a he.
  • I was just sharing bad misfortune you don’t gotta be a solid donkey about it
  • GodlikeNay
    63 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    When I first started back in December 2015 the hard node farms were only 3 tries, unless you refreshed. It took me 6 months to farm toons like Lobot and FOTP to 7*

When they changed the tries to 8 they said it was only temporary. I used that time to make sure I farmed every hard node only toon to 7*. Many many times I refreshed the nodes multiple times to speed up the process.

At the moment I have 169/171 toons 7*. The only thing now I have to farm on hard nodes are a few ships.

I’m not mad or upset about this change cause I knew it was gonna be for a limited time. I’m not trying to defend EA/CG here but in all fairness they did keep the tries to 8 for longer than I thought they would.

I just made sure to focus on what I needed to finish cause nothing good on this game last for ever and it’s wise to get as much shards as possible when given the extra opportunities.

Yeah it sucks they are removing the 8 attempts/yes it also sucks that rng plays a role in the amount of shards we get...but it is what it is sadly. I’m just glad I finished al my hard node only toons before the change goes back to the way it was.

IF there is anything positive...be glad it’s gonna go to 5 nodes and not 3 like all us beginner players had to do. 6 months to get a toon 7* wasn’t a walk in the park.

Holy crap, I can hardly believe you're weighing in on this. Don't take me wrong, you have just as much of a right to an opinion as anyone else... however, you are basically proving the point of the community - the only people that don't seem to care about the change are those that have everyone already farmed and those that are at the top of their shards. Of course you don't care about the change, it actually benefits you while penalizing those competing against you that don't yet have the toons you do.

You do realize this game is already slanted intentionally by design to help those who are ahead to stay ahead right? In every mode of competition, those at the top get better rewards than those below them, which enables them to farm and gear more units faster and gain even more ground over those under them. This is great for the few at the top, but the masses are always playing catchup. The 8 attempts per HN was a legitimate way to try and close the gap over those ahead of you by focusing on the right meta toons. Maybe that's the problem... maybe CG recognized the peasant folk were able start making something of themselves and wanted to put an end to that and make it nearly impossible again to gain ground on people.

Whatever your reasoning CG, shame on you. Making the game even harder for new and developing players and even easier for top tier players is the WRONG move. It is literally the opposite of what you should do.
This discussion has been closed.