5429 posts Member
    B0baf3tt wrote: »
    5 is still better than 3

That doesn't mean it's good...
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    So:
    1. The 8 to 5 hard node attempt change just zero'd out my 2 attempts I had remaining on Badstilla, Range, Vandor & Carth & Young Lando too!
    2. You released the update before the Guild hard node energy activity end, affecting UTC 0200utc AND 0100utc players, costing us all Guild Coin!

So some crystal compensation for this should happen (~25 crystals x 5 for me to refresh those nodes). The update should have happened after 4:30 pm PT (or perhaps Hawaii's local 4:30pm time)

Thanks.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Oh, and they don't care what you or any of their players thinks.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Yeah. It's a bummer and a half.
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    @Kyno

Can you post a bug report for me at Answers HQ as every time I try to submit the the button goes greyed out and nothing happens.

Bug Title:
    8 to 5 hardnode chng 0'd out my remaining attempts,cost me Guild Coin &Crystals

Bug text:
    So:
    1. The 8 to 5 hard node attempt change just zero'd out my 2 attempts I had remaining on Badstilla, Range, Vandor & Carth & Young Lando!
    2. You released the update before the Guild hard node energy activity end, affecting UTC 0200utc AND 0100utc players, costing us all Guild Coin!

So some crystal compensation for this should happen (~25 crystals x 5 for me to refresh those nodes & a bit of Guild coin). The update should also have happened after 4:30 pm PT (or perhaps Hawaii's local 4:30pm time)

Thanks.

Bug Reproduce:
    Have used some of your battles on hard nodes before the change and see what is left after the change!

Plus you made the updated for this change at 3:15pm PT... 1:15hr before the hard node guild activity end time!

Ally code:
    PM me for mine, or use your own?

Thanks.
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    Looks like they don't care about what the people think. It's time to close the wallets people. It's the only language they will understand.
  • Nerfing nodes b4 4 large toon events, really classy move...
    Bought crystals when i needed some for Chimaera, but after this move wont spend a dime.

They r lucky that gaming is only bussiness where u dont need to care what your customers think at all most of the time and totally ignore them, mmorpg-s took a massive hit because of that policies, other gaming companies have shares droping a lot too, we shall see how long mobile gaming can keep this up.
  • PeldorV
    45 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    beli631 wrote: »
    Nerfing nodes b4 4 large toon events, really classy move...
    Bought crystals when i needed some for Chimaera, but after this move wont spend a dime.

They r lucky that gaming is only bussiness where u dont need to care what your customers think at all most of the time and totally ignore them, mmorpg-s took a massive hit because of that policies, other gaming companies have shares droping a lot too, we shall see how long mobile gaming can keep this up.

I’m also not spending. Not out of vengeance but because their recent moves seem like such an obvious cash grab that I’m nervous about the long term viability of this investment.
  • beli631
    31 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    PeldorV wrote: »

I’m also not spending. Not out of vengeance but because their recent moves seem like such an obvious cash grab that I’m nervous about the long term viability of this investment.

Shoudn't be about revenge at all, but droping tons of character events in a really short time and then nerfing hard nodes is really a slap in the face of all customers.
    They could have done this in 2-3 weeks (if they really must) and face lot less backlash.
  • beli631 wrote: »
    PeldorV wrote: »

Shoudn't be about revenge at all, but droping tons of character events in a really short time and then nerfing hard nodes is really a slap in the face of all customers.
    They could have done this in 2-3 weeks (if they really must) and face lot less backlash.

While simultaneously removing credit heists.
  • EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Knock it off with the sarcasm please, keep it polite and on topic.

I was warned for my response to this which I suppose is fair and I accept that, but I think your response to the thread treating the paying customers of this game poorly should be apologized for as well. Take some responsibility for your own actions as will I.
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    Anrath wrote: »

Go to this bug report and make your wishes known that you want some compensation for the mess up of the 8 to 5 change roll-out today.
    Should have affected alot of people.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/8-to-5-hardnode-chng-0-d-out-my-remaining-attempts-cost-me-Guild/m-p/7788855#M25289
  • Completely uncalled for Nerf to drop rates. Farming first order storm trooper I'm used to seeing 1 out of 3 attempts drop a shard, if lucky 1 out of 2. now that the attempts on hard nodes have been reduced to 5... Who knows why...
    I got 1 shard in 25 attempts! 10 of those attempts I bought the refresh with crystals.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    No.
  • Wookye
    30 posts Member
    Absolutely. It is sooooo easy to go 0/5. It was almost impossible to go 0/8.
  • Wookye
    30 posts Member
    Of all the recent "let's screw over our longtime players" moves this one is probably the one that brings me closest to quitting. I'm only just now starting to farm BH ships because of a need to do other things. Just what I want, to take a year or more to farm these worthless things just to get ****, which I'm sure will be useless by the time I can unlock it.
  • Wookye
    30 posts Member
    Sorry, didn't realize it wasn't appropriate to abbreviate MILLENNIUM FALCON with the letters EM EFF.
  • Drop rates are still (and always) the same, about 33%. Both your complaints are anecdotal. I’ve gone 0/8 many times and also have gone 0/24 (3 refreshes) many times. It’s just a bad day of RNG.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Every time, and I mean every time there's an update or a change to node sims there's a post of this nature: "stealth nerf! Rage quit! Loud noises!"

No nerf to rates ever. Bad luck only, it all averages out.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Yeah it's not hard enough getting shards without nodes now being capped at 5! Now I have to Shell out rising crystal costs for every reboot past 5! Why though, am I not surprised.
    e6c2d6nzwdvf.jpg
  • Brian9229 wrote: »
    Yeah it's not hard enough getting shards without nodes now being capped at 5! Now I have to Shell out rising crystal costs for every reboot past 5! Why though, am I not surprised.

...there was always rising crystal costs in the node refreshes...
  • It’s not a nerf though. It was stated when 8 drops were introduced it would only be temporary. That temporary change lasted quite a long time to our benefit. Wait until refresh costs go back up.
  • This ship sailed yesterday. They don’t care about negative posts or petitions, only about spending habits.

If you think the change back to 5 is harming your UX, do not spend as much as you were when it was 8.

If their trending shows a decline in revenue post change that can be linked directly to the nerf, 8 attempts has a better chance of returning.
  • Is it just me, or does returning to 5 hard node attempts a day, increasing the time it would take me to get Malak to like a year, (I don't have DR or JKR, but have been farming towards them FTP for a month) nerf the excitement of this whole update?

I will say, I like the idea they have of giving shards in guild events arena after you earn Malak at 5*, but the paywall on this is enormous now. Getting characters officially takes too long. Possible, but fun sapping.
  • I'm going to go out on a bit of a limb here (but not that much of a supposition, come to think of it) and say that this hard node nerf and the blatant Malak cash grab has a lot to do with Anthem. EA had obviously banked on micro-transaction milking aplenty with the latest Bioware flop, and now with that six year ship rapidly sinking, the EA cash ferrets have been unleashed, squeezing more from their top milkers in an attempt to appease their shareholder overlords.

Just a theory.
  • Toon farming will certainly slow; but it would push me to develop existing squads better - which is probs good for me. I'm too distracted by shiny new toons
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    0/5 for Jolee today
    0/5 for Zaalbar today
    1/5 for Bastila today.

Could refresh and try again but I know that's what CG wanted so it just feels terrible playing into their hands.
  • You know, it's not only that. The 25 crystal refreshes I normally did, kinda seem expensive now. 5 crystals per extra attempts... I'll certainly refresh less than before, when it was a "good deal".
This discussion has been closed.