Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• For a game that is already beyond mind numbing when it comes to farming this is terrible news.

If you think this game's shard drop rate is bad, that one has it beat by a long shot....
  • I have to second the feedback people give - going back to 5 attempts does feel a set-back, unless it comes with another way to compensate for this (higher drop rates for example)
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Why do i get the feeling this is just to force people to use more cyrstals on refresh and obviously buy them. $$$
  • I’ve been close to deleting game for months, when this comes out, it won’t be a difficult decision anymore. Thanks for helping me quit CG! Not going to waste my time anymore.
  • The problem with that logic is that they will lose many players’ interests because they’re not getting things done quickly enough. The plankton dies off > the fish die off > the whales die off.
    KKatarn wrote: »
    Why do i get the feeling this is just to force people to use more cyrstals on refresh and obviously buy them. $$$

• Funny. Literally 3 hours ago I sat down and did some math to figure out if I finally spent some money on this game, maybe I could do 2 major factions in parallel for a change and get JTR and Revan together in 4 months time instead of just one via FTP and always lagging behind.

My conclusion was It was not going to be an unreasonable amount and I would move ahead with purchasing crystals and doing the requisite refreshes every day.. Maybe even some packs eventually as we got close. Make me happy with what I get and give something back to the devs.

And now I see this.. and that math is all different.. and I don't see how the cost could possibly be lower... So maybe its back to FTP.. phew, good job. Saved me some money!!

I really don't see how this really benefits anyone....

• At least they haven’t rolled it back to 3. They’ll pull that one with the next legendary farm.
  • Rhydia
    104 posts Member
    8 attempts per day is all I’ve ever known. Moving it “back” to 5 you say? Well how about you move my money “back” to my bank account? Forgive me for being a newer player and not being up to speed as to the goings on of the last few years. But I just took it on faith that this was the way it’s always been. And now you’re reducing it? That’s a poor business decision. You guys are getting way too caught up in the money you’re making. And instead of actually doing some real work to make more, you’re resorting to stealing kids lunch money on the school yard. From this day on, I will be F2P. It’s obvious that no amount of money I spend to make up for 3 lost years on a really good game is ever going help me catch up if the developers are willing to resort to thuglike tactics such as this. Today, CG lost a customer in me.
  • Epeescott
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Thanks - I guess everyone but me has acquired Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan, I understand you don't want to keep this change around for just me.

Seriously, sarcasm aside - I'm sure you have statistics on how many players there are vs. how many have both characters.....I think it would be safe to say that the majority DO NOT HAVE both characters yet.

Once again, your change serves no useful function (well, except if you're cash flow oriented instead of player oriented).

BOO!!!!!!!!

Edit to add: Having been tracking drop rates for the characters required for Darth Revan, I have to say what the hell is up with Carth? Everyone else is averaging around 32%, Carth is 15%.....
  • Funny. Literally 3 hours ago I sat down and did some math to figure out if I finally spent some money on this game, maybe I could do 2 major factions in parallel for a change and get JTR and Revan together in 4 months time instead of just one via FTP and always lagging behind.

My conclusion was It was not going to be an unreasonable amount and I would move ahead with purchasing crystals and doing the requisite refreshes every day.. Maybe even some packs eventually as we got close. Make me happy with what I get and give something back to the devs.

And now I see this.. and that math is all different.. and I don't see how the cost could possibly be lower... So maybe its back to FTP.. phew, good job. Saved me some money!!

I really don't see how this really benefits anyone....

It benefits whales who dont need to farm toons , slows everyone else down, its pretty pathetic
  • Ugh. I’m end game and don’t have anything to farm other than whatever is newly released and still feel like this is just so slimy. I can’t even imagine the feeling of hopelessness for those who still have endless characters they really need in order to help their Guilds in T(****), TW and/or themselves in GA.

I’d never claim that all these disgusting decisions they keep endlessly making (and announcing on Fridays (near the height of their disgusting, cowardly behavior)), would lessen my interest in this game because of how it would affect me personally in my gameplay, but what it does to the community, their feelings about CG (nothing new, but always declining) and the overall tone of the community really make my disturbingly large monetary investment in this game feel as disgusting as their practices any more. I got Darth Revan and just don’t feel even remotely excited like I’ve been for any past Meta shifts. Feels like it’s all turning to kitty.

I’d really like to think that it’s all EA interference and pressure from higher up... CG, blink 3 times if you’re under duress and can’t speak freely...
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    So this was increased for darth revan? After one run of the event it gets changed back? Really slitting the throats of free to play. Thanks @CG_SBCrumb
  • Keep spending your money and they will keep doing what they are doing. If you want to hit them where it hurts keep your wallets and credit cards away from the game. Dont ****, moan and groan on the forum hoping for change. Then turn around and spend more money. I know your doing it. Greedy companies dont give a rip about feedback they care for your money plain and simple. Comments on a forum which they can so easily ignore wont do jack squat. PS. Ignore comment if you enjoy spending and what they do never bothers you.
  • That's my first comment ever here on the forums since I started playing 2 years ago. But never before I felt so slapped in the face from EA/CG.
    I think that's the most **** move you can do, CG. The drop rate and the grind is worse enough.
    The community welcomed it highly as you increased the max sims and there was no sign or intention to decrease it again for over 6 months. And now you claim it was all because of JKR and DR, are you kidding us? What's next, do you double the refresh cost again? Do you really think reducing the Crystal costs for mod salvage (for god's sake!) will compensate for this? That's ridiculous!
  • BobaPhatty wrote: »
    Ugh. I’m end game and don’t have anything to farm other than whatever is newly released and still feel like this is just so slimy. I can’t even imagine the feeling of hopelessness for those who still have endless characters they really need in order to help their Guilds in T(****), TW and/or themselves in GA.

I’d never claim that all these disgusting decisions they keep endlessly making (and announcing on Fridays (near the height of their disgusting, cowardly behavior)), would lessen my interest in this game because of how it would affect me personally in my gameplay, but what it does to the community, their feelings about CG (nothing new, but always declining) and the overall tone of the community really make my disturbingly large monetary investment in this game feel as disgusting as their practices any more. I got Darth Revan and just don’t feel even remotely excited like I’ve been for any past Meta shifts. Feels like it’s all turning to kitty.

I’d really like to think that it’s all EA interference and pressure from higher up... CG, blink 3 times if you’re under duress and can’t speak freely...

Totally agree with this...this doesn't really affect me at all but it hurts a number of my guild mates.
  • No where in the mods 2.0 patch notes did you say this was temporary. =\ Please rethink this. Also don't announce this **** on Friday.
  • Farming Nest was hard enough, I can’t imagine only being able to farm her node with only 5 attempts per day.
  • Since the other thread was so helpfully deleted:

Hey CG. These hard node farms are terrible enough at 8 sims. I've been getting 0/8 and 1/8 sims on Badstilla for like a week straight now. Going back to 5 per node will be unbearable.
  • biteXsized wrote: »
    That's my first comment ever here on the forums since I started playing 2 years ago. But never before I felt so slapped in the face from EA/CG.
    I think that's the most **** move you can do, CG. The drop rate and the grind is worse enough.
    The community welcomed it highly as you increased the max sims and there was no sign or intention to decrease it again for over 6 months. And now you claim it was all because of JKR and DR, are you kidding us? What's next, do you double the refresh cost again? Do you really think reducing the Crystal costs for mod salvage (for god's sake!) will compensate for this? That's ridiculous!

Especially since its still more expensive than farming it lol
  • OR_TNB
    81 posts Member
    Bad move
  • Wow CG you are really going out of your way to drive people away from this game. Whoever you have running things and calling the shots right now needs to go.

My jaw is dropped from the stupidity I'm wintessing and the lack of listening to the player base.

You have one job, make the customers happy and you are really screwing the pooch.
  • Not a fan
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    So this was increased for darth revan? After one run of the event it gets changed back? Really slitting the throats of free to play. Thanks @CG_SBCrumb

It was changed 7 months ago....the whole "we increased this for Jedi Revan and Darth Revan" claim seems a little shaky. It's been this way for the better part of a year....changing it back now just seems greedy.
  • C.G.
    Don't do that !!
    Don't go backwards.
    Bring us more contents and more playability.

This decision is slowing down new players.

Please listen the community !!
  • Welp. There goes my easy 7star Bastila.
    "Ezra plus Sabine equals a one shot." -A Really Smart Guy
  • Only ways I'd accept the reduction is a guarantee that at the same time they reduce the times that you can farm, you increase the shard drop rate to 50%, or you earn double shards when the shards do drop at the current drop rate of 33.3%, or when you spend Crystal's to refresh the node you get 10 attempts instead of 5 attempts. Else this is one of the worst things ever done.
  • Soz58
    108 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Bad communication, no new events on the Horizon, make it even harder to farm... great stuff... Are we ever going to get a new Raid or some new activity that isn’t a knock off of Territory Wars...
  • Awful move CG, awful move
This discussion has been closed.