Tobias Beckett Kit Idea

DaPowerfulJedi
3185 posts Member
edited April 2019
o0dthybi1qo9.png
Tobias Beckett
Light Side, Support, Scoundrel, Smuggler, Leader

RSKF-44 Heavy Blaster Basic: Deal physical damage to target enemy and grant a random ally 20% turn meter, doubled if they had Prepared.

Exploit Special 1: Beckett dispels all debuffs from all smuggler allies and recovers 2% health and protection for each debuff he dispelled. Beckett gains tenacity up and potency up for 2 turns, with a 50% chance to also grant these buffs to each other ally. Then Beckett gains 60% turn meter. (Cooldown 4)

Stick to the Plan Special 2: Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict stun and marked on them for 2 turns. When these debuffs expire, all Prepared allies gain 50% turn meter. Also deal true damage (ignores defense but can’t critically hit) an additional time for each Prepared ally. Prepared: This attack can’t be evaded and the target can’t gain buffs for the rest of the encounter. Then, Beckett is no longer Prepared. (Cooldown 6)

Assume Everyone Will Betray You Leader: All scoundrel allies gain 30% defense and offense. Whenever any unit counter attacks, all Scoundrel allies gain 5% offense and critical chance (stacking) until the end of the encounter. During their turn, Prepared allies inflict critical chance down and critical damage down for 2 turns if they’ve been damaged by their target. ZETA: Prepared allies recover 15% protection whenever they inflict critical chance down or critical damage down. Smuggler allies inflict stagger for 2 turns on enemies that fall below full health during their turn. This effect can’t be resisted.

Professional Thief Unique: Smuggler allies gain 20% health steal and critical avoidance while Beckett is active. When a debuff expires on Beckett, he reduces his cooldowns by 1 and gains 10% turn meter for each active smuggler ally. Beckett gains Prepared whenever a debuff on an ally expires.
Post edited by DaPowerfulJedi on

Replies

• Nice. However, I feel like (because of the name) his leader should have something to do with counter.
  • DarthKoon wrote: »
    Nice. However, I feel like (because of the name) his leader should have something to do with counter.

“When a scoundrel ally counter attacks or is counter attacked, they gain 5% offense (stacking) for the rest of the encounter.” Something like that?
    Nice. However, I feel like (because of the name) his leader should have something to do with counter.

“When a scoundrel ally counter attacks or is counter attacked, they gain 5% offense (stacking) for the rest of the encounter.” Something like that?

That would only really affect YHan and Zaalbar. You should probably add some type of counter chance to it.

Stick to the Plan is pretty OP. He potentially gets it every other turn when facing debuff heavy teams and his ability to apply permanent buff immunity is insanely overpowered. This is in addition to the stun and mark he inflicts, which is already powerful and cannot be evaded.

If it had a higher cooldown (a la HK-47) it could work, but his use of Exploit against debuff heavy teams means he gets Stick to the Plan every other turn consistently and that is insane.

That would only really affect YHan and Zaalbar. You should probably add some type of counter chance to it.
    L3 and Vandor Chewbacca also have counter chance. Plus the rest of the team without counter chance will get the bonus if they get counter attacked by an enemy.
    Stick to the Plan is pretty OP. He potentially gets it every other turn when facing debuff heavy teams and his ability to apply permanent buff immunity is insanely overpowered. This is in addition to the stun and mark he inflicts, which is already powerful and cannot be evaded.

If it had a higher cooldown (a la HK-47) it could work, but his use of Exploit against debuff heavy teams means he gets Stick to the Plan every other turn consistently and that is insane.
    I’ll increase the cooldown to 6 turns.

L3 and Vandor Chewbacca also have counter chance. Plus the rest of the team without counter chance will get the bonus if they get counter attacked by an enemy.

I’ll increase the cooldown to 6 turns.

That's a good point, I like the idea of that then. "Whenever any character counters, all Scoundrel allies gain 5% offense/crit chance/crit dmg/etc"

And nice on the cooldown increase. Seems good.