Grand Arena player matching .

Player GP should be based on your top 50 characters .it makes it 100% fair and equal . People whom play the game play the whole game and require a broad range of characters , make the G A fair ; base the the matchmaking on the top 50 characters .

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Since we can use our full rosters...
  • Options
    DarthMarr wrote: »
    Lol, how would be that fair?
    You spread your resources all over your toons, vs someone who used resources only on necessary toons.
    You lost the battle at recourse management, and you deserve it.

Sandbagging isnt resource management.
  • Options
    It's a simple GP match based on your whole roster. That's all it is; that's as complicated as it will ever be. They have decided to keep it as simple as possible, and this is it. Be happy they conceded to ignore Fleet GP when there is no Fleet component.
    I pointed out the problem with their matching algorithm long ago during TW Beta. Devs even replied saying there was more to it than just GP matching ... but I don't believe it. It's pretty obvious that they just went with the simple solution. Really can't blame them too much, though. Anything more complicated would be likely to have more problems.
    The best TW/GA strategy is a lean roster. Don't gear a character unless you go all the way. And of course stay at the front of the META. Which means g12 every new character just to be sure. So just whale everything.
    Cheers.
  • Options
    Your comments are constructive TY .
  • Options
    I don’t have Darth revan or Jedi revan or traya and all the guys in my GA do how is that fair. I get slaughtered every time. I set up bad rosters and good roster it not fun. I’m competitive but if I don’t have a counter for there toons. what’s the point
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options

It can be. I can look at my arena shard right now and tell the status of people's "sandbagging" or "hoarding" by looking at their Malak. If he has no zetas, I can tell they didn't hoard extra zetas. If he is still 5*, I can tell they didn't hoard GET. If they have Darth Revan but not Malak, I can tell they didn't hoard enough gear/zetas to complete the event.

By "sandbagging" a bunch of gear and zetas, certain players were then able to obtain a resource that other players couldn't. So...that's a great example of how "sandbagging" IS "resource management."
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

It can be. I can look at my arena shard right now and tell the status of people's "sandbagging" or "hoarding" by looking at their Malak. If he has no zetas, I can tell they didn't hoard extra zetas. If he is still 5*, I can tell they didn't hoard GET. If they have Darth Revan but not Malak, I can tell they didn't hoard enough gear/zetas to complete the event.

By "sandbagging" a bunch of gear and zetas, certain players were then able to obtain a resource that other players couldn't. So...that's a great example of how "sandbagging" IS "resource management."

Sandbagging is different than Hoarding.

Hoarding is fine and perfectly acceptable. You keep a stock of usable resources available for for when a new thing comes out.

Sandbagging is when you hoard past the point of usefulness and you're just refusing to use the excessive resources on characters.

For example: I have more Purple Ability materials than I can ever use. I can take every remaining ability to 7 if I want to and still have some left over. Hoarding more isn't necessary. But I refuse to upgrade any abilities because of the effect on GA matchmaking. I'm not hoarding ability mats to save for a new release, I'm sandbagging.
  • Options
    I love the responses to this that are essentially "doesn't matter if the matchup is broken as long as it benefits me". After all, who wants a challenge when the game is broken in their favor??
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    JTwizle80 wrote: »
    I don’t have Darth revan or Jedi revan or traya and all the guys in my GA do how is that fair. I get slaughtered every time. I set up bad rosters and good roster it not fun. I’m competitive but if I don’t have a counter for there toons. what’s the point

Because at this point, if all other opponents at your GP level have them, you can only have an excuse for not having DR. Lack of JKR and Traya is just laziness or not caring. You had over a year to at least unlock Traya (lots of players have her at 7*) and JKR was an easy F2P unlock the second time. Unless you have a relatively new account.
    But since I'm at 3.8m GP and never faced as many DRs, Trayas and JKRs as you claim to be facing, I'm just going to assume that's not the case.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    JTwizle80 wrote: »

Since you are competitive, you could go back to your preparation room, trim your roster and farm those key characters. You will improve your performance as time goes by, if you keep moving towards your goal. Work on improving your roster (characters, teams, gear, zetas, mods ... everything). Work on improving your strategy. Work on improving your execution of your strategy. There's plenty to work on when competing.
  • Options
    It's just trash to consistently get placed in GA against opponents who sometimes have twice as many G12 characters plus DR, JKR, Traya, and now Malek. It's broken and they don't care.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    DarthMarr wrote: »
    Lol, how would be that fair?
    You spread your resources all over your toons, vs someone who used resources only on necessary toons.
    You lost the battle at recourse management, and you deserve it.

What you say is true.

Except losing all 3 matches BEFORE they are even played kind of defeats the purpose of having the entire game mode...it's why people don't set defense because it's dumb.

Again everything you said is true..the people who invest in toons and teams for GA should be rewarded but if the matchmaking is so stupid that the winner is decided before ANY of the matches are played then it's not a game mode it's just a weekly rewards for the top people..... At that point just end GA mode and give out the rewards....why play...

Our current bracket

6 people with 20 - 40 G12 no DR revans or malaks then only guy with like 65 G12 DR Malak EVERYONE....

What's the point IT'S OVER BEFORE you played. Sure we can all fight for 2-4 but who cares at that point then whoever has to fight the guy is an autoloss..

Winners need to go to a winner bracket for next GA...Losers need to go into the losers bracket for the next GA and you do that for 3 GA's...give the losers a chance to win one....and the winners get the pride and accomplishment of actually beating someone with a roster.