Rancor simming is oppressive.

Prev134
Rancor simming is oppressive to those who want to manually do it. Most guilds work democratically and democracy is a very oppressive system. The rewards are better for the lower half of the guild, equal for the top 20-10 and worse for the top 10. This means that it's a 30/20 balance at best, I would argue it's more like 30-40/20-10. There is no way if you put it on a vote that the majority is ever going to win this, especially when every rancor it used to be 10-15 people raiding and everyone else getting a 0.

I am struggling to convice my guild to keep it manual and yes this is my personal problem, but everywhere I look on guild recruitment, most top GP guilds seem to be simming it. What's the other option, start my own guild? It's possible, but then again who wants to do that, I've been in people's guilds for 3 years now all of a sudden I gotta make my own?

This feature punishes all those who showed up on time for the past year and a half and rewards those who haven't showed up in that long. Considering how easy it is to solo the rancor in less than 10 minutes and on auto, all you have to do is show up. And if you aren't willing to show up, fine, then don't complain about where you place.

I would totally support simming the raid if the guild currency and gear was top 3 instead of top 20. Yet the devs very conveniently boosted the amount of Han shards to make it more appealing to alot of guilds.

This is a case that is an example of how democracy can be oppressive to a group of individuals who go the extra mile to earn more and that's not example that this game should promote.

Replies

• You may need to create your own guild specifically catering to rancor enthusiasts.
  • You may need to create your own guild specifically catering to rancor enthusiasts.

It's not about the enthusiasm, I'd pick sim any day if the rewards were more reflective of the top than the middle. The thing that I'm pointing out is that the devs have put a lot of players in a very difficult position with this feature
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    You're a selfish player who only cares about your own personal growth and reward rather than what benefits everyone as a whole. That's fine, everyone has different motivations / play styles but its not easy for everyone to show up within 5 minutes to press auto. There is a reason Grand Arena has a 24 hour join period, TW, TB, Arena, all have 24 hour join periods rather than 5 minutes.

A lot of people have responsibilities such as a job, family, etc. that makes it difficult to join a time that considers the most players

If you have an issue accepting that and raid simming and democracy, then just make your own guild with manual raid and run it with autocracy
  • Ultra wrote: »
    You're a selfish player who only cares about your own personal growth and reward rather than what benefits everyone as a whole. That's fine, everyone has different motivations / play styles but its not easy for everyone to show up within 5 minutes to press auto. There is a reason Grand Arena has a 24 hour join period, TW, TB, Arena, all have 24 hour join periods rather than 5 minutes.

A lot of people have responsibilities such as a job, family, etc. that makes it difficult to join a time that considers the most players

If you have an issue accepting that and raid simming and democracy, then just make your own guild with manual raid and run it with autocracy

Stop accusing me of things, you know nothing about me. Is there a new standard that we must abide by? Are suddenly supposed to accept receiving less rewards? No guild throws random raids at random times, each guild has a schedule and they launch raids at specific times that have been agreed upon previously, many guilds will even rotate those times to ensure that more people get their shot. I had to use alarms before to get in rancor at work, open the app, get in, press auto and do it. If you can't do at least that then why do you deserve more than another person who does that?

Don't start with selfishness and selflessness because that's an argument that can lead to all sorts of places. Nobody should have to like getting their payouts reduced in order to have someone else's slightly increased.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    You lost me at “democracy is a very oppressive system”
  • Ultra did not accuse you of anything that was not an obvious conclusion from the "problem" you are complaining about.
    No matter how you perceive it, being part of a guild is inseparable from teamplay. Being able to score high in hSTR and expecting better rewards is one thing, but soloing rancor is just one button tap more than getting in you daily 600 to start raids.

Nobody tells you how to play, you can continue doing Rancor manually in a guild that is up for that. What you can't do is to enforce your will on the majority of a guild that voted in favor of simming. That raid is trivial by now and it's completely understandable that more people choose to sim it, when probably everybody in a 30m+ GP guild can solo it anyway. That 5 minute window is a real issue. You made a commitment to set an alarm before work. Yet others might already be in the middle of a business meeting by then, or driving to take kids to school, whatever. You see why it's not that simple.

Just a word of warning, though. If you do find yourself a guild of people that do Rancor manually (for other reasons than not having 35 Han Solo-s), you might experience that being able to solo that raid will not even guarantee top 30 rewards. And then simming will start to make sense.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Don't start with selfishness and selflessness...

Is this like... a real person? There’s no way a real person thinks like this 😂
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »

I don't know about a real person, but it's a real troll for sure.

• Huatimus wrote: »

I don't know about a real person, but it's a real troll for sure.

Ok Mr Undercover Dev
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Your guild receives better rewards total when simming, while also saving time.
  • Lio wrote: »

Do I really need to educate you on democracy vs republic son?
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Your guild receives better rewards total when simming, while also saving time.

Coincidentally it happens that those who are active on soloing raids are the same people who carry others in TW and TB, the same people who pulled the weight of others when the guild was struggling to get HSTR done. Some people just care and others don't care as much, hard to see the ones who care get less and those who care less receive more
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    Maybe others aren't strong enough to contribute much? Maybe these others don't have the suitable squads geared up enough? The world isn't all black-and-white mate.
    And guilds were made to help EVERYONE get stronger and that includes the weaker members.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Are you offended by the simming system too?
  • khelzac wrote: »
    Maybe others aren't strong enough to contribute much? Maybe these others don't have the suitable squads geared up enough? The world isn't all black-and-white mate.
    And guilds were made to help EVERYONE get stronger and that includes the weaker members.

Well I can't do anything about people's focuses and I don't blame them either, I'm just saying they should go through what everyone does if they are interested in the top tier rewards.

I'll give you an example, my imperial troopers are very strong, for a while now me and a few others are completing the IPD mission and some of us sometimes even beat the tier 6 special mission which is insanely hard. I've tracked the progress on those missions for a while now and I have seen very little progress by other members. I don't blame them, the past year has been rough with all the panic farms so that's understandable. However few other and I are contributing every time while others don't. I never said a word to those people cause I don't want to pressure them, but if they really cared about their account's progress they could show up and solo the rancor instead of posting 0s. Yeah not everything is black and white
  • No_Try wrote: »

I don't understand what you're trying to say honestly
  • Ultra did not accuse you of anything that was not an obvious conclusion from the "problem" you are complaining about.
    No matter how you perceive it, being part of a guild is inseparable from teamplay. Being able to score high in hSTR and expecting better rewards is one thing, but soloing rancor is just one button tap more than getting in you daily 600 to start raids.

Nobody tells you how to play, you can continue doing Rancor manually in a guild that is up for that. What you can't do is to enforce your will on the majority of a guild that voted in favor of simming. That raid is trivial by now and it's completely understandable that more people choose to sim it, when probably everybody in a 30m+ GP guild can solo it anyway. That 5 minute window is a real issue. You made a commitment to set an alarm before work. Yet others might already be in the middle of a business meeting by then, or driving to take kids to school, whatever. You see why it's not that simple.

Just a word of warning, though. If you do find yourself a guild of people that do Rancor manually (for other reasons than not having 35 Han Solo-s), you might experience that being able to solo that raid will not even guarantee top 30 rewards. And then simming will start to make sense.

Simming is actually throttling guilds overall. If people don't show up for a 5 minute auto raid they are probably not the types who will show up in TW or TB when their guilds need them. Most guilds have some players who contribute more overall, cutting them off the top 3/10 rewards is actually hurting the guild in guild events more, than giving the 30s and the 40s a bit more. Because the 30s and the 40s aren't the ones who will carry the guild in a hard TW
  • icanectc wrote: »

🤦🏻‍♂️. He's talking about true democracies rather than what you are probably thinking a republic democracy. In a purely democratic society the majority rules in all cases. Thus subjecting the minority to potentially cataclysmic laws or persecution through majority will. A republic democracy "think the United States" has a constitution that limits democratic powers so the minority has a voice. I hope you educate yourself on the differences.

Spot on, thanks for doing that so I didn't have to
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

I just wanted to know if you are one of the oppresed snowflakes that's offended by -things- (basically everything).
  • Considering how easy it is to solo the rancor in less than 10 minutes and on auto, all you have to do is show up. And if you aren't willing to show up, fine, then don't complain about where you place.

You make is sound like showing up is easy. With only a 10 min window most people aren't gonna be able to reliably show up since they have lives outside of the game.

I just wanted to know if you are one of the oppresed snowflakes that's offended by -things- (basically everything).

Not even remotely, but I have seen your type and alot in the recent years I'm not a fan either
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Not even remotely, but I have seen your type and alot in the recent years I'm not a fan either

Ah cool, then the feeling goes bothways. I'm just amused by your topic. Thanks for being capable of thinking the most obnoxious thing to get oppresed by. One would think oppresion points to something else entirely. But now we know better.
    Rancor simming is oppressive to those who want to manually do it. Most guilds work democratically and democracy is a very oppressive system. The rewards are better for the lower half of the guild, equal for the top 20-10 and worse for the top 10. This means that it's a 30/20 balance at best, I would argue it's more like 30-40/20-10. There is no way if you put it on a vote that the majority is ever going to win this, especially when every rancor it used to be 10-15 people raiding and everyone else getting a 0.

I am struggling to convice my guild to keep it manual and yes this is my personal problem, but everywhere I look on guild recruitment, most top GP guilds seem to be simming it. What's the other option, start my own guild? It's possible, but then again who wants to do that, I've been in people's guilds for 3 years now all of a sudden I gotta make my own?

This feature punishes all those who showed up on time for the past year and a half and rewards those who haven't showed up in that long. Considering how easy it is to solo the rancor in less than 10 minutes and on auto, all you have to do is show up. And if you aren't willing to show up, fine, then don't complain about where you place.

I would totally support simming the raid if the guild currency and gear was top 3 instead of top 20. Yet the devs very conveniently boosted the amount of Han shards to make it more appealing to alot of guilds.

This is a case that is an example of how democracy can be oppressive to a group of individuals who go the extra mile to earn more and that's not example that this game should promote.

Coming from a tier 1 guild in this game i can say i am 100% in favor of simming vs not simming. For the simple fact that if 50 people auto it then the game in a rng fashion decides who goes where for placement everytime. So many players could be 40-50 placement for weeks and lose out on top rewards anyway.

Simming gives everyone middle of the road loot boxes and with certainly more content to come, im cool with it. If you happen to be in a guild where only a handful of players auto it then i could see it being a problem. But overall i think middle rewards is good enough for all players in the guild. And so far we've all had pretty decent rewards drop from simming it.

Let me start by saying that theoretically yes it's possible that all 50 members will do it but realistically it doesn't happen, if it does then do what you wish. Now back to the real world, let's say your guild is extreme, 40 people solo each and every rancor. That puts your average rank at 20 which mean simming doesn't do too much in your case. Considering most guilds don't have more than 30 players soloing I would say that the average rank is around 15 for those who solo, which is better than simming. Then we get to guilds where 20 solo and the average rank drops to 10. Even if that's the case, you're still bound by the bottom 30 0s who democratically elect not to do it manually.

Ah cool, then the feeling goes bothways. I'm just amused by your topic. Thanks for being capable of thinking the most obnoxious thing to get oppresed by. One would think oppresion points to something else entirely. But now we know better.

This isn't a political forum, everything must be taken within the context of the game

I love how everyone is a "snowflake" learn to be a leader not a follower. The guy defended himself by being called selfish. Anyone would reasonably defend themselves when someone uses name calling and belittling tones rather than providing a legitimate retort to his predicament and thoughts. Great job feeding negative and unhelpful comments!

This guy gets me
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

This isn't a political forum, everything must be taken within the context of the game

Then I would argue it's not possible to opress in a game. Hint: GAME