Borrow a hero ... how is this possible?

I sim everything so I haven't borrowed a hero in a long time but something puzzled me today when I did. The following characters were available to me:

Chief Nebit: 3*, Gear XII
Kit Fisto: 2*, Gear XII
Clone Wars Chewbacca: 3*, Gear XII
Teebo: 2*, Gear XII

How is this possible? I'm not sure about the lower gear levels but I know that gear XII has a 7* requirement.

Replies

• I sim everything so I haven't borrowed a hero in a long time but something puzzled me today when I did. The following characters were available to me:

How is this possible? I'm not sure about the lower gear levels but I know that gear XII has a 7* requirement.

They're computer generated. They're only from "players" that you're not allies with.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    The game autopopulates some generic allies so you can try different characters. You’ll also find brand new release characters sometimes. All above board, no worries!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    I sim everything so I haven't borrowed a hero in a long time but something puzzled me today when I did. The following characters were available to me:

Gear X doesnt have any star requirement, as I had zombie g10 and 2 stars for a long time (long live to paper zombie in arena)
  • From what i saw, the borrow characters gear level is equal to the lowest gear level of one of your teams. I may be wrong, but try putting in 4 G12 characters and a G1 character and the borrow a hero will be g1
  • I just think they are random. Kind of off topic, but does someone know how people see friend requests you send?
  • Iceninja wrote: »
    I just think they are random. Kind of off topic, but does someone know how people see friend requests you send?

It pops up in your in box if memory serves
  • No longer a relevant q for me as I'm recently done with cantina and DS battles, but if you pick a BH hero and have a BH lead, whose contract applies?
  • NicWester wrote: »
    The game autopopulates some generic allies so you can try different characters. You’ll also find brand new release characters sometimes. All above board, no worries!

It’s been more than a year since I used the borrow a character function, but I seem to remember having the option to invite the person I used as a friend. Would that mean that the character I use isn’t on their roster?
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    No longer a relevant q for me as I'm recently done with cantina and DS battles, but if you pick a BH hero and have a BH lead, whose contract applies?

Which ever one gets filled first.
  • NasRegal
    142 posts Member
    No longer a relevant q for me as I'm recently done with cantina and DS battles, but if you pick a BH hero and have a BH lead, whose contract applies?

It's your leader.
    The times I've messed about with borrowed BH in a BH squad, only my toon leadership applies, the borrowed one doesn't get the option.
  • No longer a relevant q for me as I'm recently done with cantina and DS battles, but if you pick a BH hero and have a BH lead, whose contract applies?

This clause in ability descriptions that says "When X is in the leader slot, and not in the Ally slot, ........" was introduced at the same time a contracts were for this very reason. It's now spread to a few other characters too like the Revan pair.