GA Needs Better Matchmaking

Nihion
3340 posts Member
Honestly, it’s upsetting. Currently matched against someone with 200k GP more than me and completely different roster distribution.

Replies

• Droideka
    615 posts Member
    All of your opponents should have the same squad GP as you. They may have a different distribution with ships, but the ships aren’t being counted.
  • Gannon
    1629 posts Member
    That's not always the case tho, my last GA half of my opponents had over 200k higher character gp also. It was very rough, especially since higher total gp players generally have way more zetas and mods also.. I barely squeaked by.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Droideka wrote: »
    All of your opponents should have the same squad GP as you. They may have a different distribution with ships, but the ships aren’t being counted.

I went back and checked, and yes, they have the same character GP as me. But I still never had a chance. It took them one battle to defeat all of my squads, and I can’t even beat one of their teams. Here’s why:
    - They have 19 more G12 characters than I do
    - They have 6 more zetas than I do
    - They also have 6 more full rows of level 1 characters than I do, and I have all but 8 characters in the game, with all of them being at least 3*, and most being above that

So let’s assess: Did I build my roster “incorrectly”? Yes. Does that harm me in GA? Yes. Should I be matched with people who also screwed up? I think that makes sense, instead of being miserable at GA because a lot of my GP is packed into semi-developed characters that are easily beat.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

I went back and checked, and yes, they have the same character GP as me. But I still never had a chance. It took them one battle to defeat all of my squads, and I can’t even beat one of their teams. Here’s why:
    - They also have 6 more full rows of level 1 characters than I do, and I have all but 8 characters in the game, with all of them being at least 3*, and most being above that

So let’s assess: Did I build my roster “incorrectly”? Yes. Does that harm me in GA? Yes. Should I be matched with people who also screwed up? I think that makes sense, instead of being miserable at GA because a lot of my GP is packed into semi-developed characters that are easily beat.
    Well, if you would only get matched with other people who screwed up, then you wouldn’t really be screwing up because it would not negatively impact you.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Your character power will be the same , it only accounts for total power when it’s both fleet and characters required. It even says that in game.
    Are you going to complain if you get matched against someone who’s decided to spread their power over to every marquee they were given ?
    What about the guys who have like 30 level 85s with zero gear on them.

That’s how winners and losers are decided , buy how they’ve invested their galactic power. Show us your roster , but it sounds like you’re just bloated , or chasing the wrong characters , or aren’t breaking the stun gun barrier. But the developers have fixed the character power miss matches
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Well, if you would only get matched with other people who screwed up, then you wouldn’t really be screwing up because it would not negatively impact you.

Exactly, then nobody screwed up, and we could all live happily. It’s just that currently, I either win against people who don’t try, or I lose. There’s never a close match, it’s all just decided by who cares or not.
  • Nihion wrote: »

Exactly, then nobody screwed up, and we could all live happily. It’s just that currently, I either win against people who don’t try, or I lose. There’s never a close match, it’s all just decided by who cares or not.

I’d like to be in that situation since i’m always in a waiting game scenario, which isnt fun.
  • Most recent opponent we matched by toon & ship GP, buuuut ...
    he has both Revan & prerequisite toons, and 20 more G12
    He’s also in front with HMF so he 1-shot my best fleet & my 3 attacks barely scratch his.
    A new meta like HMF seriously changes game dynamics; ignoring the quality of GP in matchups says devs don’t care much about getting competitive GA.
    On the other side of the coin, a guild member bemoaned the lack of competition when he’s not attacked once in three consecutive bouts - an easy win is still no fun.
    Give us competition, not walkovers