The dark side of shard chats

Yeah,for a long time now i've been a fan of shard chats,but that only because mine was 'younger' and didn't have many people actively ''competitive''.

Now that i've joined my shard chat (pvp arena) and not the ship shard chat i can safely say,it's not all green and roses,and the sheer toxicity and elitism emanating from these chats astounded me,and guildmates aswell.

Basically what happens in my shard and some of my guildmates,is just pure sheer elitism and it really sucks,when you have a good team,one of the best teams out there in terms of mods,and you consistently get blocked by enemies just because 'they don't know you and they 'don't want strangers'.

When in top 10 half of the revan teams are utter trashcans with 250 speed most of the day it makes you wonder...why did we work out so hard on our mods to get to 306+ speed only to get constantly blocked by enemies,because attacking is much more easier than defending,even a 'bad' speed revan can kill an good revan,yeah,it's harder,but it can happen,also you don't need to use an mirror team,they can just switch to a DR team or something that counters revan on attack,the goal is to stop you from climbing *at all* .

After weeks of getting top 1 and ruining their rotations(for good reason when i saw the sheer arrogance on some of these guys) they finally invited me and my guild leader(we are in different shards,but same story applies ) to our shard chat.

As we see their discord we see huge walls of texts argumenting as to why they shouldn't allow us to join,firstly because we don't have 4.0 Million GP (elitism at it's finest,like you are already in the end game why do you are still greedy with the crystals,you've consistently gotten top 1 for the last 2 years and now somebody comes and challanges you and you get angry?) and a lot of stupid rules like in that specific payout zone I(the dude that's older in the payout') will ALWAYS get top 1,you can rotate top 2 with the other guy,and I quote '' I don't care''.

My guild leader shared this with me and my story was quite similar,shard chats at it's finest,and so,he decided to not give in to the arrogance and either they accept that he is better and they let him the well deserved top 1 or he will snipe them all and to be honest it's very funny but it was the right choice.

Now ask yourself,is this the kind of toxic,elitist and ignorant shard chat you want to be part of?

Because this is what happens in most older shard chats.

But ofcourse,this only impacts older ones,and young shardchats mostly will have nothing as such.

I doubt anything will come out of this,as CG shows no interest in stopping these awfull toxic practices(not like they could...) and the players (most of the players) seems to enjoy shard chats.