How to keep old players interested and new players coming

I have been playing this game for over 2 years now and I've come to the realization that, despite spending couple hundred dollars, I will most likely never catch up with my "Toons to do list".
It made me realize that I would absolutely hate starting the game anew today. The grind, while normal has become tedious and absolutely ridiculous when the energy is spent on older toons with terrible drop rate.
So I slowly see people taking longer and longer break... This game is at a stage where new player influx can't compensate for older one getting bored, fed up and leaving.
So what can be done?

Well (maybe this has been proposed before),

-First , I think the game need to raise the drop rate of toons that have been released more than 10-12 months. That drop rate need to be at least 50%, so that people don't feel frustrated farming toons for D teams that take way too long. Let's be honest the gearing and modding and synergy make the toon great not just the stars next to its name.

- Secondly, I would go as far as to say that new player should have a 1-2 week incentive of 100% drop rate on "old" toons and then 75% drop rate for those for up to 1 or maybe even 2 month.
As it is now the curb to climb is way too steep for anyone wanting to join.

In my opinion (again I'm not talking for everyone here), those new players would feel like they can somewhat catch up with older players, and older players would be able to enjoy being able to farm toons that have been at the bottom of their list for quite some time.

Replies

• Kurrgan
    100 posts Member
    Agreed with this or something like it. I'm fine with the 5 sims for newer characters but have you considered leaving the ones more than one year old at 8 sims and over 2 years unlimited or something along those lines? If I lost my account there is no way I would ever start over. It has gotten much better with some events like rebel round up that give your shards for obscure characters but since it is random, it still isn't great. I can't imagine how hard it is trying to find the right balance to keep revenue up but there has to be a middle ground where new players can still get some important chars. Some great ones that are now over a year old include Nihilus, Talzin and Sion. Coming soon will be Bossk and Nest. PS - move the vets to GW store or a BH contract event 3 or something to help. They are way too painful for new players to have to farm anymore. Rey is over a year now too so she should be less painful to acquire.