Barriss Offee changes

Replies

• Breetai wrote: »
    Well my team was built around offence.

And to clarify I've only been using barress for last 3 days. I used lumi, and jc as my 2 healers before then, and had an entirely different team.

4* ima gun, 7* fisto, 5* aayla, 6* lumi, 7* jc

Then the nerf shouldnt bother you at all. You guys got massive value out of her mid game where she completely **** on other healers. End game you guys might be absolutely right, but if people are saying she's horrible end game stop crying and get over it, you weren't even going to use her anyways right?
  • Breetai wrote: »
    ewok wrote: »
    Breetai wrote: »
    Barress was not op. I'm one that had her and didn't even use her until recently. The only reason I use her is for her leader ability. Lumi, and jc I used because they bring more punch.

I had to switch due to Leia massive dmg out put with her crit bug. It was first time I didn't finish 1st in my bracket. So now I have to use her for the health buff. It's only way to beat the person Leia with qgj leader. If not for this person, I still wouldn't be useing her.

With that said. If you had issues because if barress before, then your issue wasn't barress at all. It was the fact you had crap dmg., or no idea how to focus a target down. But instead of noticing you own falts, you wanted to blame a character. If you could not kill 1 character in the 5 turns it took her to recharge, then you had issues and always will have issues, but you just can't see youre the problem not the character.

As far as people getting refunds. Who cares? It's there money not yours. It doesn't hurt or help you in any way now does it? And no I didn't buy the pack, I got her in a 4 pack pull so I will not be asking for a refund. But grats to everyone that gets there money back.

As far as the nerf goes. Maybe it's because all my characters in my PvP team are 7* except for barress, but she still heals pretty good for me, no not as much as she did when I first started useing her, but still heals pretty well

blah blah blah, all i read is that you're **** about how badly barriss, you bring up that if you had issues with barress, then your issue wans't with barriss at all. If that's the case and she wasn't clearly the best healer why do 99% of the top teams run her lmfao. Out of all the healers barress clearly was the most annoying to deal with, but since you're all **** she got nerfed you want to criticize other people's strats when you have no clue what you're talking about. I guess barriss was so horrible and that it didnt cause anyone issues so the top players decided to use barriss to troll and for fun because she looked cool LOL.

Why do people getting refunds bother me? They already got major value out of barriss, also nerfs/buffs/changes are part of the game if you cant deal with it dont play. Simple as that. Also how is the refund going to work? Barriss is still a decent healer regardless of people crying, do they lose their barriss and get compensated? That would be complete ****, I would have paid for Barriss too, and got my money back once I used her value.

Did you even read my post? In case you missed it

1. I didn't even use her when she was thought as op, but everybody else in my bracket did and guess what, I still won.
    2. You say I don't know what I'm talking about, yet I've been placing 1st in my bracket everyday except for 2 days where I was forced to adapt and use barress for her leader health buff, not her heal.
    3. My team. 4* barress, 7* sid, 7* fisto, 7* qgj, 7* jc. And barress only gets one sometimes two heals off the whole match.
    4. I'm not **** about barress at all, but I can see where this is going and that is what bothers me. I see when ever a character becomes strong people are going to be yelling nerf, nerf, nerf. Take dooku for example. People still yell nerf him and he isn't even that good to be honest. I stopped using him in the 40's due to him dieing in 3 hits.

Exactly. ^She was good, but she wasn't the best. The nerf made it so she is more of a hindrance to a team instead of a positive force. With the way she works now using her ability makes it so everyone but the person who was originally low on health loses a significant amount of health. And that's when only one person is damaged. If two or three people are damaged using her ability makes it so an aoe crit can take out your entire team at the higher levels. Especially with Darth Maul. And her being annoying to deal with doesn't make her unbalanced.

Lando, Sidious, Old Ben, Vader, and the Jedi Consular can all be incredibly annoying in their current states if they are placed with the right team. However this does not make them unbalanced. If you want everything that annoys you in the game to be nerfed or to go away the game will cease to exist.

Every game has certain annoying things in it. Diablo 3 for example which is one of the most popular RPGs in a very long time has many things that annoy people, but they are necessary for the game to be challenging after you've reached the higher levels.

The people who are incredibly irate due to people paying to access characters are hurting the game as a whole. The game is going down a path of appeasing the requests of those who are the most vocal with their complaints. Not those who have the most valid points. The devs need to take a page out of Valve's book and look at raw stats instead of player opinion. The primary reason why games that rely on raw statistics stay so balanced is due to the fact that they don't provide as much power to the people who simply whine the most, they change things based off of what actually happens in game.
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Barress was not op. I'm one that had her and didn't even use her until recently. The only reason I use her is for her leader ability. Lumi, and jc I used because they bring more punch.

I had to switch due to Leia massive dmg out put with her crit bug. It was first time I didn't finish 1st in my bracket. So now I have to use her for the health buff. It's only way to beat the person Leia with qgj leader. If not for this person, I still wouldn't be useing her.

With that said. If you had issues because if barress before, then your issue wasn't barress at all. It was the fact you had crap dmg., or no idea how to focus a target down. But instead of noticing you own falts, you wanted to blame a character. If you could not kill 1 character in the 5 turns it took her to recharge, then you had issues and always will have issues, but you just can't see youre the problem not the character.

As far as people getting refunds. Who cares? It's there money not yours. It doesn't hurt or help you in any way now does it? And no I didn't buy the pack, I got her in a 4 pack pull so I will not be asking for a refund. But grats to everyone that gets there money back.

As far as the nerf goes. Maybe it's because all my characters in my PvP team are 7* except for barress, but she still heals pretty good for me, no not as much as she did when I first started useing her, but still heals pretty well

blah blah blah, all i read is that you're **** about how badly barriss, you bring up that if you had issues with barress, then your issue wans't with barriss at all. If that's the case and she wasn't clearly the best healer why do 99% of the top teams run her lmfao. Out of all the healers barress clearly was the most annoying to deal with, but since you're all **** she got nerfed you want to criticize other people's strats when you have no clue what you're talking about. I guess barriss was so horrible and that it didnt cause anyone issues so the top players decided to use barriss to troll and for fun because she looked cool LOL.

Why do people getting refunds bother me? They already got major value out of barriss, also nerfs/buffs/changes are part of the game if you cant deal with it dont play. Simple as that. Also how is the refund going to work? Barriss is still a decent healer regardless of people crying, do they lose their barriss and get compensated? That would be complete ****, I would have paid for Barriss too, and got my money back once I used her value.

Did you even read my post? In case you missed it

1. I didn't even use her when she was thought as op, but everybody else in my bracket did and guess what, I still won.
    2. You say I don't know what I'm talking about, yet I've been placing 1st in my bracket everyday except for 2 days where I was forced to adapt and use barress for her leader health buff, not her heal.
    3. My team. 4* barress, 7* sid, 7* fisto, 7* qgj, 7* jc. And barress only gets one sometimes two heals off the whole match.
    4. I'm not **** about barress at all, but I can see where this is going and that is what bothers me. I see when ever a character becomes strong people are going to be yelling nerf, nerf, nerf. Take dooku for example. People still yell nerf him and he isn't even that good to be honest. I stopped using him in the 40's due to him dieing in 3 hits.

Exactly. ^She was good, but she wasn't the best. The nerf made it so she is more of a hindrance to a team instead of a positive force. With the way she works now using her ability makes it so everyone but the person who was originally low on health loses a significant amount of health. And that's when only one person is damaged. If two or three people are damaged using her ability makes it so an aoe crit can take out your entire team at the higher levels. Especially with Darth Maul. And her being annoying to deal with doesn't make her unbalanced.

Lando, Sidious, Old Ben, Vader, and the Jedi Consular can all be incredibly annoying in their current states if they are placed with the right team. However this does not make them unbalanced. If you want everything that annoys you in the game to be nerfed or to go away the game will cease to exist.

Every game has certain annoying things in it. Diablo 3 for example which is one of the most popular RPGs in a very long time has many things that annoy people, but they are necessary for the game to be challenging after you've reached the higher levels.

The people who are incredibly irate due to people paying to access characters are hurting the game as a whole. The game is going down a path of appeasing the requests of those who are the most vocal with their complaints. Not those who have the most valid points. The devs need to take a page out of Valve's book and look at raw stats instead of player opinion. The primary reason why games that rely on raw statistics stay so balanced is due to the fact that they don't provide as much power to the people who simply whine the most, they change things based off of what actually happens in game.

You just gotta love how all these people have barris are talking about how she wasnt the best, well why are you crying then? Get over it. Just use Consular, everyone has access to him, and you say that he's just as annoying right LOL. No big deal.

Oh and btw I NEVER COMPLAINED ONCE about Barriss being op before the nerf. She was by FAR the most annoying healer to deal with but I dealt with it, now that she's nerfed you need to deal with it too instead of crying like a little baby. Apparently she's not the best so you can replace her easily.
  • I think you missed my whole point from my first post, but not going I to it much as I'm going to bed.

Barress is only the beginning. With this happening I see characters always being nerfed because of people not knowing how to deal with them.

Also I hope EVERYONE gets there money back. Because it doesn't effect me if they do.
  • ZoloRunningstrider
    142 posts Member
    edited December 2015

And to clarify I've only been using barress for last 3 days. I used lumi, and jc as my 2 healers before then, and had an entirely different team.

Then the nerf shouldnt bother you at all. You guys got massive value out of her mid game where she completely **** on other healers. End game you guys might be absolutely right, but if people are saying she's horrible end game stop crying and get over it, you weren't even going to use her anyways right?

I think the rush to nerf her is what is making people nervous. To some, it feels like this change was made to please the vocal minority hear on the forums. IF that is the case and IF the change was made in an attempt to please people's complaints, that makes me feels uneasy about the future of the game. That's what I'm worried about at least.
  • ewok wrote: »

I think the rush to nerf her is what is making people nervous. To some, it feels like this change was made to please the vocal minority hear on the forums. IF that is the case and IF the change was made in an attempt to please people's complaints, that makes me feels uneasy about the future of the game. That's what I'm worried about at least.

Sorry, don't buy it at all. I guarantee to the people who aren't complaining about the nerf it just looks like a bunch of dudes who spent hundreds of dollars getting **** because their advantage with Barriss is smaller.
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I think you missed my whole point from my first post, but not going I to it much as I'm going to bed.

Barress is only the beginning. With this happening I see characters always being nerfed because of people not knowing how to deal with them.

Also I hope EVERYONE gets there money back. Because it doesn't effect me if they do.

Not buying it. Like I said, it just seems like it's a bunch of dudes salty becuase they spent hundreds of dollars to gain an advantage because they dont have the strategy to win without paying to win. Now that a big investment that they made is taken away they're having a hissy fit. I never complained once about Barriss being OP, I dealt with it, no you guys should deal with it too, and stop trying to play it off like Barriss being SPECIFICALLY nerfed isn't why you're having a hissy fit. Why aren't you complaining about the resistance troopers/pilots getting nerfed?
  • Seriously how are they going to remove Bariss from all those accounts without removing all the progress and rewards they got because of the bariss OP edge which allowed them better rewards and placements in PvP, GW ect. EA and Capitol Games have every right to balance the game as they see fit, we should all know this. If EA/CG decide to give refunds and allow those who bought it to "KEEP" Bariss then EVERYONE will have a cry and request to get their money back and still have a freebie Bariss which is unfair on everyone else especially on EA and developers. Everyone who bought Bariss will exploit the refund and free Bariss + other characters.They have made such a brilliant and amazing Star Wars game for once and character balances is part of it to make it even and fair. Bariss Nerf and any other character nerf/balance/buff is soley up to the developers discretion and I think EA should not refund. If they do refund the purchase, they should delete the account as that Bariss would have significantly contributed to that players level progression, equipment, rewards, character unlocks ect. You guys have a brilliant game EA/Capitol Games!
    seriously devs? GW refresh change was a low blow for more $$$
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    edited December 2015

This pretty much hits it on the head.

Oh and ewok. He said you don't know what server I'm on. Heck I don't even know what server I'm on. Wished they would give server names
  • SlyBeats wrote: »
    Seriously how are they going to remove Bariss from all those accounts without removing all the progress and rewards they got because of the bariss OP edge which allowed them better rewards and placements in PvP, GW ect. EA and Capitol Games have every right to balance the game as they see fit, we should all know this. If EA/CG decide to give refunds and allow those who bought it to "KEEP" Bariss then EVERYONE will have a cry and request to get their money back and still have a freebie Bariss which is unfair on everyone else especially on EA and developers. Everyone who bought Bariss will exploit the refund and free Bariss + other characters.They have made such a brilliant and amazing Star Wars game for once and character balances is part of it to make it even and fair. Bariss Nerf and any other character nerf/balance/buff is soley up to the developers discretion and I think EA should not refund. If they do refund the purchase, they should delete the account as that Bariss would have significantly contributed to that players level progression, equipment, rewards, character unlocks ect. You guys have a brilliant game EA/Capitol Games!

100% subscribe to all of this.

Yes! When people get whatever they want when they complain then the game becomes even more unbalanced. Eventually if nerfs like these keep happening the only toons who are going to be useful are going to be the ones that the most vocal players use. The other toons will all be nerfed. And if they're going to charge a monumental fee for a character only to over nerf him/her then the game will die faster due to people either demanding refunds or refusing to buy anything else. While I do agree that Barriss needed a nerf, she did not need to be nerfed as heavily as she was. I for one really enjoy this game, but if they continue to nerf based off of the complaints on the forums like they have with Barriss then whatever toon is complained about the most each month will be nerfed into the ground. If you don't pay thousands of dollars every month for crystals you can't setup a team in less than a month that can handle the highest ranks. So the people who aren't incredibly rich will suffer more than the people who are. Free to play players may not see this yet, but eventually the people complaining about the balance of toons on the forums without realizing that they shouldn't be able to counter every toon with every toon will ruin the game for the people who don't pay massive amounts of money to win.
  • As someone said before, problem only lies in thing that EA advertised and sold Porche for 60$ and they delivered Skoda. If they were selling Skoda people wouldnt buy it.

People that spend money on this back and crystals to level her are funding this game. Keep morality and fairness out of this, this is ea bussiness model and its their decision to give advantage to ones that pay premium for advertised packs.
  • SlyWalker wrote: »
    actually i find op's post more rational than all the Barris crybabies i see....asking for a refund here and there. Nerfs and Buffs are part and parcel of games...just like WoW last time. Are you gona ask a refund for 6 months subscription just because they nerf your class? Just wait around and see if there will be any update on Barris the next few days.
    With enough time and communication? No.

2 weeks after purchase with no communication about what changes were being made is very odd.

We are not employed game testers.

A good company would communicate with their customers about changes like this and reconcile any reasonable dissatisfaction.

People think EA were listening to their customers which is why they made changes to a product they were selling only days before, if they were they would have also heard the many players saying there was no need for the changes, and also those outraged they might modify something they paid for so quickly.

This will occur anytime good sales are made for a strong Hero whether OP or not.

Progression is so slow with the game economy, whenever you flood the Arena with a turbo charged Hero that is not useless and sits outside of the Freemium meta it will affect the experience of everyone playing, and those without access to the product (for whatever reason) will feel it, and some of those will come here to voice it.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot

Yes! When people get whatever they want when they complain then the game becomes even more unbalanced. Eventually if nerfs like these keep happening the only toons who are going to be useful are going to be the ones that the most vocal players use. The other toons will all be nerfed. And if they're going to charge a monumental fee for a character only to over nerf him/her then the game will die faster due to people either demanding refunds or refusing to buy anything else. While I do agree that Barriss needed a nerf, she did not need to be nerfed as heavily as she was. I for one really enjoy this game, but if they continue to nerf based off of the complaints on the forums like they have with Barriss then whatever toon is complained about the most each month will be nerfed into the ground. If you don't pay thousands of dollars every month for crystals you can't setup a team in less than a month that can handle the highest ranks. So the people who aren't incredibly rich will suffer more than the people who are. Free to play players may not see this yet, but eventually the people complaining about the balance of toons on the forums without realizing that they shouldn't be able to counter every toon with every toon will ruin the game for the people who don't pay massive amounts of money to win.

How do you know they nerfed it due to complaints? I didn't see that many complaints, I actually saw threads of many Barriss users talking about how she wasnt op LOL. How do you know that the games devs didnt nerf her because they thought themselves that she was OP, just like they thought resistance trooper/pilots damage was op too? Why aren't you complaining about those nerfs?
  • Vedd wrote: »
    As someone said before, problem only lies in thing that EA advertised and sold Porche for 60$ and they delivered Skoda. If they were selling Skoda people wouldnt buy it.

People that spend money on this back and crystals to level her are funding this game. Keep morality and fairness out of this, this is ea bussiness model and its their decision to give advantage to ones that pay premium for advertised packs.

Nope, they never promised anything. Buffs and nerfs are part of the game, when you buy a Porsche you knwo it's not going to transform into a skoda lmfao, but when you buy a character you know there's a chance for a nerf or buff.
  • If EA had buffed a little damage increase for Barris for this update, i am absolutely sure we won't be seeing any of these salty cry babies complaining...they are probably giggling like a girl. Thats human nature.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The refunds are being requested by people who bought Barriss with the assumption that she wouldn't be nerfed into oblivion. As she is currently it would require an incredible amount of money to make her viable again. When somebody pays 50 dollars for a character who is nerfed that heavily weeks after they paid a large amount of money to obtain her they are going to be angry. The refunds that are being given out are due to people buying the pack with the assumption that it would be a useful investment. Barriss was NOT op, she was simply better than the majority of the characters that newer players possessed. Once you get to a higher level and unlock more of the characters you realize that she is easily countered, and in many ways too limited to be viable in the top tiers of play.
    The game is too young for some f2pers to understand what you are saying dispite how 100% correct you are.
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Keaven wrote: »
    The refunds are being requested by people who bought Barriss with the assumption that she wouldn't be nerfed into oblivion. As she is currently it would require an incredible amount of money to make her viable again. When somebody pays 50 dollars for a character who is nerfed that heavily weeks after they paid a large amount of money to obtain her they are going to be angry. The refunds that are being given out are due to people buying the pack with the assumption that it would be a useful investment. Barriss was NOT op, she was simply better than the majority of the characters that newer players possessed. Once you get to a higher level and unlock more of the characters you realize that she is easily countered, and in many ways too limited to be viable in the top tiers of play.
    The game is too young for some f2pers to understand whay you are saying dispite how 100% correct you are.

So if she's awful, why are you crying? I love how all the people crying about the nerf happen to be Barriss users talking about how she wasn't op at all LOL. Nerfs and buffs happen in this game, this isn't any new news. Get over it, most of us didnt complain and ignored all of you barris users "barris isn't op" thread, ironically created by barriss users lmfao. If she's awful at level 60, it should not affect you at all. I wonder why you guys bought Barriss since she's so terrible at the end game, hmm I guess you guys are barriss fanboys I mean Barriss is a super popular star wars character hahaha, you guys didn't get MAJOR value out of barriss from 45-55.

Why aren't you complaining about how resistance troopers/pilots were nerfed? They were major burst dps for us F2p players.
  • Keaven wrote: »
    The game is too young for some f2pers to understand whay you are saying dispite how 100% correct you are.

Exactly, and unfortunately they don't want to spend the time and put out the effort to learn the game. They just want anything that causes difficulties for them to be changed. If that keeps happening then the game will become too simple to be interesting. The way the game is developing there are so many different ways to put a team together, but as they nerf more and more characters that is changing. Hopefully people will realize that they've only seen a fraction of what the game has to offer when it comes to strategy and team building. For example with Captain Phasma's ability you can put a lot of counter attacking toons together and absolutely destroy a team who is using a defensive strategy. However if you use Sidious, Vader, Old Ben, and Tarkin together that strategy can be thoroughly shut down. Kylo Ren would increase the effectiveness of that strat even more. There are a plethora of different strats that can be used and no character is safe from a counter. But until more people start to realize that the forums will be filled with people who complain about everything that beats them.
  • Keaven wrote: »

Exactly, and unfortunately they don't want to spend the time and put out the effort to learn the game. They just want anything that causes difficulties for them to be changed. If that keeps happening then the game will become too simple to be interesting. The way the game is developing there are so many different ways to put a team together, but as they nerf more and more characters that is changing. Hopefully people will realize that they've only seen a fraction of what the game has to offer when it comes to strategy and team building. For example with Captain Phasma's ability you can put a lot of counter attacking toons together and absolutely destroy a team who is using a defensive strategy. However if you use Sidious, Vader, Old Ben, and Tarkin together that strategy can be thoroughly shut down. Kylo Ren would increase the effectiveness of that strat even more. There are a plethora of different strats that can be used and no character is safe from a counter. But until more people start to realize that the forums will be filled with people who complain about everything that beats them.

Yes we don't have the strats to win so we pay to win, oh wait, that's the barriss users LOL.

Yes we don't have the strats to win so we pay to win, oh wait, that's the barriss users LOL.

Some of the best characters in the game are easily unlocked for free. For example Darth Sidious, Luminara Unduli, Boba Fett, Fives, Ahsoka Tano, Asajj Ventress, Vader, and many more. Not to mention the fact that you can get four star characters from the free bronzium packs. It may be uncommon, but I've gotten four stars from packs before.
    Currently I'm using Vader, Ahsoka, Sidious, Luminara, and the Jedi Consular. Those are all easy to unlock without paying anything. And the combination is fantastic due to the extra crit chance from Sidious along with the synergizing negative effects from both Sidious and Vader contributing to Culling blade being able to OHKO people. However without things aligning properly that doesn't happen. Once you find a team that works for you you'll end up realizing that the people who pay to play generally aren't getting that much of an advantage.
    And Barriss could be countered by anyone who could stun, or apply ability block, if you hit her with Vader once per turn until she dies she can never use her heal. Saying that people didn't need to use strategy to win with Barriss is short sighted due to the fact that if you simply ignore her for the most part she ends up hurting the other team more than helping. And if you are able to hit her with Vader after you've unlocked him she is even more detrimental to the enemy team due to the drastic reduction in damage that you're forced to accept when you use her.
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    edited December 2015

Some of the best characters in the game are easily unlocked for free. For example Darth Sidious, Luminara Unduli, Boba Fett, Fives, Ahsoka Tano, Asajj Ventress, Vader, and many more. Not to mention the fact that you can get four star characters from the free bronzium packs. It may be uncommon, but I've gotten four stars from packs before.
    Currently I'm using Vader, Ahsoka, Sidious, Luminara, and the Jedi Consular. Those are all easy to unlock without paying anything. And the combination is fantastic due to the extra crit chance from Sidious along with the synergizing negative effects from both Sidious and Vader contributing to Culling blade being able to OHKO people. However without things aligning properly that doesn't happen. Once you find a team that works for you you'll end up realizing that the people who pay to play generally aren't getting that much of an advantage.
    And Barriss could be countered by anyone who could stun, or apply ability block, if you hit her with Vader once per turn until she dies she can never use her heal. Saying that people didn't need to use strategy to win with Barriss is short sighted due to the fact that if you simply ignore her for the most part she ends up hurting the other team more than helping. And if you are able to hit her with Vader after you've unlocked him she is even more detrimental to the enemy team due to the drastic reduction in damage that you're forced to accept when you use her.

Except most f2p players dont have access to characters with the stun, our best option is to ability block with Luminara since she's one of the best f2p characters that's worth farming for. Daka's stun is way too inaccurate. If you think Barriss is detrimental then stop crying. You weren't going to use her anyways right? The trooper got a nerf too, troopers easily get taken out in one turn, but on offense they were great for me. Why arent you crying about him getting nerfed? People were complaining about him too, why woulod even buy barriss if she's so detrimental. All I hear are barriss users saying how horrible she is, but they use her LOL. Barriss was awful, so she got nerfed more, who cares then?

Except most f2p players dont have access to characters with the stun, our best option is to ability block with Luminara since she's one of the best f2p characters that's worth farming for. Daka's stun is way too inaccurate. If you think Barriss is detrimental then stop crying. You weren't going to use her anyways right? The trooper got a nerf too, troopers easily get taken out in one turn, but on offense they were great for me. Why arent you crying about him getting nerfed? People were complaining about him too, why woulod even buy barriss if she's so detrimental. All I hear are barriss users saying how horrible she is, but they use her LOL. Barriss was awful, so she got nerfed more, who cares then?

She didn't used to be detrimental. Before the nerf she was an exceptional healer. And she was invaluable in Galactic War. But after the nerf she is detrimental due to the reasons I listed above. I do agree that she was a bit over powered before. But they nerfed her way too much. EA does have a habit of this though. Battlefield 4 is a prime example of them going too far with nerfs.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    It's funny how only people who actually have barris are saying that she's not op LOL. If she wasnt op what was she? Just far better than all of the other healers, and by FAR the most annoying healer to deal with? If she wasn't OP why did 99% of the top 10 teams run her lmfao. You seem salty since you paid to win and your character got a massive nerf. Can't fight on an even playing ground huh?

I do NOT own Barriss (as it seems you are claiming only people who don't own her have the right to voice opinions about her) and while she is quite annoying to deal with, I never thought she was over-powered and she becomes less relevant as you level up and get access to more heroes (I am currently at level 52). For the life-saving, over-powered, almighty, game-breaking heal (note the sarcasm) that she provides for every 4? 5? turns (not sure. I don't have her), she does nothing else, other than the occasional lucky heals with her normal attack. Read some other posts - especially by experienced, soft launch players before you rant about how OP an hero is. Do you see any one of them claiming Barriss as part of their core team at level 60? I haven't come across one.

In a match, all you have to do is target a specific hero, get his/her health to below 50%, the A.I Barriss then uses her heal and you don't have to worry about her heal (and her) for the rest of the match. You could simply stun her as well; Old Daka is a farmable hero who does that part usually well. Block her heal ability; Luminara is also a farmable hero and definitely gets her turn before Barriss.

While I necessarily don't agree with a refund (probably better off by restoring Barriss back to where she was), this sets a bad precedence - as I mentioned in one of my other posts. Unless you happened to be incredbily lucky, most people paid a premium for an hero to get an advantage. That's what EA offered and they paid real cash for it. Think about that. How would you feel if you paid for something (not just in this game), only to find out that you are not getting what you were told you were getting? It's a bad practice where people will question whether they should invest money into another pack (and rightfully so)... which is bad for EA as well (less revenue). In the end, everyone loses out, other than those few who have only experienced a small portion of the game and then start to complain about an hero being OP. I can already see your next waves of posts; Kylo is way too OP! Nerf him!

• ewok
    149 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    It's funny how only people who actually have barris are saying that she's not op LOL. If she wasnt op what was she? Just far better than all of the other healers, and by FAR the most annoying healer to deal with? If she wasn't OP why did 99% of the top 10 teams run her lmfao. You seem salty since you paid to win and your character got a massive nerf. Can't fight on an even playing ground huh?

I don't own Barriss and while she is quite annoying to deal with, I never thought she was over-powered and she becomes less relevant as you level up and get access to more heroes (I am currently at level 52). For the life-saving, over-powered, almighty, game-breaking heal (note the sarcasm) that she provides for every 4? 5? turns, she does nothing else, other than occasional lucky heals with her normal attack. In a match, all you have to do is target a specific hero, get his/her health to below 50%, the A.I Barriss then uses her heal and you don't have to worry about her heal (and her) for the rest of the match. Read some other posts - especially by experienced, soft launch players before you rant about how OP an hero is. Do you see any one of them claiming Barriss as part of their core team at lvl 60? I haven't come across one.

While I necessarily don't agree with a refund (probably better off by restoring Barriss back to where she was), this sets a bad precedence - as I mentioned in one of my other posts. Unless you happened to be incredbily lucky, most people paid a premium for an hero to get an advantage. That's what EA offered and they paid real cash for it. Think about that. How would you feel if you paid for something (not just in this game), only to find out that you are not getting what you were told you were getting? It's a bad practice where people will question whether they should invest money into another pack (and rightfully so)... which is bad for EA as well (less revenue). In the end, everyone loses out, other than those few who have only experienced a small portion of the game and then start to complain about an hero being OP. I can already see your next series of posta; Kylo is way too OP! Nerf him!

Like I said in previous posts, Barriss is manageable, but is by FAR the most annoying healer especially for a f2p sid team. "That's what EA offered and they paid real cash for it. Think about that. How would you feel if you paid for something (not just in this game), only to find out that you are not getting what you were told you were getting?". I would actually learn about the game before I shelled money out and realize that the game is going to make changes and have nerfs and buffs and that no character is safe. I dont believe for a second that you don't have barriss, you got **** barriss user written all over you.

Also unlike you I dont cry about characters being overpowered before a nerf or buff. I never peeped a word about Barriss being op before she got nerfed. Nor will I do it for any other character, I respect the dev's decision. Unlike you I dont pay to win due to not having the strats to compete. One of my f2p dps burst characters got heavily nerfed, guess what I'm going to do? Adapt, I'm not going to whine and complain about it. You paid to win and your character got nerfed, GG.
  • Barris needed to be tweaked with a scalpel (small nerf to her healing percentages or a moderate nerf with a corresponding increase in damage output), and CG used a chainsaw instead. She is actually worse than useless now - as a healer, she can't heal **** and in many cases actually *reduces* the health of the squad instead because she can no longer heal for enough to refill the health removed by equalizing units, and she still has all the damage output of a stewed tomato. Unlike Lumi, who was and is the best healer unit in the game due to her combination of a decent heal and Ability Block, she's a one-trick pony who now can't even do that trick. Yes, balance changes can and should happen, and sometimes it's going to leave people unhappy, but CG clearly doesn't playtest their game balance changes prior to implementing them in the live game.

The problem really boils down to this:
    1) A lot of people paid a *lot* of money specifically for this unit. This is one of the big reasons that games like this usually don't let you directly buy a specific unit - it's harder to justify a refund on a generic crystal purchase since you got the crystals you paid for, so Google and Apple often won't get involved and it's up to the developer whether to issue compensation themselves (which sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't).
    2) The whining on these forums is some of the worst I've ever seen. CG caving to that whining this easily sets an extremely bad precedent. Game balance will be dictated by the loudest forum voices, rather than the actual stats of the units or the best interests of the health of the game.
    3) The severity of the Nerf was completely out of proportion to the balance issue being addressed
    4) The game is brand new, and a lot of players feel it's too soon for the real strengths and weaknesses of all of the units to be fully understood by most of the player base. This is the time for bugfixes (abilities not doing what they were designed to do) and minor tweaks, not huge sweeping changes. If for some reason the drastic nerf really was necessary, the reasoning should have been communicated ahead of time and feedback gathered before implementing the change. COMMUNICATION saves lives. :smile:

Fundamentally, CG has demonstrated to all the paying players in the game (the players without whom the F2P players wouldn't even have a game to play in the first place) that it's unwise to continue spending, and that is a sure way to kill a Freemium game.
  • Agreed with all your points of view @Ravenclaw78
  • "Fundamentally, CG has demonstrated to all the paying players in the game (the players without whom the F2P players wouldn't even have a game to play in the first place) that it's unwise to continue spending, and that is a sure way to kill a Freemium game."

Sorry but you guys are the minority. For every 1000 of you guys spending 50-100 bucks to pay to win, there are the 100,000 people paying for 5 dollars dooku packs. Who do you think is more important to them? A mass of people who will pay a couple dollars, or the select few who are desperate for arena wins and arent creative enough to compete without paying.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Good post, @Ravenclaw78.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Reading this entire argument just gave me a headache, especially seeing as both sides have some very valid points. I seriously feel for the devs at CG and EA because they were only trying to do the right thing by the game and community by selling popular characters and then balancing them fairly. Good luck guys! :neutral:
This discussion has been closed.