Jango AI

Fenn93
19 posts Member
Currently in the IG88 bounty hunter quest and somehow only just noticed consistently once in auto under a bossk lead Jango doesn’t go for the target to achieve the group payout.
I can’t comment on the other Bh leads but will try it in the near future but his AI is definitely broken not to unlock the payouts

Replies

• Options
    pretty sure the AI is not designed to go after payouts. it's not that technical. i notice sometimes it gets lucky and seems like it is. if i'm gonna auto something with them i usually just get the payout done first then let em go to town
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    Options
    The AI is extremely limited and generally doesn't make sophisticated decisions by its own.
    However CG has implemented some really basic rules for the AI to follow. This is important whenever it comes to defensive teams (be it attacking someone or setting up defense for GA/TW).
    In your case, the basic targeting rule you are looking for is target_bounty_hunter_target. It is defined for 8 abilities:
    2qe9mvhyghld.png
    Obviously targeting seems to be defined only for a random selection of bounty hunter abilities.

Some BH chars didn't get any rules (e.g. Zam or Cad), others got different rules (e.g. Jango).
    fe88cbcs4xhh.png

This does not seem to be consistent so to some extend I would back your impression that it's broken, but more for Zam and Cad. With regards to Jango, devs made a decision in favour of targeting debuffed enemies over payout targets.

More generally speaking you might also take into account rules for targeting allies.
    For example it is great watching the AI playing Bastila Shan to call HY to assist with her Rally ability in an opening round where her team moves first, no ally is debuffed and all are at full health. This move is a complete waste yet it will happen consistently given a certain setup. To prevent this, you need to know why it is happening. As it turns out, the devs added a rule for Rally to choose the weakest, debuffed ally. Might make sense if any ally is debuffed because Rally also cleanses. If all your allies are fresh and healthy, it is down to targeting the weakest ally. If that turns out to be HY (or any other defensive character) you might consider your team setup broken AI-wise and should revise it if you intend to use it on defense.
    Sometimes the mitigation of negative AI decisions turns out more difficult. Take Ezras Watch and Learn. The AI is trained to target wounded tanks. You would have to change the lineup (rather than switching mods) to tackle that one.
    czqxmnb43kzu.png
  • Options
    vksg wrote: »
    The AI is extremely limited and generally doesn't make sophisticated decisions by its own.
    However CG has implemented some really basic rules for the AI to follow. This is important whenever it comes to defensive teams (be it attacking someone or setting up defense for GA/TW).
    In your case, the basic targeting rule you are looking for is target_bounty_hunter_target. It is defined for 8 abilities:
    2qe9mvhyghld.png
    Obviously targeting seems to be defined only for a random selection of bounty hunter abilities.

Some BH chars didn't get any rules (e.g. Zam or Cad), others got different rules (e.g. Jango).
    fe88cbcs4xhh.png

This does not seem to be consistent so to some extend I would back your impression that it's broken, but more for Zam and Cad. With regards to Jango, devs made a decision in favour of targeting debuffed enemies over payout targets.

More generally speaking you might also take into account rules for targeting allies.
    For example it is great watching the AI playing Bastila Shan to call HY to assist with her Rally ability in an opening round where her team moves first, no ally is debuffed and all are at full health. This move is a complete waste yet it will happen consistently given a certain setup. To prevent this, you need to know why it is happening. As it turns out, the devs added a rule for Rally to choose the weakest, debuffed ally. Might make sense if any ally is debuffed because Rally also cleanses. If all your allies are fresh and healthy, it is down to targeting the weakest ally. If that turns out to be HY (or any other defensive character) you might consider your team setup broken AI-wise and should revise it if you intend to use it on defense.
    Sometimes the mitigation of negative AI decisions turns out more difficult. Take Ezras Watch and Learn. The AI is trained to target wounded tanks. You would have to change the lineup (rather than switching mods) to tackle that one.
    czqxmnb43kzu.png

Where did you get the info on AI rules? I've never seen anything like this before.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    Fantastic information. Can I get a website for a break down of the entire games targeting mechanics? Again, well done.
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I retrieve data via both of those CG supported, community-driven API providers. It's as official as it can get without a dev statement ;)
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    Options
    Fantastic information. Can I get a website for a break down of the entire games targeting mechanics? Again, well done.
    Yes, I will look into integrating that information to an existing frontend and post back.
  • Fenn93
    19 posts Member
    Options
    @vksg wow that’s a great bit of info which clarifies my question. Surprised this document isn’t more widely know as players could learn to manipulate the AI given certain setups. Thanks once again
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words, you're welcome!

Here is a rough, searchable table from the data:
    https://galaxy.ovh/list/targeting
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    Options
    Looks like Padmé got a brand new don't-dare-you-touch-DR-with-assists rule.

Seems a bit weird or at least random because those two characters have no relation whatsoever (neither ingame nor canon). Why should her AI be the only one being smart enough to not waste a special that calls assists against Darth Revan? Should work for assist calling attacks of all toons or none at all.

However, regardless of my opinion, just take that new rule into account for your offensive / defensive Padmé strategies.
    7qamrrcqtm0c.png
  • Options
    Guess because she's the newest character that's released that calls assists.