Why did gap between TB increase from 14 to 21 days?

Before there used to be TB every two weeks, except the extra X-mas TB.
Previous one and next are scheduled three weeks apart.

I don't like that. My tokens can't last that long :)

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Things got spaced out a little due to the increased number of GAs.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Its unfortunate, I like PVE stuff more. Plus the GET tokens I find are more useful.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Monel wrote: »
    Its unfortunate, I like PVE stuff more. Plus the GET tokens I find are more useful.

The quantity of events has not changed, they just changed the distribution.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »

The quantity of events has not changed, they just changed the distribution.

Do you mean events altogether or just TB?
    Because before I had 8k GET each 2 weeks, now I don't. Will the gap close (is this just temporary) or can we expect less TB (8k GET every 3 weeks) in favor of 4 TW and 4 GA each month?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    2 TB a month
    4 TWs a month
    and now 4 GA due to the new distribution.

the monthly intake has not changed, they are just spread out differently within the one month period.
  • zeratul021
    24 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    2 TB a month
    4 TWs a month

the monthly intake has not changed, they are just spread out differently within the one month period.

Well my data shows that there was TB every 2 weeks, so in some months, there were 3 TBs.
    Yearly that would amount to 26/27 TBs.

With 2 TBs a month we get "only" 24 TBs a year.

This will make the GET yield more stable, albeit lesser.
    Post edited by zeratul021 on
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    zeratul021 wrote: »
    2 TB a month
    4 TWs a month

Well my data shows that there was TB every 2 weeks, so in some months, there were 3 TBs.
    Yearly that would amount to 26/27 TBs.

With 2 TBs a month we get "only" 24 TBs a year.

This will make the GET yield more stable, albeit lesser.

Looking at "TBs per month" doesn't make sense, given that months are differing sizes.

TBs were every other week. That was the cadence. One Monday we would start one, it would last for 6 days. Then we would have two Territory Wars the subsequent week. The Monday after that, we would start the opposite faction TB.

Just because we had some months where there were three "TB start dates" does not mean we got 3 that month. The cadence was the same.
  • zeratul021
    24 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

Looking at "TBs per month" doesn't make sense, given that months are differing sizes.
    Agree.
    jkray622 wrote: »
    TBs were every other week. That was the cadence. One Monday we would start one, it would last for 6 days. Then we would have two Territory Wars the subsequent week. The Monday after that, we would start the opposite faction TB.

Just because we had some months where there were three "TB start dates" does not mean we got 3 that month. The cadence was the same.
    I meant 'in some months, there were 3 TBs' as in starting not that they were completely crammed up there. They weren't, they were just starting in that calendar month. And yes, the cadence was the same. Still in agreement :)

Me 'beef' is that cadence seems to be spacing-out now to 3 weeks (at least previous and next TB).
    That seems to support Kyno's comment with '2 TB a month'.
    I understood that as we should only be getting 2 TB starting each calendar month. Which would bring the number of TBs starting in calendar year from 26/27 to 24.

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    zeratul021 wrote: »
    Me 'beef' is that cadence seems to be spacing-out now to 3 weeks (at least previous and next TB).
    That seems to support Kyno's comment with '2 TB a month'.
    I understood that as we should only be getting 2 TB starting each calendar month. Which would bring the number of TBs starting in calendar year from 26/27 to 24.

The last two have been spread further apart. I assumed it was due to significant changes (such as Finn's rework). It's a bit too early to assume that the 3-week spacing will be permanent.

My "beef" right now with Territory Battles is this:
    SBCrumb wrote:
    We will also be reducing the Rebel Officer Leia Organa and Imperial Probe Droid Shards earned in Territory Battles from 2 to 1 as Territory Battles will be more consistent and predictable with the update. We recently announced that no more new marquee characters will be added to the map, alongside fixed platoon requirements that will not change between events. Read more about those changes here.

There were no changes about the "consistency and predictability" with TBs in the update. TBs were very consistent until the last month, and they needed 2 shards per completion. The entire reason that they doubled the number of shards was because each TB (light and dark) would be occurring half as frequently. Once they introduced Imperial Retaliation, we had half the number of opportunities to earn ROLO shards, so they doubled the # of ROLO shards to compensate.

Now...they are adding a 3rd Territory Battle, but instead of increasing the shard count to 3 per attempt, we drop back down to 1. Not only is that a step backwards for the community, but the "explanation" seems like a blatant lie.
  • Options
    I love that they bumped the ROLO shards this week down to one, but they haven't said anything about when the new TB schedule is going to take effect.

Surly there will be a game update when that schedule kicks in- why not reduce the shards along with the new map rollout?