Grand Arena

It seems I either get teams on defense I can never beat or teams that think this is a waste of time and throw crap teams in. There is so much to do in the game now it seems to me we are losing more players afk or just don't have the time. We can't even get a full TW/TB going and you throw in another time dump. So disappointed with GA.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    So, you're complaining both about your weak opponents and your strong opponents? Well..... at least that's a different complaint.

How is GA a waste of time, if your opponent deploys weak teams on defense? Stomp them, collect 100k credits and enjoy your spare time.
  • I think this is called the Goldilocks complaint.

This, however, is the first GA where I’ve faced an opponent who didn’t set defence (so I beat his autoset defence) in rd1 and then in rd2 my opponent placed a strong defence but never bothered to attack me.

So I’m in “the final” having faced 0 attacks from enemies.

It’s only anecdotal evidence, of course, but I guess some people are finding it harder to take part in the game mode.
  • I won GA overall for first time last time. Only 1st of 3 opponents attacked,though all had defense that limited me to taking 1 or 2 territories only.

This time, 1st opponent didn't attack and I took 3 territories. I wonder if some sort of auto assign as final squad was a G12 GMY jedi squad that was stronger than you'd expect for a back territory squad (and I'd guess leave them noting in the roster to attack with). Yesterday I took 2 territories, opponent did one attack on each of my front squads, with no damage (even to protection) on my zbas squad.

So I do wonder if there is a growing half hearted approach to GA...shove something in and take whatever prize comes
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    It's an easily ignored game mode if you don't have time.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Waqui wrote: »
    So, you're complaining both about your weak opponents and your strong opponents? Well..... at least that's a different complaint.

How is GA a waste of time, if your opponent deploys weak teams on defense? Stomp them, collect 100k credits and enjoy your spare time.

Yes, it shows how lopsided it is. It's easy to win when the other side doesn't care to defend. It's also impossible to win when I don't have JKR. There are teams I can't beat because before my toons are all level 85. That puts me against teams that are too strong for me. It's an unbalanced fight
  • Before GA, I got all my toons to 85*.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Yes, it shows how lopsided it is. It's easy to win when the other side doesn't care to defend.

That's no different than TW or arenas. Weak defenses make easy wins.
    It's also impossible to win when I don't have JKR.

There are counters, you know, and you can also get a JKR team of your own. The event is scheduled ti return later this month.
    There are teams I can't beat because before my toons are all level 85. That puts me against teams that are too strong for me. It's an unbalanced fight

Since you have even (character) GP, it's a fair fight. Developing a strong roster is part of GA. If your opponent developed a stronger roster (of even GP) it's only fair that he benefits from that advantage.

• Waqui wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

Yes, it shows how lopsided it is. It's easy to win when the other side doesn't care to defend.

That's no different than TW or arenas. Weak defenses make easy wins.
    It's also impossible to win when I don't have JKR.

There are counters, you know, and you can also get a JKR team of your own. The event is scheduled ti return later this month.
    There are teams I can't beat because before my toons are all level 85. That puts me against teams that are too strong for me. It's an unbalanced fight

Since you have even (character) GP, it's a fair fight. Developing a strong roster is part of GA. If your opponent developed a stronger roster (of even GP) it's only fair that he benefits from that advantage.

Ya,no am finally ready for the JKR event. But currently I have a hard time beating him.