GA question

flux_rono
2120 posts Member
So me and my opponent tied in this final GA match, so who wins in this case and gets the higher reward?
He does have a higher GP then me, idk if that would be relevent information or not.

bcn1rb6mzwhc.jpg

Replies

• My understanding is that in the case of a tie (such as this), the winner is the one with the higher GP. Since this GA excludes all ships, I would assume the one with the higher character GP will win.
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    My understanding is that in the case of a tie (such as this), the winner is the one with the higher GP. Since this GA excludes all ships, I would assume the one with the higher character GP will win.

Thats still him either way. And if that is the case then thats lame imo. Like his character far out matched mine, and i still tied it.
    Sigh oh well
  • Lowest GP should clearly win, with having overcome a greater challenge so to speak. That's just my opinion though and doesn't count for ****. I have no idea what will actually happen.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Higher Character GP at the point of locking is the tie breaker.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    GP differences are small enough to not affect the outcome of the match at all. I've had opponents with sightly more GP, but a far worse roster aswell as opponents with slightly less GP and a far worse roster.
    Basically it's just random who wins with when you draw regardless of whether it's the guy with more GP or the guy with less GP.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Lowest GP should clearly win, with having overcome a greater challenge so to speak. That's just my opinion though and doesn't count for ****. I have no idea what will actually happen.

Since the GP difference is neglectible, it doesn't result in any 'greater challenge' to overcome.
  • I think the reason why the higher GP wins is so the next fight, if there is one, the winner will go on to face another winner.

Like...if two people have auto defense set, the one with the higher GP will win automatically. If I won my match (no auto defense set), I rather face the one with the higher GP.
  • The player with the higher GP at lock in when the GA first started before round 1 will take the 'W' in a tie
  • leef wrote: »
    GP differences are small enough to not affect the outcome of the match at all. I've had opponents with sightly more GP, but a far worse roster aswell as opponents with slightly less GP and a far worse roster.
    Basically it's just random who wins with when you draw regardless of whether it's the guy with more GP or the guy with less GP.

Small enough is debatable...
    His overall GP is ~200k more then me. (Im at 3.97 million, he has 4.18)
    His character GP is 2.483 million and mine is 2.475 million.
    We have a decent diffrence imo
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

8 GP difference...
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2019

Ship GP is irrelevant in this character-only GA. An 8k GP differense is neglectible - and furthermore your current GP is irrelevant as well. Only character GP at roster lock several days ago matters. Your GP probably changed since then.
  • leef wrote: »

8 GP difference...

You mean 8k GP difference.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

8 GP difference...

You mean 8k GP difference.

That is indeed what i mean(t).
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    So update... it gave me the win so im confused
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

see what i mean, GP difference doesn't mean diddly squat.
    Apparantly you had higher GP when the roster lock happened.
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member

No i didnt, he had higher GP entirely
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Did you check at roster lock? At the very beginning of the setup phase for round 1?
  • flux_rono wrote: »

So you checked both of your GPs at the exact time when matchmaking occurred?

Because no matter how you access the roster view in-game you are looking at current state, not the snapshot taken at lock-in. The further you get from lock-in time the more current state deviates from the snapshot.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Because no matter how you access the roster view in-game you are looking at current state, not the snapshot taken at lock-in. The further you get from lock-in time the more current state deviates from the snapshot.

Considering i have full 5 star mods on ever character, and i never took any off and have only geared up people since then, im possitive i could never have been above him
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Considering i have full 5 star mods on ever character, and i never took any off and have only geared up people since then, im possitive i could never have been above him

So, you didn't actually check?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

you do realize that your opponent can also increase his GP during the GA right? If you didn't check at rosterlock, you can't be sure and it's reasonable to assume you had more GP.
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

i can only check what i see, and what i see is that he is above me in GP all around

you do realize that your opponent can also increase his GP during the GA right? If you didn't check at rosterlock, you can't be sure and it's reasonable to assume you had more GP.

yes im aware of this, but since the roaster locks at the beginning isn't his set to not change when i view him?
    (i could be wrong about that but idk)
    but i dont check on every player at roster lock, only the ones im fighting so i can have an idea of what defense and offense i might need
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member

yes i'm aware of that, but since the roster locks isn't it set to where i can only see his GP from that time setting?
    and i never look at everyone at rosterlock because im only focused on who im fighting and what i need to defend/attack with. why would i look at 6 other people im not currently against.
    Waqui wrote: »

no i didnt check because i dont have my data from when it started, just that his GP is overall higher then mine in all aspects
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

yes i'm aware of that, but since the roster locks isn't it set to where i can only see his GP from that time setting?
    and i never look at everyone at rosterlock because im only focused on who im fighting and what i need to defend/attack with. why would i look at 6 other people im not currently against.

I don't know what to tell you. Higher GP at roster lock wins in case of a draw. You won, you had higher GP. Simple as that.
    There's no way to check if you had higher/lower GP at the time anymore. fwiw, i don't check ranking at rosterlock either. It's random anyway, so why worry about that?
    I do think it's rather funny that you thought you should have won because he had more GP while you actually had more GP all along. I would feel a bit silly if i were you.

• flux_rono wrote: »

No, this is exactly what everyone has been telling you. It shows his roster NOW, not his roster at lock.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299