AI Targets OT Millenium Falcon 100% - Why?

So I recall a point a couple months ago where CG told us you took the AI Targeting of Traya off of JK Revan. At the same time, why have you left the AI targeting of the OT Millenium Falcon on? If my OTMF doesn't have it's non-targetable buff on, it gets targeted by the AI. This is especially true in the starting volleys of a fleet arena match.

So why do you have the AI targeting it still? Is that going to change ever? Because it's really annoying, only adds more to the RNG of a match to a ridiculous level. Thank you, have a nice day.

Replies

• Why doesn't it have the buff on? It should always have it on.
  • So the AI goes after the biggest ship threat when it is possible to do so?

Guess that’s why there’s an “I” in AI.

• Calbear949 wrote: »
    Why doesn't it have the buff on? It should always have it on.

At the start of battle, or if a debuffer comes in, it isn't there. Can't control the Falcon not starting an encounter with the buff.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Then your OT falcon needs to be faster. Faster OT **** wins...part of the way to beat **** is to bring in a debuffer. I am not sure why this is an issue.
  • So the AI goes after the biggest ship threat when it is possible to do so?

The "AI" only does what CG developers program it to do, like target a specific ship or character.

artificial intelligence is “only as smart as a cockroach…a **** cockroach”, - Michio Kaku
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    So the AI goes after the biggest ship threat when it is possible to do so?

The "AI" only does what CG developers program it to do, like target a specific ship or character.

artificial intelligence is “only as smart as a cockroach…a **** cockroach”, - Michio Kaku

Again...it's what a regular player would do...get rid of OT Falcon asap. Why is this an issue? Get a faster falcon or get good tanks.
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Again...it's what a regular player would do...get rid of OT Falcon asap. Why is this an issue? Get a faster falcon or get good tanks.

Thanks for your input CG_Calbear. :wink:
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    It's somewhat random for me. Silencer tends to go for HMF at the beginning of a battle, but not always. Cassian uwing coming in as a reenforcement (and clearing all buffs) seems to favour hitting the opposing Cassian instead of HMF, but sometimes targets HMF or even ghost. I guess it might depend on your current lineup and what the AI considers the biggest threat (Tie X2 is another ship the AI just loves). Ties in threat assessment seem to be randomly resolved.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Calbear949 wrote: »

No...seriously. Are you basically saying that it's too hard to beat MT Falcon and they should nerf the AI?

If so, why have a meta or better mods/gear?
  • kalidor wrote: »
    It's somewhat random for me. Silencer tends to go for HMF at the beginning of a battle, but not always. Cassian uwing coming in as a reenforcement (and clearing all buffs) seems to favour hitting the opposing Cassian instead of HMF, but sometimes targets HMF or even ghost. I guess it might depend on your current lineup and what the AI considers the biggest threat (Tie X2 is another ship the AI just loves). Ties in threat assessment seem to be randomly resolved.

Yeah...AI doesn't generally attack a specific ship but rather more a flowchart on what it would do depending on the ship present and situation.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited April 2019

8 ships are faster than the Falcon, doesn't matter how fast you make yours, there will be ships that can outpace it, including Five's ship, and 3 TIE fighters (imperial, silencer, SF. Vader's is slower). Whenever I face one of those it's pretty much a guarantee they go for the Falcon. I don't mind though, gives HT a headstart.

8 ships are faster than the Falcon, doesn't matter how fast you make yours, there will be ships that can outpace it, including Five's ship, and 3 TIE fighters (imperial, silencer, SF. Vader's is slower). Whenever I face one of those it's pretty much a guarantee they go for the Falcon. I don't mind though, gives HT a headstart.

That's part of the game...strategy and counters. I don't understand what's there to question CG about.

Make your falcon tankier or faster
  • Arus
    10 posts Member
    Actually the AI always targets the weakest (the one with least health) ship in your lineup, if you are running HT, Biggs, and HMF, HMF will be the weakest and always be targeted, if you switch Biggs to something weaker like Ghost, it will be always targeted instead.
  • I have a slow Falcon, and the AI on my shard almost always targets Ghost first even when the Falcon doesn’t have the buff...
  • Arus wrote: »
    Actually the AI always targets the weakest (the one with least health) ship in your lineup, if you are running HT, Biggs, and HMF, HMF will be the weakest and always be targeted, if you switch Biggs to something weaker like Ghost, it will be always targeted instead.

Trying to remember the battle order but..opposing Falcon always buffs first...as I do.
  • Does the same for me. If my m ilf survives the opening salvo, i’ll usually win as the AI is dumb. Don’t change the AI.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    The AI always targets my Spy first.

I think the AI sees characters with toggled targetability as higher priorities--shoot them while they're targetable. With the Spy, that means going into stealth and no longer being able to be targeted. The Falcon is targetable until it takes an action.

I don't think the game is specifying "shoot falcon first" so much as it's put "shoot this class of ship when you can" near the top of the targeting priorities.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

No...seriously. Are you basically saying that it's too hard to beat MT Falcon and they should nerf the AI?

If so, why have a meta or better mods/gear?

I get #1 in fleet arena pretty much everyday. Sometimes I forget, but my measly 5* Falcon does just fine. The frustration is the RNG aspect where some days it gets wiped so I just sit around waiting for a timer to finish so I can try again. Why? Because the AI targets the OT Falcon 100% of the time.

Let alone that in 3v3 we have to deal with RNG being an even larger factor than it should be. If we went back to 5v5, RNG wouldn't be so significant and if we lost "a" ship we could potentially survive and win the battle. Now, if you lose one of your starting ships, especially if you're running Falcon, it's pretty much over.

The only positive is that if I lose Falcon, it's over and I just hit auto and do something else. At least it isn't like a JK Revan arena where I spent 4 minutes trying to beat the other team in a mirror match. If my Falcon survives, I'm pretty much gonna win.
  • ctyc123
    328 posts Member
    your **** is too weak in terms of hp and prot, use ghost in your lineup with lower hp+prot and see the AI targetting ghost.
  • The only answer is: don't rely too much on the massive stupidity of CG's AI. Once in a while they may update it to behave more like a real player. And of course real players are going to go after the major threat if they have the chance to do so. Just get stronger.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I use silencer hound and falcon. The AI always targets Silencer. If it dies or I fail to stun bistan then I bring in cassian as first reinforcement and blow up falcon. Otherwise I bring in ghost first. Works fine for me. The rng of assists though sometimes screws me.
  • I thrash everyone I meet and i don't put the Falcon in my starting 3. The Falcon crushes as a reinforcement, but generally doesn't do so hot against Hound's Tooth. So you clear out the enemy HT using your squad, then bring in the Falcon at your first post-HT opportunity.

If the Falcon's not cutting it in your starting three, you don't have to let it get killed. You can put it in reinforcements you know.