Upcoming Changes to Bastila Shan [MEGA]

Prev13456
TyloRen
381 posts Moderator
edited April 2019
DEV POST
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
Hi Holotable Heroes,

In the next release, Bastila Shan has been given a new Unique ability, Force Bond, in order to better represent the connection between Jedi Knight Revan and Bastila Shan.

Unique 2 - Force Bond

Final Text: If Jedi Knight Revan is in the leader slot: Bastila and Jedi Knight Revan have +70% Accuracy, Potency, and Tenacity. Jedi Knight Revan also recovers Protection from Legendary Battle Meditation.

If Darth Revan is on the enemy squad: Bastila gains Advantage and Retribution for 1 turn at the start of Darth Revan's turns.
CG_TopHat wrote: »
In addition to the above new ability, Bastila Shan's Unique 1, Legendary Battle Meditation, has been updated to the following:

Description: At the start of Bastila's turn, all other allies gain 1% Turn Meter (doubled for Jedi) and Legendary Battle Meditation for 1 turn.

Legendary Battle Meditation: +25% Potency and +10% counter chance (doubled for Jedi)

+1% Turn Meter Gain
+10% Potency
+10% Counter chance
+15% Potency
+15% Counter chance
+1% Turn Meter Gain
Add 2% Protection Recovery per buff at start of turn and Legendary Battle Meditation can't be dispelled

Final Text: At the start of Bastila's turn, she recovers 2% Protection for each buff she has, and all other allies gain 3% Turn Meter (doubled for Jedi) and Legendary Battle Meditation for 1 turn.

Legendary Battle Meditation: +50% Potency and +35% counter chance (doubled for Jedi). Legendary Battle Meditation can't be dispelled.
CG_TopHat wrote: »
Apologies, there's another change to note with Subvert Defenses:

Description: Deal Special damage to target enemy and dispel all buffs on them. (Cooldown 2)

+10% Damage
+10% Damage
+10% Damage
+10% Damage
Add Stun for 1 turn
+10% Damage
+20% Damage, add Buff Immunity for 2 turns

Final Text: Deal Special damage to target enemy. Dispel all buffs on them, inflict Buff Immunity on them for 2 turns, and Stun them for 1 turn.
Post edited by CG_TopHat on

Replies

• Jedi Bastilla had an AAA class lead ability.

Sith Badstilla did not have a lead ability at all.
    She had Force Bond instead.

Now Jedi Bastilla also gets Force Bond.

How is this fair?
    Is Sith Bastill also getting a lead ability?
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    BSF is super awesome...she makes EP lead, Traya lead, and DSR lead meta worthy.
    Bastila lead is largely useless now.
  • DarthMarr wrote: »
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    BSF is super awesome...she makes EP lead, Traya lead, and DSR lead meta worthy.
    Bastila lead is largely useless now.

It's not her lead. She get a buff when she's under JKR

And BSF gets synergy with DSR lead...and she makes sith leads significantly more tanky. Her special skills are why Sith are back in the meta again. Corrupt Mediation is one of the best skills in the game.

• Great now JKR gets 2 ways to regain protection and DR only gets one
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Why are we buffing JKR?
  • This is the set up.
    Wait till they knock it down.

Malak is going to be a beast
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Great now JKR gets 2 ways to regain protection and DR only gets one

Meh...SiT and SA hits under protection...and DSR can wreck JKR.

• Why?
  • That's my question...unless it directly deals with Malak
  • DarthMarr wrote: »
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Great now JKR gets 2 ways to regain protection and DR only gets one

Meh...SiT and SA hits under protection...and DSR can wreck JKR.

What is SiT SA and DSR?

Sith Trooper
    Sith Assassin
    Darth Revan.
  • bb7r6i08k2qq.gif
  • Cool! But no thanks. Everything is working as intended.
  • Gaaazzzaaaa
    45 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    You balanced the meta with DR - he's not super dominant either. JKR however was dominant for months and now you feel the need to buff him......why??? Was this necessary? The gift that keeps on giving at the minute.. unbelievable

Edit: did you have to give them a stupid amount of tenacity as well??
  • JKR recovers protection from his lead why does he need to from Bast as well?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Way to Nerf the Darth Revan teams everyone just got. Thanks for another year of JKR meta!
  • How stupidly OP is Malak going to be that makes this a necessary change?
  • Like if the JKR team wasn't OP enough.

Darth Malak best bring some good **** to the Sith Empire team. Or else Darth Revan will be for NOTHING after that Bastila buff.
  • Gama_Fox wrote: »
    How stupidly OP is Malak going to be that makes this a necessary change?

Yassss
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    So while we're at it, can I also get synergies for

Jka>Kenobi
    Palpatine> Royal Guard
    Han>Leia
    CLS>R2
    Maul>Savage
    I'm sure theres plenty I'm missing as well
  • When is this update coming? Seems like there will be a lot of changes with it.
  • That was unexpected.
    As I cannot see this have any influence on the JKR vs DR matches (God forbid it, the current meta is the best in...I don't know.. ever?!) we have to wonder why they want to boost 2 of the best toons in the game right now?
  • It’s logical for her to have Revan synergy.

It doesn’t really effect me much since I’m still rolling with JKR in arena but I shutter to think the consequence on JKRvJKR matches considering sometimes they can take over 4 minutes for them to be decided.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb is this a zeta ability?

Thanks