Bronzium purple gear drop rates = Laughable

I just went through about 150,000 Ally points in Bronzium draws. I got 0 purple gear drops.

If purple gear doesn't really drop from Bronzium packs, then just get rid of them completely from the display.

Seriously, the purple gear in bronzium is low quality anyway. There's no point in even showing the purple gear.

Replies

• . . . . . Righto . . .
  • Had a full carb from there a few times. And regardless of quality, it's something for free.
  • It's free lottery tickets....whatever you get is gravy.
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    It's free lottery tickets....whatever you get is gravy.

Agreed. But if it's not going to drop why even show it. The space could be used to show something more entertaining that also won't drop. For example, a Bond girl or the Domino's pizza Noid would look far more interesting than a purple gear that doesn't drop.
  • I have also gotten at least one full carb out of bronziums.

Agreed. But if it's not going to drop why even show it. The space could be used to show something more entertaining that also won't drop. For example, a Bond girl or the Domino's pizza Noid would look far more interesting than a purple gear that doesn't drop.

It has dropped and people playing all sorts of games with one grand prize and a bunch lower end prizes.
    Calbear949 wrote: »

It has dropped and people playing all sorts of games with one grand prize and a bunch lower end prizes.

I've got another 750k in Ally points. I'll burn through another 100k. If no purples drop I'll lobby to replace the purple gear with a GIF of Will Ferrell punching cereal boxes in a supermarket
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    I kept record of the full purple from ally points and it drops once every 2 months in my case
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Lasod
    52 posts Member
    This is the new normal30buhsrpklbl.png
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    The statistics of improbable events are such that you can go a very long time without seeing a highly unlikely event, even if you repeat the roll enough times that you theoretically "should" roll the result.

Unlikely events are drought prone. It's part of what makes a fair die feel biased.
    Still not a he.
  • Langy
    25 posts Member
    Your rate seems pretty consistent with mine. I was lamenting last month in our guild chat that I never see purple gear and watched very carefully since then. Just today I saw my first purple gear (and it was full gear!!!) after burning through approximately 250000 ally points. At 250 points per attempt, that’s roughly a 1 in 1000 drop rate, with fairly large error bars.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I just got an mk5 laptop. All hail purple gear drops from bronziums!
  • All told, after burning through well over 1,000,000 Ally points, I got three purple gears.

I still think it would be a better use of the space to show a bond girl or the Domino's pizza Noid instead of the purple gear. Just my opinion...
  • at least you get alot of shard shop currency