Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Prev13456737
TyloRen
381 posts Moderator
edited April 2019
DEV POST
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
Hi Holotable Heroes,

We wanted to start by congratulating our esteemed puzzle solvers on the first half of the clue, which resulted in the below image. While they’re still working on the second half of the puzzle, which will reveal more about Darth Malak, we want to share with you the requirements for the event.

dev3kiy.png

Whether they solve it or not (but we’re guessing they will inside the next couple of hours), the Star Forge Showdown begins this Friday (4/12) with two phases which can be completed in whatever order you choose. This is a completely new event type and will be more complicated and difficult than any event we’ve run before.

In the first battle, you’ll face Darth Malak using Jedi Knight Revan and any four of the characters needed unlock Jedi Knight Revan (Bastila Shan, Jolee Bindo, T3-M4, Mission and Zaalbar). The second battle will require Darth Revan with any four of the characters that unlocked Darth Revan, Canderous Ordo, Carth Onasi, Juhani, HK-47 and Bastila Shan (Fallen). Darth Malak shards will appear in the Guild Event Store when you unlock Darth Malak at Five Stars.

To reiterate, this will be an extremely difficult battle and for the first time in an event, you’ll need each of your characters to be at least at 17,500 Power to enter. You’ll also only have a limited time to complete this achievement and earn Darth Malak. The event will start Friday 4/12 12:01AM (PDT) and run through Sunday 4/14 11:59PM (PDT).

DEV POST

Post edited 4/10 to correct confusing wording.
Edited 4/11 to correct timezone.
Post edited by CG_Leviathan on

Replies

• WarGuy101
    184 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    It was not clear in the announcement if this would be a one time event or if it will be a reoccurring event. If it is reoccurring what will be the cadence? Can we get a word on this @CG_SBCrumb
  • Lichbane
    222 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Oh well. Don’t have any of the characters.

Whales only; dolphins / ftp need not apply.
    Post edited by Lichbane on
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    So you need both Darth and Jedi to get him to 5* and then buy him up to 7* from the store?
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    In what world would it make sense to be a one-time event?
  • Okay...the bastilla upgrade make sense now.
  • It said it was an achievement. If you remember the 12 days of spring event it was also an achievement and never came back
  • Just when you think that the devs couldn’t be worse, they surprise you. Didn’t they say at some point that a journey character would never be required for another journey or legendary? Now the people who went double down on Revan will most likely just win the entire game based on how hard Malak will be to get.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    So if a person only has one of the Revan teams, will they be able to unlock him at 5 stars or will they have to wait until they get the other Revan?
  • DuneFlint
    648 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    2 days notice on a 2 day event that is a 17500 minimum requirement? Wow...just wow. If malak is the missing key to drevan teams thats just not cool at all. Guess i get to be another of those people who stops sending cash your way on occasion
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    But that event didn't have any character tied to it, especially a character of Darth Malak's caliber.
  • Another thing, he said that each character has to have a power of 17,500.

Does that mean all of the characters needed to unlock JKR and DR?? Or just the one character that we will bring with JKR and DR to battle Malak??
  • Can 5* be unlocked without completing both the first and second half of the event?
  • To reiterate, this will be an extremely difficult battle and for the first time in an event, you’ll need each of your characters to be at least at 17,500 Power to enter. You’ll also only have a limited time to complete this achievement and earn Darth Malak. The event will start Friday 4/12 12:01AM (UTC) and run through Sunday 4/14 11:59PM (UTC).

Does this mean that you need each of the 5 possible (non-lead) characters to be 17,500, or just any 4 of the 5?
  • This is utter ****. 17.5k power to even enter? I have a g11 (4/6 pieces) juhani, no zeta, and she's only 16860 power. Does that mean zetas on everyone is mandatory? This is ridiculous.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Kit Reveal when?
  • Bossak
    119 posts Member
    It says “ any” does that mean you can take under manned teams in?
  • @CG_SBCrumb I think you mean "any four of the characters" not "any of the four characters".

There's five in each group as a starting point.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I love OR toons out of the love for the series, so I geared all my OR toons whether they **** or not, so I'm definitely ready and I've been saving my GET for a few months since Carrie said they'll be adding toons there, so I should be able to push Malak to 7 star easily
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Jesus. 17500 power? That’s ****. Even at g11 they don’t break 15000. Nice new shiny pay wall 🙄
    Not a fan of this new power wall requirement
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    Wow, I hope one Revan will be enough to unlock him. Btw. "any" means four of the five characters have to be at 17500, right? Sry, I am not a native speaker :/
  • eviloce
    35 posts Member
    edited April 2019

My thoughts exactly
    *u*in* a**h*les
  • The wording says 'Any of the 4' that would imply revan+1

Shouldn't the wording be 'Any 4 of the'?
  • Blake085 wrote: »
    Another thing, he said that each character has to have a power of 17,500.

Does that mean all of the characters needed to unlock JKR and DR?? Or just the one character that we will bring with JKR and DR to battle Malak??

You need to use four out of the five required to unlock a specific Revan, plus that Revan. All at 17,500 power. Repeat with the other Revan.
  • Shenanigans052
    1681 posts Member
    edited April 2019
  • So you’ll have to supercharge ALL of the characters from two journey events in order to unlock a 5* character and the privilege to be able to collect more shards to get him eventually to 7*?...

Lol... Genius at work. « Let’s squeeze those wallets a little bit more... »