Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

• Think I’ll just switch to that other game.
    “Star Wars Galaxy Of Not Fun Events”

Sad
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    17500 with or without mods? @CG_SBCrumb
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    I don't really feel like I need Malak, or Darth Revan. I got Jedi Revan on the second go, everything was fine. I happily hover around the top 100 of my arena, and honestly - the people that spend to get everything immediately don't have much of an impact on my gameplay. I get the need/desire to max the income from the game, and I certainly don't spend much..

But I do miss some parts of playing this game that are evident are never coming back:

Theory crafting new teams for arena, that can actually be viable. I remember the fun combinations of sneaky teams that seemed to trip people up on offense or defense. There's more of a rock/paper/scissors situation now than ever before, which is good, but it's still pretty rigid on what constitutes as a rock, and so on.

Guessing and planning for legendaries and new characters. This was probably the most fun for me, trying to stay ahead of the curve and preparing my characters for JTR before she was released, and Commander Luke before that... There's literally no way to guess what getting Jedi Luke will required - except that it will likely be unattainable for a vast majority of the people, planning ahead or not.

Remember this time last year how many people were theory crafting what Jedi Luke would take? Commander Luke, Captain Han, Rebel Officer Leia, maybe Chewie or Threepio if he's released, and (gasp) would they also require Hermit Yoda??

Those requirements seemed pretty ridiculous, ludicrous, and riot worthy back then. Looking back though... what a joke. There's no chance there will ever be a release for someone even close to viable that makes any sense at all.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Kit Reveal when?

You will have to unlock the kit reveal for $19.99 after you complete the Malak event. So if you don't pay you won't be able to see his skills because it will show "?????????" for each skill description.

He doesn't get a kit until he is 6*. So he just sits and chills with G12 Juhanni, sipping mocha lattes in the Ebon Hawk.
  • Lucky it's 4 of the 5. T3 and canderous will stay at G7. Just need to bring juhani to G12 or give a Zeta (Malak might need 3 so won't be giving a Zeta)
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    What a week isn't it? It's just Wednesday, until the end of week will be worst. Keep tuned, this crap CG team will ruin everything for money. They are dumb, we know that. But my wallet is closed, I'll not support this game anymore.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Madpup wrote: »
    I'm going to put this simply and I know this will get my forum account either suspended or banned and my game account may even be suspended or banned. I'm refunding my purchases for the DR event. **** about this game any longer. I SPENT MONEY to get Revan, then I spent to gear him up, and now if I want to have have a true DR team I'm going to have to spend a third time to gear up characters who are useless to me up to gear 12 minimum. You have constantly shifted the goal posts here and it's the scummiest money grabbing I've seen yet. I'm out

I mean.

The event is going to come back. Just do it next time. Sheesh.

There is not a single word in the dev post indicating when or even IF the event is going to come back. While I'm sure that it will come back, we don't know 100%.

Dont be dramatic yes we do and yes it will come back.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    From a thematic view, this event seems really cool. You get the light side and dark side ending of the event. You play both endings against Malek
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    Jxm_82 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    I'm going to put this simply and I know this will get my forum account either suspended or banned and my game account may even be suspended or banned. I'm refunding my purchases for the DR event. **** about this game any longer. I SPENT MONEY to get Revan, then I spent to gear him up, and now if I want to have have a true DR team I'm going to have to spend a third time to gear up characters who are useless to me up to gear 12 minimum. You have constantly shifted the goal posts here and it's the scummiest money grabbing I've seen yet. I'm out

I mean.

There is not a single word in the dev post indicating when or even IF the event is going to come back. While I'm sure that it will come back, we don't know 100%.

Dont be dramatic yes we do and yes it will come back.

Absolutely correct. When you'll be ready again by casual farming minus three weeks.
  • Annoyed beyond words at springing this event on us with 2 days warning, with completely unprecedented event entry requirements.

You've got your last dime from me.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    From a thematic view, this event seems really cool. You get the light side and dark side ending of the event. You play both endings against Malek

Ah, Ultra. You’re the last spark of hope in this community. Keep being you!
  • Roon wrote: »
    This is utter ****. 17.5k power to even enter? I have a g11 (4/6 pieces) juhani, no zeta, and she's only 16860 power. Does that mean zetas on everyone is mandatory? This is ridiculous.

No zetas needed. Just base G12, all omegas, and 6 star mods.

"Just" lolol more than alot of number 1 ranked arena teams hahaha

If I remember correctly, many people invested a similar amount of resources in an Ewok squad for 3PO. All g11-12 with 2-3 zetas for the whole team. And I double-zetaed my g12 Bossk with 6• mods for Chewbacca. Had I followed the recommendations of the event, I would have had to take the entire team to g12. Bounty Hunters are arguably more overall useful than Old Republic, but I'm not so sure about Ewoks.

Recommendations are now requirements. Big difference
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    It wouldn't be as bad if you only had to beat one side, light or dark, at these requirements to unlock him. Or at least unlock the ability to farm him..
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    It was very obvious this was going to happen when hints about Darth Malak started appearing. Some people here just love to whine about anything.
    As always, either pay to get them ready or "f2p" and farm until the next time the event comes back. I will be farming my Carth team to get them geared up. No worries for me. :)
  • grey_poonda
    122 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    This news got me so heated I missed out on grabbing my free refresh. CG strikes again.. I better pay some crystals for energy so I can get my 600 tickets. Maybe my guild will boot me and I'll float in the void of the outer-rim.. The thought of G12 Juhanni is making me nauseous!! Somebody jump back in time and make it so this groundbreaking news never comes to light!! Just kidding. I have been talking junk but it is to keep my spirits up I guess. Maybe send future self to the past. Tell me to invest in G12 Juhanni ASAP. G11 < G12 Carth I can do. G8 < G12 Juhanni No can do.
  • Such a horrible idea and even worse execution.
  • GiantFen
    31 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Let us take our characters in how we want them. We already had to gear many of them for getting the required characters from other events. Let us use strategy and skill to complete the event instead of just forcing a gear check.

I'm not usually one to complain about short notice or character requirements, but power level requirements are a slap in the face.
  • Roahn wrote: »
    Honestly peeps this isn't that bad. CG is going to add Malak shards to the guild store. Which by the way, wow! Finally a new character in the guild store. The only question now is how much are the Malak shards going to cost (5,000 guild tokens).

Only AFTER you complete the event and unlock him at 5*
  • TydusKlife wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    TydusKlife wrote: »
    Also requiring 10 7* characters for a 5* character is extremely ridiculous and a huge jump from anything seen before and I think that will discourage more players than it will attract
    CLS and JTR both require ten 7* characters. Most likely speculation puts a future Jedi Luke at twenty.

No they each require 5 7* characters and are a 7* unlock

1 of those 5 you are counting requires 5 OTHER 7* characters for each of those events, so total of 10
  • i totally disagree with this event and think it they should delay it to have another think on how to release the event, they delayed the darth revan event because they didint think it was ready, they should do the same here.

with star wars celebrations starting its a shame to think they would do something like this, this is not something to celebrate about.
  • Even my un-zetaed g10 Boba comes close to the GP requirements. Another piece of gear would probably put him over 17.5k.

mc0k840viej3.png

You do realize that it's because he has an extra ability that's his payout right?
  • @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb Exactly how do you come up with ideas like this? Are you inspired by Mr. Burns??
  • Yeah many F2P understand how the game can keep going. Others don’t.

Others complain if they don’t get everything at the same time as everyone else. If whales have nothing to work towards (as well as hyped focused F2P who kept gearing the KOTOR toons) what is the incentive to keep playing and paying? If whales don’t buy stuff in the game this game is gone. Not sure how difficult it is to understand. No money...no game!

For any of you that run a business you may give some stuff away for free as a courtesy but you have to have others buy stuff to keep your business going! I mean how hard is that to figure out?!?!

While this is true, your missing the other half of it. If you anger your customers and they decide to quit (I'm talking about dolphins and guppies) then that's a huge loss in REVANue *get it? xD* then whales will get bored and then quit and then the game collapses. (This, btw means no more revanue :( )
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

I mean.

I know and so does DR. The issue is I spent money on DR to get him the first time. My investment that they claim they hold so dear, was just **** on. So if they are not going to respect my investment, then I'll gladly use the powers given to me by either the Google play store or my credit card company to get my money back. Seems fair to me.

Wait, wait, wait, wait... You spent money to get Darth Revan the first time around. I get that.

So why do you think you should get Darth Malak for free? This isn't a BOGO, man.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • This is 10x better than requiring new characters IMO.
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Leviathan
    Sorry for the tags, but someone else asked this, but it hasn't been answered and it's the only thing I need to know: event requires 4 toons from each Revan event to go with their respective Revan. But, are the 2 Revans being provided as event characters, or do we need to have them in our inventory already?
    So, 8 total characters, or 10 total?
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    This is trash. You guys should rethink this. The pitch forks are coming out!!!!
  • Ouch. This is payback to all the folks that got JKR relying on minimum requirements.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    LE_DUC wrote: »
    Soooo we get a p2w event for the Star Wars Celebration ? Bravo EA, bravo....
    Nice gift to the fans....

Why do you deserve Malak if you’re not going to pay?

Why does CG deserve to be paid for this ****?

Because they create this game that you spend your time on? Why does Disney deserve to get money? Why does anyone?

If they do something I don't like, as a consumer, I have the right to decide whether or not to give them money.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Even my un-zetaed g10 Boba comes close to the GP requirements. Another piece of gear would probably put him over 17.5k.

mc0k840viej3.png

You do realize that it's because he has an extra ability that's his payout right?

17500 is a full G11 character with 4 abilities, i know because my Teebo is like that. If the charater has a zeta ability then the power level goes over 19000.

Frankly it is not really that diferent from Chewbacca event which was hard to do.