Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

• Ryanwhales
    862 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I’m just here for the fire.

Prepare to get burned, people here are ticked.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Does anybody know how much power a Zeta or Omega adds to your toon?
  • I'm at the point where I'm ready to walk away. I don't care about/dominate PvP. If I do this it'll be the last I ever spend. I may not do this anyways and spend my money elsewhere. It's just too blatant of a cash grab/push.
  • Ryanwhales
    862 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Also, why couldnt they honestly just wait until dr came out again?! This wouldnt be as bad, and we all wouldve had time to get them both. All youd have to hope is that they designed malaks kit properly! Nobody needs a jedi knight baldy!

Problem solved!
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    So ive got everyone over the 17,500 benchmark except Ordo at 17,100 and Mission/T3 at 16,700. Just for clarification, can i participate in the event with just 4/5 over 17,500k or do i need 10/10 in order to unlock the event?

You need 4 of the 5 from the JKR event. You need to jack up Mission or T3. T3 looks like a loser in all honesty a waste.

You need 4 of the 5 from the DR event. You are fine without Ordo. But Juhani seems like the **** in the bunch.

Good luck.
  • I already uninstalled this evening from everything but my phone. I plan on playing in the next TW to not leave a hole for my guild, but after that I am done. Giving us this little notice for a character, a character that requires this much gear? I am getting off the money ride. Was fun while it lasted.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    We need all this for a single character from a 16 year old video game?

Man, I need to move to Cali and have some of whatever they're having....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • EA is now all about money and screw everything else. I stopped spending bcuz of this consistent **** of the growing number of paywall events. I was not a whale but spent $1300+ a year b4 I stopped. I now use that money on other games I like and that are all about how much money they can squeeze out of each player...thank SWGOH for making this choice easy.
  • **** was ****.
  • Mfish
    136 posts Member
    pka3egw45x0r.gif
  • Ok im Seriously done right now. Need to calm down, take a walk, and contimplate why im here. Just a lot of mixed feelings. Keep up the good work.

You guys need to make money, I get it.
    *leaves and slams door*
  • Is anybody else ready for them to stop adding these p2p KOTOR characters? Also it was very anticlimactic when the second part of the puzzle was just Malaks kit.
  • Please remember this day in the future.
    When this game will die.... looking back you’ll find that this day was a key point....
  • grey_poonda
    122 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I didn't get DR FTP but I am getting HMF the second time around FTP. I didn't even unlock it. The last FTP anything I got was Thrawn and that was the 2nd or 3rd time he came around on my main. JKR was my first Heroic/Journey character I got the first time around. If I don't get Malak this time I am sure somebody will have a vid up showing how to beat it. I swap in Nihilus for DR in my lineup. Unless they nerf the Palpatine Express/Vader/Nihilus somehow I am not gonna worry about it.
  • This is getting ridiculous. Bring back the old SWGOH.
  • iPro
    17 posts Member
    As someone who is 100% F2P, I saved 17k crystals by placing 1st in ships and top 20 in arena for months, just to be able to squeeze in a shiny new DRevan with ungodly RNG. This new requirement of 17.5k power for 10 new characters to unlock a character that's only available for 2 days and comes out in 2 days is a blatant cash grab by EA since some F2P players were able to get DRevan the first go around. DRevans event wasn't difficult enough to be P2P only, so they added new gear to slow the F2P people down so EAs whales can enjoy controlling the arena for a little longer, then they make a ridiculous power requirement to completely shut out the F2P players again, since we were just starting to get our DRevans to g12 and being able to compete with the whales.

DEAR EA/CG
    Please change your company's way of communicating with the community, and stop disrespecting your F2P players by completely shutting us out
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    This one is for the whales who whale on everything and the fans of kotor who took them up because they're kotor fans.

Tough for the community overall though, because this is the dominant meta. I feel that if Malak creates too big a gap between Sith empire and the rest, it will not be good for the longevity of this game.

Let's see how it plays out.
  • I am FTP and i am ready for this event..maybe will slow grearing malak because of that new gear. Need to hoarding crystal to buy that new gear.
  • I personally like this move. I felt getting DR was way too easy, and with the delay in the event starting, it really opened up for more people to be able to get him. I got him with a g7 Canderous and g8 Juhani, which keeps both before a gear wall, and thereby extremely easy gear-wise. It allowed the others to carry my team and keep up with the new meta, and was ultimately disappointing and lacked a real challenge. Forcing the 17,500 power mark eliminates the scrub teams from making it work. I actually hope it's near impossible with the minimum power requirement. I'm looking forward to the event, and do like how they're trying new ways to release characters in the game, and trying to create a balance between exclusive and general availability.
  • Deku
    2 posts Member
    MAKE THIS EVENT PERMANENT.
    Instead of making this event only last two days make it a new category of event that is permanently available and a goal to work toward rather than a once in a blue moon opportunity to sap the wallets of players who desperately want to be relevant, so many people myself included have forked out so much money just for Darth Revan and now we will be left behind in the dust just because we will be missing Malak because he is hidden behind an entirely new level of pay wall. If you make this event permanent it can be treated as a personal raid for people to work toward rather than a cash grab that will anger the community.
  • 100% FTP and I LOVE this new approach. A bit lucky to be on shards where I can finish in the top spots for arena and fleet but I also created a fleet chat group before crystals came out to make sure I had a competetive advantage. I utilize great resource management and try to anticipate where the game is going. Missed JKR by 2k crystals first time but otherwise been able to get content as it first comes out.

I have the resources to get malak. Stop the complaining, he should be tough to get if you're not wanting to spend. I am very grateful and a bit relieved that despite not spending a single penny on this game I can still compete with others who have literally spent tens of thousands of dollars.
  • If the GP requirement was a little less per character i might have spent the money to do gear them, but I'm short on zetas and omegas; so i'm forced to wait
  • Uninstall?
  • I am FTP and i am ready for this event..maybe will slow grearing malak because of that new gear. Need to hoarding crystal to buy that new gear.

• turgeon2000
    82 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Seriously, Darth Revan cost me so much that I am to much ashame to say the cost... Darth Revan is not dominant in arena, he probably need Malak and man... Lets face it...

This is ridiculous, lets say Darth Revan cost maybe 300-500$ for each of you. Jedi Knight Revan cost also maybe the same amount. That's 600-1000$ for two Revan and then, you need to gear up these character to this much degree. 300-500$ for a toon is already absurd. Its like paying that much for an action figure. I get it that this game need money... But, this is too far!
    THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!
    Star Wars Battlefront 2 had loot boxe before... But at least, we didn't have to pay to f**king play something. (Except the game cost)

What's the next step? Cause you should consider it before doing it...

And like Dooku said : Twice the pride, double the fall

And this game will fall with that kind of step.

By a guy who love this game and really believe in redemption.

Peace