Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

• Madashell
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I have now had the unique experience of spending for gear and waiting then spending for gear for my light side toons. Only to end up with literally no more energy refreshes. 1 more Neuro-saav electrobinocular component required and 1 hour left til the end of the malak event. Yes, you need 50, i have 49....

I have waited for this impossible gear to become obtainable via some regular broadcast for half thr event. only to see what became available for further purchase, was over priced components mostly consisting of gear with rare parts added to over saturated components.
    I am now starting to see being happy with my significant purchase " was not so much a part of this event's plan as taking my $ was.

Would love to upload pics of this. A 3plus year player here. I feel used and may quit over this one!!

U need to fix this!!
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Thanks C.G. I can't say this event was fun or that I even liked it, but it was fair if you farmed correctly or just plain got lucky.

I broke down and spent $30 on crystals at the last minute to buy the remaining Carth O and Juhani shards I needed to unlock Darth Revan at first release.

I have been playing SWGOH since Jan 2016 daily, and haven't spent money on the game since like May 2017 and probably only spent maybe $100 USD total.

I got Malak for free because I hoarded Zetas, gear, and did not bother gearing loser toons like First Order and Wampa. Why people bothered with them is beyond me, they are junk and was never good for anything.

In all honestly, if I didn't unlock Malak I would've been pretty upset spending $30 to unlock Darth Revan when I could've just waited 3 months and not pay a dime.
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    so....this event has been the most not fun i've had in quite awhile....after spending the days leading up to it catching every refresh and farming the gear and mats needed to qualify only to spend 4hrs of infuriating rng dependent failure....of course i'm talking the LS part, cuz the darkside u actually got stronger as it went....oh did i mention each attempt taking ten to twenty minutes each....in every other event, a patient well thought out strategy works, however this half is a dud....at this point i'm tired. tired that this fight is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong ....no more like it please

ps. darkside was ok...sorta
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    I wrote it earlier, I’m just going to reiterate it again:

This is how the legendary events should be. Not doable with one g12 plus the rest poorly geared boys and girls.

It’s a great idea to make power and gear levels count for something, please more of the same in the future.

Note to the unhappy people, there’s always the next time, now you know what to reach for, get to work.

Ps. I don’t have Darth Revan, so don’t try that angle.
  • I'm sure I will get plenty of replies telling me I just didn't do something right or that I just suck but the Malak event left me very frustrated. To have 5 7* characters, all at G12, equipped with my best mods and followed the strategies and not unlock Malak has left me very **** off. Granted, I did not have zetas on MV, JB or Z but I never even came close to defeating Malak. I couldn't kill the droids quick enough to keep his rage down. I will continue to play but I will not give another dime to this game.
  • RawdSW
    150 posts Member
    I finally got Malak after about four or five hours of trying, failing and watching LS strategy videos. I can sum it up with one word - frustration.

You basically forced a low DPS, high survivability JKR squad into a DPS race to make it difficult. A well designed event should play to squad's strengths, not exploit its weaknesses.

It's too late now, but making Malak attack Jedi only with his force drain would have made this event more manageable and still quite challenging.
  • What's your best guess?
  • This event was ridicoulus.. i have kids and dont have the 12 hours a day needed to make this piece of crap event.

Why the f*** could not ds battle and ls battle have the same difficulty?
    So **** right now
  • Thanks C.G. I can't say this event was fun or that I even liked it, but it was fair if you farmed correctly or just plain got lucky.

I broke down and spent $30 on crystals at the last minute to buy the remaining Carth O and Juhani shards I needed to unlock Darth Revan at first release.

I have been playing SWGOH since Jan 2016 daily, and haven't spent money on the game since like May 2017 and probably only spent maybe $100 USD total.

I got Malak for free because I hoarded Zetas, gear, and did not bother gearing loser toons like First Order and Wampa. Why people bothered with them is beyond me, they are junk and was never good for anything.

In all honestly, if I didn't unlock Malak I would've been pretty upset spending $30 to unlock Darth Revan when I could've just waited 3 months and not pay a dime.

I find your forum avatar very fitting. Great choice.
  • IgorConCarne
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Funny how they are so incompetent that they have to rework Malak’s kit immediately after releasing him.
  • I'm getting SICK and tired of this game
  • Softelfor wrote: »
    I'm getting SICK and tired of this game

Amen to that
  • Looks what you did CG! I bet someone was trying the malak event at the notre dame!
  • Ok WHEN are they going to have the next one?! I am irate... I ended up a couple crystal refreshes away and passed out before midnight (central time), so I slept straight through the midnight recycle AND the last two hours of the event!!... But NOT before I spent hundreds on gearing them all up in three days!...words cannot describe.
  • Jouh
    64 posts Member
    I enjoy seeing all these comments like not paying a single dime or quit this game all together.

How many of you are just ranting but keep spending, setting new precedent, and fuel CG desire to continue milk you all. Walk the talk and stop spending on this game.

Spend only when this game deserve it, when the devs are genuinely doing real thing to make this game a better playing experience. Not when u know the devs are milking u all.
  • Daimoisgod
    48 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    And when did anyone say heroes aren't needed to unlock characters? That's been an expectation for a long time, with the speculation being CLS for RotJ Luke or JTR for Ep 9 Rey.

CGCarrie previously said this when there was speculation that CLS would be needed to unlock Jedi Knight Like

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Daimoisgod wrote: »
    CGCarrie previously said this when there was speculation that CLS would be needed to unlock Jedi Knight Like
    When? Where?
    Still not a he.
  • Not sure if it was here or on reddit but when I have chance I will have a search for the thread
  • VAST
    4 posts Member
    After all these years of Seafood Spending on this game, this event has made me put a stop to all future spending. $250 spent on this event to refresh for all the needed gear, and still no Malak. Dark side completed, but couldn't finish Light Side because Zao wasn't 17500. Its just gotten to a point where its not a strategy game anymore. Its gotten to be such a chore instead of the fun it has been, which I've invested heavily over the years. Not leaving the game yet, but I hope to see that CG / EA are paying attention to their "Player First" initiative.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Loved the event difficulty, more please!
  • Monel wrote: »

:o Whaaat? You cray cray.

The event itself I loved. The two paths.

Everything else I hated surrounding how they went about it.

- 2 days notice
    - 2 day event
    - Required 2 journey characters and 8 over 17500 gp (g12 or g11 with zeta).

All to unlock a 5 star character that apparently gets his **** pushed in by the new anikan rework.

Don't worry. I'm sure they'll post Anakin's "fix" Friday on their way out the door.
    Same here. It involved strategy, planning ahead of time, and a LOT of conserved resources. It could have had more notice perhaps, but after the DR rollout and essentially giving everyone plenty of time to get him (which was easy) this helped set the higher GP players apart. As it should be.
  • Machinist
    192 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    They wanted $

The event itself I loved. The two paths.

Everything else I hated surrounding how they went about it.

- 2 days notice
    - 2 day event
    - Required 2 journey characters and 8 over 17500 gp (g12 or g11 with zeta).

All to unlock a 5 star character that apparently gets his **** pushed in by the new anikan rework.

The LS and DS revans followed the story well. Devs wanted to make Malak a nightmare so they could have us blow a ton of $. In kotor Star Forge did not go down like that. It was Revan vs Malak one on one.

If they had a bit of imagination and wanted to actually give us a strategical challenge, they couldve made revan fight through the star forge. Couldve made the trapped jedi one of the the thing to fight against with malak.

All they wanted was $.
  • I had all the characters maxed out and it still was near impossible. Finally got it after putting counterintuitive mods on characters (like nothing but speed on Big Z). Even after finding out HOW to go about beating it, it was still just waiting for the right RNG. Having everyone’s abilities cooled down, and being at the right TM so they could all act before Malak when I finally drop him
    below 50%. I love having a character that so few people have, but this event was horrible. Even being one of the few people to have Malak means surprisingly little since I didn’t have enough GET banked to take him to 7* immediately. Hopefully he’s still going to be useful once I get him there...
  • Banmeong
    129 posts Member
    Blake085 wrote: »
    Another thing, he said that each character has to have a power of 17,500.

Does that mean all of the characters needed to unlock JKR and DR?? Or just the one character that we will bring with JKR and DR to battle Malak??

You need to use four out of the five required to unlock a specific Revan, plus that Revan. All at 17,500 power. Repeat with the other Revan.

So it requires 8 toons with 17500 power. Am I right? No need 10 toons with 17500 yea
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited May 2019

I just saw this post and I give it 10/10 for making me laugh. Thank you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH