Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Already have Malak. The event is showing in event log. Does this mean I can play it again?

I'm assuming yes. Which is very cool.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Epeescott
    2 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    It seems to me that the logical placement of a Malak event would be on the heels of a Darth Revan event, since Darth Revan is required.

I had the required characters for Darth Revan one day after the last event ended, and will probably get Darth Revan on auto now. And, I have all the gear and zeta mats saved to fully G12 and zeta him.

I have also neglected everything else to have all the gear and zeta mats ready for a G12 and zeta Malak, assuming he would be soon after DRevan.

This is a real slap in the face. There is no logical reason to run Malak before DRevan, and I can't imagine they are doing it to intentionally **** people off; nor can I imagine a business reason (i.e. getting people to spend money). Did they just not think about it?

Please fix this.

Edit to add: I see some being upset by the lack of notice - but really, what would anyone have done differently if they had gotten a week or two notice? We all knew it was coming soon, and if you were awaiting these events as I have, you would have farmed what is useful for them.

Edit again to add: I expected Darth Revan at the beginning of September, and Malak a week or two after that.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Epeescott wrote: »
    This is a real slap in the face. There is no logical reason to run Malak before DRevan, and I can't imagine they are doing it to intentionally **** people off; nor can I imagine a business reason (i.e. getting people to spend money). Did they just not think about it?
    That's... not how time works.

It's after Darth Revan. And also before Darth Revan. The only way for a Malak event to not be before Darth Revan is for them to never run another Revan event.

Darth Revan 1 happened. Then Darth Malak 1 happened. Then Darth Revan 2 happened. Now Darth Malak 2 is happening, and porbably a month from now Darth Revan 3 will happen. This is not an unreasonable sequence of events.
    Still not a he.
  • Doesn’t seem to be any rewards but something to do anyway. *Malak event doesn’t follow any cadence. And he’s not cheap. He does make attacks fun. I suggest watching Shaak-ti in your store
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I’m more miffed they’re giving people ONE day notice for this. That’s what’s the most messed up.

Respectful question, only because I'm curious. How many more days would you need to be ready?

Honestly if Malak was coming back next Tuesday (the 20th) I could get enough Zeta mats and gear to make an optimal team considering with GAC and GeoTB my resources went into bugs, droids and separatists. One day notice is kind of ridiculous honestly.

But you keep saying one day notice is the problem.

If you had gotten notice a week ago would it have mattered?

Umm yeah lol. That’s kind of the point. A few extra days and I wouldn’t have spent crucial gear pieces on separatists or geoTB toons and would’ve instead used them on toons like Mission/Zal to get them up to snuff for this event...so...yes. Lol

You got notice when they told us he was coming soon two weeks ago.

Ahh... “soon”...the cryptic word CG throws around that literally has no concrete timeframe. Soon could be a couple weeks, or a couple months.

Announcing and saying “hey DM is coming tomorrow. Good luck!”, Isn’t ok.

Saying “hey DM will be returning next week, good luck!” Actually is. With all the reworks and all the content being released requiring expanded rosters, people haven’t been able to hoard gear or mats like before.

So no, one day notice is not ok and saying something is coming back “soon” isn’t any notice. Here let me try and show you.

The world will end....soon.

Your car will have mechanical issues...soon.

You’ll meet the woman of your dreams....soon.

“Not okay”, lol. They run this game, they can do whatever they want. If you really wanted Malak, you would’ve prepared long before now.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Already have Malak. The event is showing in event log. Does this mean I can play it again?

I'm assuming yes. Which is very cool.

Very cool indeed. Hopefully all events will be replayable going forward. Bravo.
  • Volarr_Skul
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    In other words, you're not 100% ready for Malak.

No need to be rude. My point was that if DR came first, I would be able to get Malak. I think CG screwed up here and should have had Malak run after DR 2, then repeated it next month when DR was due again.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited August 2019

Honestly, this is a win for F2P. Actually maybe dolphins. Or both. Like I’ve said before, CG has locked in all of their players with Malak.

1) Make Malak seem like an event where spending is required (but behind the veil that technically it isn’t)
    2) Release Darth Revan a second time a little early
    3) (And this ones important) Give the Malak spenders an extra long exclusivity period that allows them to excel in a new competitive game mode
    4) Release Malak a second time long after the second DR and NOT concurrently so that smart F2P planners can get him, people who didn’t plan fall short, and DR doesn’t completely flood arenas because those that were hesitant to spend can’t just pay up now unless they were smart and got DR when they could.

CG is attempting to keep all of their tiers of players for the long haul, and Malak was supposed to be the move that dragged everyone in.
  • Thank you CG this is awesome! DR returning for the 3rd time first for some of my guild mates would have been awesome but this is still great !
  • No need to be a **** about it. My point was that if DR came first, I would be able to get Malak. I think CG screwed up here and should have had Malak run after DR 2, then repeated it next month when DR was due again.
    DR did come out first. You failed to get them. Therefore, you are not ready for the Malak event because you failed to prepare for Darth Revan.

And Malak is coming after Darth Revan. It doesn't stop being "after" once a statute of limitations has passed. Darth Revan 2 came. You missed it. Now, you're gonna miss Darth Malak 2 because of your own failure to get in on Darth Revan 2.
    Still not a he.
  • At the very least we've moved on from, "Where's Malak?!?!?!" to "Why wasn't I told Malak was coming back in time to farm everything?!?!?!?" That's...progress...of a kind....I suppose... kinda... right?
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited August 2019

@YaeVizsla uses logic and reason. If you’re going to insult her, no one is going to listen to you.
  • At the very least we've moved on from, "Where's Malak?!?!?!" to "Why wasn't I told Malak was coming back in time to farm everything?!?!?!?" That's...progress...of a kind....I suppose... kinda... right?
    Nihion wrote: »

@YaeVizsla uses logic and reason. If you’re going to insult her, no one is going to listen to you.

Where's my popcorn!! Also. who originated that phrase? Michael Jackson, watching Thriller?
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • In other words, you're not 100% ready for Malak.

No need to be rude. My point was that if DR came first, I would be able to get Malak. I think CG screwed up here and should have had Malak run after DR 2, then repeated it next month when DR was due again.

You're joking right? We already HAD a DR event a second time 2 mths ago.

Why is everyone acting like they were saving money for a PS4, buys an Xbox in between and then complains that they should've released the PS4 a little later because they ran out of money?
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    togdi59qoozc.png

Holy sh... I got him! Two attempts for the DS, 3 for the LS and both sides 3 starred after I moved some mods and watched Ahnald’s videos. I was expecting to spend hours on the light event but everything went according to plan.

He will only be a prestige toon in my collection though as I’m far from being able to seven star him or even bring him to g11. He will not strike fear in my GA opponents’ hearts at all...
  • Big thumbs up for the replayability (is that a word? If not, I hereby invent it).

After all this time, I honestly cannot fathom the notion of anybody who wanted Malak still unready for him. One day's notice? Shouldn't matter from a farming/gearing perspective by now.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    I’m more miffed they’re giving people ONE day notice for this. That’s what’s the most messed up.

Respectful question, only because I'm curious. How many more days would you need to be ready?

Honestly if Malak was coming back next Tuesday (the 20th) I could get enough Zeta mats and gear to make an optimal team considering with GAC and GeoTB my resources went into bugs, droids and separatists. One day notice is kind of ridiculous honestly.

Umm yeah lol. That’s kind of the point. A few extra days and I wouldn’t have spent crucial gear pieces on separatists or geoTB toons and would’ve instead used them on toons like Mission/Zal to get them up to snuff for this event...so...yes. Lol

Ahh... “soon”...the cryptic word CG throws around that literally has no concrete timeframe. Soon could be a couple weeks, or a couple months.

Saying “hey DM will be returning next week, good luck!” Actually is. With all the reworks and all the content being released requiring expanded rosters, people haven’t been able to hoard gear or mats like before.

So no, one day notice is not ok and saying something is coming back “soon” isn’t any notice. Here let me try and show you.

“Not okay”, lol. They run this game, they can do whatever they want. If you really wanted Malak, you would’ve prepared long before now.

Me questioning and rightfully blasting their decision to give only a day notice of the event doesn’t say anything about my preparation for getting Malak. I’ll get him once I get a couple more Zeta mats later tonight. So I will get him.

That doesn’t mean that their new little idea of less than 24 hours of notice should be accepted by the community.

It is their game and they can do what they want sure. However we are the life blood of this game, with our money or time. We shouldn’t be accepting of arbitrary releases and shady practices. If you’re ok with status quo then power to you. However, regardless of my preparation for an event, if its bad form I’m going to speak up about it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Me questioning and rightfully blasting their decision to give only a day notice of the event doesn’t say anything about my preparation for getting Malak. I’ll get him once I get a couple more Zeta mats later tonight. So I will get him.

That doesn’t mean that their new little idea of less than 24 hours of notice should be accepted by the community.

It is their game and they can do what they want sure. However we are the life blood of this game, with our money or time. We shouldn’t be accepting of arbitrary releases and shady practices. If you’re ok with status quo then power to you. However, regardless of my preparation for an event, if its bad form I’m going to speak up about it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

If you’re prepared, then why worry about the notice? Those who prepared will get him; those who didn’t will not. Why should the notice bother you?
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    wrong thread

If you’re prepared, then why worry about the notice? Those who prepared will get him; those who didn’t will not. Why should the notice bother you?

Just because it doesn’t affect me today, doesn’t mean it won’t affect me tomorrow. If you are passive with poor business practices, then eventually it will get to the point that it will affect you and I. There’s no reason to be complacent to bad business by CG. **** it in the bud and demand/expect quality service
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Just because it doesn’t affect me today, doesn’t mean it won’t affect me tomorrow. If you are passive with poor business practices, then eventually it will get to the point that it will affect you and I. There’s no reason to be complacent to bad business by CG. **** it in the bud and demand/expect quality service
    Fact of the matter is, you've had four months of notice.

No matter what the event, no matter when it will come, if it's your priority, get ready for it. Want Malak? You've had the last four months to prep for Malak.

You can question the initial release, but for the second running, regardless of whether they announce the exact date a week in advance or a day in advance, you've had four months to prepare, and the time to prepare was during those four months. That was not the time to make a bunch of guesses at when the event might be, make assumptions about notice, and put off preparing for the event until the last minute.

Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »

No matter what the event, no matter when it will come, if it's your priority, get ready for it. Want Malak? You've had the last four months to prep for Malak.

You can question the initial release, but for the second running, regardless of whether they announce the exact date a week in advance or a day in advance, you've had four months to prepare, and the time to prepare was during those four months. That was not the time to make a bunch of guesses at when the event might be, make assumptions about notice, and put off preparing for the event until the last minute.

Do you read anything I ever write?
    I’m prepared. I’ll get Malak tonight. I’m not worried about Malak.

The first time they released him they gave just over a days notice. Then it ran over the weekend and that was that.

Now they did it again. Starting a trend of little to no notice about an event either returning or beginning for the first time.

If youre ok with this being the new norm then have fun with it. However, I choose to speak up for it being terrible business even when it doesn’t affect me.
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

The first time they released him they gave just over a days notice. Then it ran over the weekend and that was that.

Now they did it again. Starting a trend of little to no notice about an event either returning or beginning for the first time.

If youre ok with this being the new norm then have fun with it. However, I choose to speak up for it being terrible business even when it doesn’t affect me.

But you're not leaving... and neither is anybody else. So why should they care if you want to pout?
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever

It's the abstract "you" laying out the structure of the situation.

I'm well aware that what you're doing is just whining.
    Still not a he.

Prepared? My chars are all like 19-20k each and I still get obliterated no matter what!
  • EricsonX wrote: »

Prepared? My chars are all like 19-20k each and I still get obliterated no matter what!

It's beatable withthat. You just have to get the modding and strat right
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    i got it.
    It was kinda a slow fight on the light side but once you realize the mechanics, kill droids asap, shred Malak and let him eat tenacity and critical immunity buffs, it ended up not being that hard.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

The first time it was odd, I’ll give you that, but it should have also been expected the second time. Bottom line, if you don’t like it, don’t spend. But I guess other people are okay with it.
  • I have tried ls all day long. I have all g12 and fully zetaed except for big z who is zetaed but 2 peices short of g11. I put arena mods on everyone else I have watched several strategy videos. I just don't get it. Every single time I get Malak in the red he drains big z dead even if z had full health. This is the most frustrating thing I have ever seen.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I have tried ls all day long. I have all g12 and fully zetaed except for big z who is zetaed but 2 peices short of g11. I put arena mods on everyone else I have watched several strategy videos. I just don't get it. Every single time I get Malak in the red he drains big z dead even if z had full health. This is the most frustrating thing I have ever seen.
    Read the ability description.

It's a percent damage effect. If you don't have protection, you are going to die.
    Still not a he.