Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

• Why only 17,500 power? Why not 19,000 or 20,000?

Starting to wonder how long I can convince myself I am not playing out the sunk cost fallacy by continuing to invest my time in this game.

bruh
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »
    My original question still remains. If a player has one of the Revan teams can he or she successfully unlock Malak at 5 stars or are both required for the 5 star unlock? Knowing the track record, I fully suspect it will be the latter, but an official answer would be nice on the subject.

Heya,
    Completing both battles will unlock Malak at 5 stars.

Thank you for answering the post, CG_Leviathan.
  • CallumRM92 wrote: »
    I agree with ya.. Why can't I leave it to my "skill" and RNGeezus...

I actually enjoy the challenge of trying to save the gear and take the constant attempts :D

Save the gear? My dude it's a 2 day event and only 2 days long. There is no saving gear lol
  • I'm really excited for our one guild member who will have a 5* Malak.
  • RavingGenius71
    8 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    :Facepalm: when the original wording said any one additional toon (LS & DS) was required at 17500k power I thought I had it made and just needed to gear up DR some more, so bought some crystals. Now 10 minutes later with a reworded post it's hopeless for me. I'm now requesting a refund and definitely rethinking spending any more money on this game. Was happy to be a dolphin before, support the devs, enjoy some new content, but now terribly disappointed.

UPDATE: Received my refund!
  • Which one can you spend money on ? That's right!
    aperingo wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb Will the Jedi Revan and Darth Revan used on the events be the ones we have or will they be provided?
    Im wondering due to mods, zetas and gear

• Wampa
    53 posts Member
    half of my guild just quit, you trying to shut the game down?
  • Roon
    35 posts Member
    G12 with all omegas and 6* mods put you over 17,500. No zetas needed. Step back from the building ledge, people. Either you get Malak now, or you don't. It's not the end of the world. It's only a game. Maybe you should put your phone down and go outside for a bit?
  • Stenun wrote: »
    My original question still remains. If a player has one of the Revan teams can he or she successfully unlock Malak at 5 stars or are both required for the 5 star unlock? Knowing the track record, I fully suspect it will be the latter, but an official answer would be nice on the subject.

Heya,

May I ask why you decided on this event structure?

Because this one’s for the whales. FTP and low spenders have had a very easy time for the past year, whales have had little value. This is the payback, and it’s overdue.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    MistaLeahy wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    This game just went 200% ptp. Name any new changes that are ftp friendly

the beginning of the game :D

I think the liquor is in control 😜

the wanna be jabba in the game has just eaten the hell out of crumb for his stupidity
  • Completely locking your endgame players out of endgame content is not a good idea. Even with raids we can still participate at Lowry tiers. But this? This is just wrong. There are ways to satisfy both endsbbn or spectrum instead of screwing over the other 95% of your player base.

Is someone back there challenging themself to see how long until they crash this game?
  • TydusKlife
    33 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    To me CG shot themself in the foot requiring Darth Revan for this. No amount of spending will get you him so anyone who doesn't have him will just ignore the event let alone spend to try complete part of it for nothing. Also requiring 10 7* characters for a 5* character is extremely ridiculous and a huge jump from anything seen before and I think that will discourage more players than it will attract
  • If you want this game to exist you need to spend money.

If you choose not to do so, then others will. So yeah, they get him.

I mean you have Darth Revan but it’s not enough you need a fully maxed team without having any coin and play the game for free? Nope. This is a small victory for whales.
  • There shouldn’t be a power requirement. Please never do this with another event.
  • I’ve spent plenty of money on this game in the time I’ve played, and this is just too much for me. It will be extra frustrating that he will probably have synergy with drevan, and now all the money I spent on drevan is a bad investment because I can’t do both in this short amount of time, say la vie
  • Roon's right! Great point.
  • DarkArchon
    38 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    So let me get this straight.. 7 star toons and gear levels with good mods isn’t good enough... CG throws in a minimum power “17500” requirement? What a dirty move.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »

Heya,

May I ask why you decided on this event structure?

Because this one’s for the whales. FTP and low spenders have had a very easy time for the past year, whales have had little value. This is the payback, and it’s overdue.

This is true but I’m scared this will be the straw that breaks the camels back. I really hope this doesn’t cause an exodus.

We need people to play. Whales to newbies.
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    I'm really excited for our one guild member who will have a 5* Malak.

also my newly 7* traya is now put to waste
  • TydusKlife wrote: »
    Also requiring 10 7* characters for a 5* character is extremely ridiculous and a huge jump from anything seen before and I think that will discourage more players than it will attract
    CLS and JTR both require ten 7* characters. Most likely speculation puts a future Jedi Luke at twenty.
    Still not a he.
  • I agree more with DarkArch now that I think about it. And I've had 20 posts in 3 years, and multiple ones today? This game!!! LOL!!! Just the CG sized balls on these people.
  • You're doing a super great job CG!!
  • Sawdust wrote: »
    I agree more with DarkArch now that I think about it. And I've had 20 posts in 3 years, and multiple ones today? This game!!! LOL!!! Just the CG sized balls on these people.

i bet they thought there was gonna be positive feedback on this
  • I'm really worried this is going to cost the game a lot of players. Like honestly, the 8 to 5 hard node switch then this short notice g12/ g11+zeta gated event in a matter of days makes me seriously concerned about how they ACTIALLY see the future of this game.
  • Roon
    35 posts Member
    This is utter ****. 17.5k power to even enter? I have a g11 (4/6 pieces) juhani, no zeta, and she's only 16860 power. Does that mean zetas on everyone is mandatory? This is ridiculous.

No zetas needed. Just base G12, all omegas, and 6 star mods.
  • Yeah this event is making me question quitting this game. Sad to say it and haven't said it before but I may think about it.
  • No words... What unbelievable horse manure. Why not just hang a banner in the cantina that says, "THANK YOU FOR ALL THE $$$ WHALES!!! THE REST OF YOU CAN GO BLEEP YOURSELVES."
  • On the other hand, it does make switching the battles from 8 to 5 seem not too bad.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    TydusKlife wrote: »
    Also requiring 10 7* characters for a 5* character is extremely ridiculous and a huge jump from anything seen before and I think that will discourage more players than it will attract
    CLS and JTR both require ten 7* characters. Most likely speculation puts a future Jedi Luke at twenty.

No they each require 5 7* characters and are a 7* unlock