Malak - guild events store?

Is that a typo... because if he's really going to need the guild events store to get 185 more shards and if the currency cost is the same as Wampa/Hyoda. It will take at least 6 TBs and if we're getting 2 TBs a month that would mean 3 months just to get him from 5 to 7 stars.

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    They announced new ppl would come to guild events store some time ago.

So ppl who built a lil stash up (like myself) will get him faster.

And who knows what currency cost will actually be. Could be better, seeing as how it's up there with Chewie and C3 in difficulty. Could be worse
  • the issue here is they have stated on the event description that Malak will NOT be available to anyone in the guild store Until you unlock him at 5*…...the **** pay to play in this game has hit an all new height. the thing I see that is super bad here is everyone that has both darth and JK revan has Most of them toons at gs 12 already so in all honesty those of us that don't have them both wont be spending anyways. so in reality im not sure how they make a significant amount of money on this.
  • 212Attack wrote: »
    the issue here is they have stated on the event description that Malak will NOT be available to anyone in the guild store Until you unlock him at 5*…...the **** pay to play in this game has hit an all new height. the thing I see that is super bad here is everyone that has both darth and JK revan has Most of them toons at gs 12 already so in all honesty those of us that don't have them both wont be spending anyways. so in reality im not sure how they make a significant amount of money on this.

Then how is it pay to win? If those people aren't going to be paying to get him...
  • From the road ahead in January:

as0bukww2uxq.jpeg

If you weren’t stockpiling GET, well no one to blame but yourself.
  • When TB's were first launched I had a guild mate tell me to stockpile 90k GET before starting to spend. "This way you'll be ready to get an entire toon as fast as possible af it drops", he said.

I was like: "No F'ing way! I need Hyoda, Wampa and all this shiny G12 gear ....".

Guess who's having to wait for at least 6 TBs before being able to get Malak to 7*
    - IF he's 270 GET pr. shard like Hyoda and Wampa.
    - IF I even unlock Malak in the first place.

Great effort from CG to first paywall the 5* unlock and then make sure that only higher end guilds have a chance to farm him to 7* any time soon (unless you banked 50k GET like my previous guild mate surely did).
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I was already hoarding when they announced in January that a new character might come to the Guild Event Store. Then when they announced it I hoarded more thinking I would need at least 90,000 (approximately what hyoda and wampa cost). The result?

xkwelin0wvnq.jpeg

As with everything in this game, if you read the posts and planned ahead you’ll be ready. If you didn’t, well I’m sure Malak will till be usable at 5*.
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    As with everything in this game, if you read the posts and planned ahead you’ll be ready. If you didn’t, well I’m sure Malak will till be usable at 5*.

And even then a 3 months timeframe for enough TBs to come around, is still not that bad...

• Mhh i missed that part.. i have 700 GET saved :/
  • Krjstoff wrote: »
    Ikky2win wrote: »

And even then a 3 months timeframe for enough TBs to come around, is still not that bad...

Its my plan too. If its a good character, 5* should be enough for now. By the time a new meta comes in a few months, he'll be 7* anyway.

If its not a good character.. well, then im not going to waste all my resources to get him anyway.
  • This happens every time a new character is released, and every time a new character comes it does one thing: makes it easier for the P2P to win in arena. The F2P still have a counter. I am on a Nov shard and each time the meta shifts, there are noobs under 3M GP taking first. Way worse mods, but just getting a comp together that CAN win. Even if you don't have Malak there will be a counter that you don't even have to figure out cause someone else will for you, and you can go back to pushing buttons and whining about something else.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    He'll be just fine at 5*. His survivability is granted by stacking up protection (for which you don't even need sliced mods) since it gets converted into health. His dmg (at least on his special) is completely based on your opponents max health and we can assume his basic is gonna be the usual wet noodle hit that nearly all tanks share. And as the teams tank speed might not even be important for him either so G12 + sliced mods are not the top priority.

tl;dr: chill
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg