Serious discussion on future mods?

BaneisOP
12 posts Member
edited December 2015
Things I would like to see in the future...

1. Character Unlocks(event keys): A mini game system, similar to Mortal Kombat X and Injustice: God amongst us (they are both game apps, available in many platforms); where you have a new character update every once in a while and you are given the option to either buy the bundle OR to engage in a combat with AI team that consists of different synergy and tactics, varying in level, ability and so on...

There is a system in this mini-game, where if you do not wish to fight the AI team, you can pay in-game currency to skip a fight and get closer to a boss fight. (Winning the boss fight will allow the player to move on to another chapter, providing them with various rewards... the catch is, if the player gets to win all the matches, he/she then receive the featured character for free.
With that being said, the challenge is very difficult and would ultimately encourage the player to either give their best shot and obtain as much reward as they can or to spend extra money or gems to complete the challenge. This way, many players will stop complaining and whining about the over priced bundle and they also have a chance (a small one) at completing the challenge.

2. PvP Arena video: An update, where in the future you can watch videos of how your match went, this way, if you won, you get to improve your strategies to maximise your potential winning rate and if you lose, you can change/modify your squad to improve your tactical advantage.

I believe by doing this the game would be more enjoyable, as players get to explore and analyse character and squads in greater depth, providing them with enhance gameplay experience.

3. Alliances: Players would be able to form alliances and to compete with other alliances online, just like in PvP the alliances in top gets the right to higher rewards.

4. More characters: I believe that there would be plenty more characters in the future, but as of now, there is not many (or rather the meta is still quite the same), time after time, I see Dooku, Barriss, Chewie and Sid...like seriously I have Sidious myself, as it was easy to obtain and I believe he is top tier character, but seriously I think the game need more characters as players are either too lazy or does not have enough time to invest in arena and other play modes.
Post edited by BaneisOP on

Replies

• What about a chat system? Where you can chat with the people on your server.

Also another thing is "Live PVP" where you can play against others Live and able to "Wager" Crystals, green gems, gold ect.
    (Maybe not crystals as people can just make new accounts and farm them)
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • KTroy24 wrote: »
    What about a chat system? Where you can chat with the people on your server.

Also another thing is "Live PVP" where you can play against others Live and able to "Wager" Crystals, green gems, gold ect.

That would be fantastic, I agree with no gem, otherwise one of the main account can literally exploit the system. Chat would be interesting, but I think majority of the time it would be to promote the alliance or ask for ally code, who knows? I'm not sure, but does sound like a decent idea to me.
  • KTroy24 wrote: »
    What about a chat system? Where you can chat with the people on your server.

I think chat is probably planned, the guy sitting in the cantina to the right of the dark side table has hologram heads floating above his table. Seems like a natural place to add it.

Also, the ship holograms in front of the Hutt and Biggs Darklighter's toon description says "ship synergy" hint at that feature, so pretty sure that's coming too at some point.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • "WORTH A READ" eh? in caps at that. It's arrogant, as it implies that content is better that any other post, which it is not. Stop with this shameless self-promotion. More adequate title would be "Please consider reading my suggestions" DUH...generation selfie....
  • CptKloss wrote: »
    "WORTH A READ" eh? in caps at that. It's arrogant, as it implies that content is better that any other post, which it is not. Stop with this shameless self-promotion. More adequate title would be "Please consider reading my suggestions" DUH...generation selfie....

haha, sorry dude, if it gave you an idea like that... I do not particularly think of my post to be better than others, just wanted to bring attention, as players on different forums have come up with different ideas of how the game should be like in the future
  • I like these ideas. One that just came to my head that probably would suck, but sounds neat while I've been drinking:

Something involving teaming up with other players in real-time to take on levels. Could be a boss, or just special levels with special rewards. This would mean that you would all need to depend on each other and know how your characters work together and what not. Could be a random match up which would be kinda funny to see who u get partnered with, or could be structured meaning someone goes the tank role, someone goes the healer, someone for dps, etc.

There could be certain measures in place to help prevent people from getting dicked over. For example, if someone leaves in the middle of a match, it auto searches for a new player using the same character. Or, if someone afk's, it auto kicks them after X amount of idle time. Other considerations could be that if you die, you have the option to spectate (unless someone can revive you) or leave the game and get rewards send to ur inbox if ur team wins the match.
  • I like these ideas. One that just came to my head that probably would suck, but sounds neat while I've been drinking:

Something involving teaming up with other players in real-time to take on levels. Could be a boss, or just special levels with special rewards. This would mean that you would all need to depend on each other and know how your characters work together and what not. Could be a random match up which would be kinda funny to see who u get partnered with, or could be structured meaning someone goes the tank role, someone goes the healer, someone for dps, etc.

There could be certain measures in place to help prevent people from getting dicked over. For example, if someone leaves in the middle of a match, it auto searches for a new player using the same character. Or, if someone afk's, it auto kicks them after X amount of idle time. Other considerations could be that if you die, you have the option to spectate (unless someone can revive you) or leave the game and get rewards send to ur inbox if ur team wins the match.

Man, I think your idea sound solid, it would probably be really difficult to imply though for the EA team, presumably...nevertheless, I think if they were to implement your idea, it would be for the best that you will get teamed with someone around the same level/power
  • BaneisOP wrote: »
    I like these ideas. One that just came to my head that probably would suck, but sounds neat while I've been drinking:

Man, I think your idea sound solid, it would probably be really difficult to imply though for the EA team, presumably...nevertheless, I think if they were to implement your idea, it would be for the best that you will get teamed with someone around the same level/power

Oh yeah, no doubt. The structured part could fit in with alliances too. You could do runs with members of your alliance where u all pick ur characters and que up, so you know who's playing who and what their role is ahead of time.
  • I would love the idea to be more interactive with players and friends. I dont use the "chewy" ally assist options that many missions only offer me from my allies..id like to pick FROM my allies what character I would like to use, when i know they have old ben, or barriss...

I sense that theres a lot of focus on team synergy, but theres 0% on player+player synergy. The idea is very flopped, and i would love to see creative solutions to make this game more interactive, playable, and in the end, enjoyable.

Im not supportive of ways for this game to make more money, because when the game puts profits infront of its players, it shows. What i support is a game more enjoyable for all that allows us to interact as a community with the iconic starwar characters we all love.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    zeekdog wrote: »
    I would love the idea to be more interactive with players and friends. I dont use the "chewy" ally assist options that many missions only offer me from my allies..id like to pick FROM my allies what character I would like to use, when i know they have old ben, or barriss...
    This would be nice.

In the mean time we've figured out how ally sharing works so you can help your allies by making the Heroes they want available.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1771/ally-profile-hero#latest
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot