Don’t like where this is going

I feel there has been a blatant cash grab lately, what with the gear requirements for a journey (DR) being so high after they previously stated that journeys wasn’t about character strength.

And now... 17.5k power on all characters means g12 if you don’t have the zetas which most of us don’t. Buying gear for 6 useless characters, and only a 3 day window is a blatant cash grab. So you’re realistically talking 500 pound plus if you’re sat on g8-9 which most of us are on those characters.

I don’t mind whaling occasionally for a unique toon and clear advantage, however it now seems to be required monthly to stay competitive in this game.

Having spent over 3k on this game in 3+ years I’m at a point now in which I’m reluctant to spend a penny and very close to uninstalling.

Rant over, sure I’ll get some hate but just my opinion on the current state of this game.

Replies

• Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    "Predatory" is the word you're looking for. EA simply realised that they can't even outsmart their own community, so they have to put heavier restraints on some things to actually force people to spend and their CG good bois can't unfortunately do much about this.
  • Just curious as to if there will ever be a fun event that the whole community can enjoy for free. Kind of like the old gear events involving farmer Luke a couple years back. Once in a while wouldn’t hurt and would encourage more players and therefor more revenue down the line. This just seems like a very short sighted move by EA/CG
  • I have the characters starred and mildly geared. Jolee and both bast g12. Canderous and carth g11. But the rest I’m miles off. As for stock piling zetas how do you suppose that’s possible when I just stuck 5 on DR and HK. Then 1 on carth to unlock in first place. That’s 6 zetas in the last few weeks alone, I haven’t had a single zeta from challenges this week so you simply can’t prepare for that. It’s not possible, it’s more guess work.
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    If you were competitive in the game you'd have most of these characters ready. If you were prepared as you should be FTP for events, you'd have Zetas and gear already stocked up "just in case".

I didn't, but I was fully aware of the risk I took. In fact it'll cost me a vault to get needed characters geared.

I have no problem with this because there was a FTP route available and makes things a little more exclusive.

Overall, I just need to do a little better with my resource management and I'll be fine next time.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    You should have Bastila and Jolee G12 already anyway, the same for Nasty Basty and HK if you want to use DR. Mission and Zaalbar are great for GA/TW, so no waste there. And you said yourself that you had to gear the characters needed for DR.
  • Love for game is gone... they kill it...im hanging by a thread here. I know- they dont care about players like me. Ehhh. Time to look for new game now. Any suggestions?
  • I have them geared @Nauros , but that’s only 4 of 10. Still miles off.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    The world does not end if you dont get him the first time.

And simply because no one has said it and it doesnt seem like a proper "General Discussion" forum without an active thread on the subject:

This can all be blamed on Shard Chat crystal Mafias.

:)
  • No one said it did. But they hid DR behind a p2p gear wall, then made Malak the missing piece to make him a true meta character, which is yet again behind another pay wall.
    VonZant wrote: »

And simply because no one has said it and it doesnt seem like a proper "General Discussion" forum without an active thread on the subject:

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I have them geared @Nauros , but that’s only 4 of 10. Still miles off.

4 of 8, actually, you don't need all 10. Not much better, but better still.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Buying gear for 6 useless characters, and only a 3 day window is a blatant cash grab. So you’re realistically talking 500 pound plus if you’re sat on g8-9 which most of us are on those characters.
    You think those characters are useless?
    9zd9s7dwlil5.jpg
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • @NicWester to an extent yes. I don’t have them, yet I’ve never lost a grand arena match. Useless may be the wrong word but there’s several better factions to invest in for TW/GA
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    Honestly, everyone who is willing to spend money for microtransactions within a game should be aware that this is ALWAYS short-term benefit, and leads to nowhere long-term except to spend even more money if you want to hold status quo.

What you're buying today means nothing in a few months, so it's everybodies own decision to "invest" in digital data, with the risk that everything might be lost someday ;)
  • I love how the useless, devs and mods have moved this thread because that clearly shows I’m right. Sad sad bunch that they can’t handle very fair criticism and choose to silence you.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    No one said it did. But they hid DR behind a p2p gear wall, then made Malak the missing piece to make him a true meta character, which is yet again behind another pay wall.
    VonZant wrote: »

Just look at it as a single paywall. DR was relatively easy to get compared to JKR.

In a previous thread...I calculate the cost of JKR around 40K crystals...DSR was like half that. Add the 5600 crystals for new gear and another 15K for the gearing of the other tons...you are at about even.

The worst part is the lack of transparency. People spent crystal and gears to work their DR arena teams (like Sith Assassin and Sith Trooper) that could have been used to work up the toons needed for Malak.

It's better to tackle one huge mountain than climb a medium mountain only to see another mountain behind it.
  • @Calbear949 I used about 60k crystals for DR. I wasn’t prepared for the gear requirements and then the paywall. His g12 was horrendous too, by far the most expensive toon to gear. Obviously that wasn’t needed instantly, but to even unlock I was at over 40k
  • @NicWester to an extent yes. I don’t have them, yet I’ve never lost a grand arena match. Useless may be the wrong word but there’s several better factions to invest in for TW/GA

Just because you dont use them doesnt make them useless. I dont use JKR but he is far from useless.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • @Calbear949 I used about 60k crystals for DR. I wasn’t prepared for the gear requirements and then the paywall. His g12 was horrendous too, by far the most expensive toon to gear. Obviously that wasn’t needed instantly, but to even unlock I was at over 40k

You mean to gear. I don't remember if he was any harder than JKR other than the new pieces.

I meant just to farm the characters needed for the challenge....DR was pretty easy to get if you started farming character when they went f2p.
  • If they was that useful then surely I’d come unstuck against them in GA. but never have @Riffinator
  • If they was that useful then surely I’d come unstuck against them in GA. but never have @Riffinator

No, just cause you whaled on them doesnt mean you actually know how to use then. Money =/= experience. If you actually took the time to learn how to use them I'm sure you would change your mind
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    If they was that useful then surely I’d come unstuck against them in GA. but never have @Riffinator

No, just cause you whaled on them doesnt mean you actually know how to use then. Money =/= experience. If you actually took the time to learn how to use them I'm sure you would change your mind

I don't know about Malak but DR is definitely a soft meta..several teams can beat it.
  • Agreed @Calbear949 it’s far from JKR or traya meta. And @Riffinator I’ve played the game for over 3 years and take 1st in arena, 1st in raids (when I bother) so I know how to play the game. There’s better factions than the OR fodder which was needed for unlocks and that’s a fact.
  • Agreed @Calbear949 it’s far from JKR or traya meta. And @Riffinator I’ve played the game for over 3 years and take 1st in arena, 1st in raids (when I bother) so I know how to play the game. There’s better factions than the OR fodder which was needed for unlocks and that’s a fact.

And? Congrats you can raid but you cant gear basic toons. Wait......

OR toons are great in TW and GA. They are certainly much better than most of the other teams that were required:

FO for BB8
    Vet toons for JKR
    Ewoks for C3p0
    BH for Chewy (this probably a tie with OR toons)
  • Still missing the point aren’t you @Riffinator just trying to give it big man when in fact you failed to read or understand the comment, and then respond with stupid statements. Several other factions beat your beloved OR toons, fact. Stop quoting me off subject cause you have no answer for the facts.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I love how the useless, devs and mods have moved this thread because that clearly shows I’m right. Sad sad bunch that they can’t handle very fair criticism and choose to silence you.

Because this is the literal definition of feedback.

More to the point, you don't seem to understand that the purpose of the feedback forum is that this is where the developers actually read. You think they're looking at all the posts in General Discussion? Being sent to feedback is where you WANT your posts--unless all you want is attention from the masses.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Still missing the point aren’t you @Riffinator just trying to give it big man when in fact you failed to read or understand the comment, and then respond with stupid statements. Several other factions beat your beloved OR toons, fact. Stop quoting me off subject cause you have no answer for the facts.

First of just cause something can be beat by something else doesnt mean its bad, anything can be beaten by something else. second i havent been quoting you "off topic" you just have failed to see the obvious connection so that parts on you. Third, none of this matters cause you didnt gear the OR toons so you wont get Malak. thats the biggest joke on you and nothing you say will fix it.
  • @Riffinator I’m sure there’s a million others that didn’t gear the JKR unlock fodder. Good day to you
  • @Riffinator I’m sure there’s a million others that didn’t gear the JKR unlock fodder. Good day to you

And they wont get Malak it's a really weird cause and effect situation. That the rest of us figured out already.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Just curious as to if there will ever be a fun event that the whole community can enjoy for free. Kind of like the old gear events involving farmer Luke a couple years back. Once in a while wouldn’t hurt and would encourage more players and therefor more revenue down the line. This just seems like a very short sighted move by EA/CG

Every single event can be enjoyed by the whole community for free, just not at the same time.
    Adding to that, i sure as heck would enjoy unlocking a new toon a whole lot less if the entire playerbase unlocked said toon at the same time. Exclusivity is part of the fun.
    Save water, drink champagne!