Kit Reveal: Darth Malak

Replies

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    They didn't seriously name an ability "Jaws of Life," did they? Hopefully they change that when they fiddle with his kit. So much for suspension of disbelief.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Thats the point! The lines arent connected here!

You should be able to unlock him with ONE REVAN!
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Machinist
    192 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Ryanwhales wrote: »
    Thats the point! The lines arent connected here!

You should be able to unlock him with ONE REVAN!

EXACTLY! Malak even says it in the game "We shall finish this alone in the ancient Sith tradition: master versus apprentice, as it was meant to be!"

"ALONE... MASTER VERSES APPRENTICE, AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE!"
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    That would be a boring event, and purely a test of mods.

Having a one-on-one duel for one phase of a journey is one thing. Making it the entire event, though, would be boring.

It's an acceptable compromise for gameplay.
    Still not a he.
  • Well, thats
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    That would be a boring event, and purely a test of mods.

Having a one-on-one duel for one phase of a journey is one thing. Making it the entire event, though, would be boring.

It's an acceptable compromise for gameplay.

No one said that it has to be boring or easy. One of the things you need to do in the game when fighting malak is destroy malaks source of power and let the jedi in a place between life and death from dantooine become one with the force. With a little imagination they could have put those as an obstacle.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Machinist wrote: »
    No one said that it has to be boring or easy. One of the things you need to do in the game when fighting malak is destroy malaks source of power and let the jedi in a place between life and death from dantooine become one with the force. With a little imagination they could have put those as an obstacle.
    I Force pushed him into a corner until he croaked.

That said, that kind of complexity in this format of game is hard to do in any meaningful way when you've just got one toon. There's a reason why the single-character parts of journey events are more narrative and aesthetic than actual puzzles or challenges.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    I Force pushed him into a corner until he croaked.

That said, that kind of complexity in this format of game is hard to do in any meaningful way when you've just got one toon. There's a reason why the single-character parts of journey events are more narrative and aesthetic than actual puzzles or challenges.

Read the whole thing-

"destroy malaks source of power and let the jedi in a place between life and death from dantooine become one with the force. With a little imagination they could have put those as an obstacle."
  • Machinist
    192 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Couldve been better if you faught your way through the star forge and fight malak at the end.

They shouldve followed the story line and made it a week long event.

Rather they wanted money so instead of giving a nice event, they made malak a god and told us to fight for him.

They need more creative people on the team
  • Having tried this event for a few hours- I can confirm CG has no idea what they are doing. If this event was supposed to generate revenue for EA, it will achieve exactly the opposite. It will make people rethink where might invest their game money. There are plenty of other games in which EA or CG are not involved and they provide much more player enjoyment. Whilst player enjoy challenges which require them to solve puzzles – it is pointless to provide a puzzle for which reason and logic cannot solve. This event is all about pure luck with the RNG. In short it has made me rethink whether I want to continue because if this is the direction this game is going I want no part of it. The challenge of the game has gone and probably will never return. It sucks what CG has done this event.
  • Ariki wrote: »
    Having tried this event for a few hours- I can confirm CG has no idea what they are doing. If this event was supposed to generate revenue for EA, it will achieve exactly the opposite. It will make people rethink where might invest their game money. There are plenty of other games in which EA or CG are not involved and they provide much more player enjoyment. Whilst player enjoy challenges which require them to solve puzzles – it is pointless to provide a puzzle for which reason and logic cannot solve. This event is all about pure luck with the RNG. In short it has made me rethink whether I want to continue because if this is the direction this game is going I want no part of it. The challenge of the game has gone and probably will never return. It sucks what CG has done this event.

My characters arent up to the standards. Is the event tough?

• My characters arent up to the standards. Is the event tough?[/quote]

It beyond tough because you can’t apply any logic to beat Malak - I relays purely on luck whether you can get to the end. It would not matter whether you had just barely over the power level requirement or whether you had max characters and max mods. Like I said CG doesn’t know what it is doing anymore - it thought this would generate a lot os cash for them - all,it generates is a lot of player dissatisfaction

• Jesus_Christ
    9 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Will we ever get the ravager as a command ship for nihilous. And why is malak not a leader. He’s the main antagonist in the game as the enemy leader of the sith.... the force drain is nice but it’s not an instant kill
  • Machinist
    192 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Ariki wrote: »

It beyond tough because you can’t apply any logic to beat Malak - I relays purely on luck whether you can get to the end. It would not matter whether you had just barely over the power level requirement or whether you had max characters and max mods. Like I said CG doesn’t know what it is doing anymore - it thought this would generate a lot os cash for them - all,it generates is a lot of player dissatisfaction

Does it at least look like star forge? Did you unlock him?
  • kalidor wrote: »
    They didn't seriously name an ability "Jaws of Life," did they? Hopefully they change that when they fiddle with his kit. So much for suspension of disbelief.

I like the little icon of his jaw in case someone misses the pun :) "Gnawing terror" is kind of cute too.
  • Long story short:

The Dark Side part of the Malak event is awesome and not that hard... some real “Hulk Smash” kind of stuff. The Light Side part of the Malak event is awesome and very very very hard... a real balancing game. And Malak is a great character. A fitting culmination to the KOTOR arc of this game.

Now let’s get on to something else... something that’s just fun and not such high stakes. I love KOTOR as much as anyone, but I’m kind of burnt out right now.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited April 2019

Get good. The event (LS) is hard, very hard, yes. But it's beatable with the right strategy. So step up, stop whining, read through it, apply the right strategy and you can beat it (people have done it with G11 chars, without Mission, even without Zaalbar).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    Having tried this event for a few hours- I can confirm CG has no idea what they are doing. If this event was supposed to generate revenue for EA, it will achieve exactly the opposite. It will make people rethink where might invest their game money. There are plenty of other games in which EA or CG are not involved and they provide much more player enjoyment. Whilst player enjoy challenges which require them to solve puzzles – it is pointless to provide a puzzle for which reason and logic cannot solve. This event is all about pure luck with the RNG. In short it has made me rethink whether I want to continue because if this is the direction this game is going I want no part of it. The challenge of the game has gone and probably will never return. It sucks what CG has done this event.

My characters arent up to the standards. Is the event tough?

The dark side path is hilariously easy. Basically you just kill a few waves of droids, kill the tanks, and then when Malak has Corrupted Battle Meditation you can pretty much one-shot him with Darth Revan's basic.

The light side path is brutal. It's not "100% RNG" as Ariki wrote - once you know what you're doing, you can consistently get all of the tanks down with Malak at a manageable level of rage.

The issue is that once you start damaging him, there's a large element of luck to whether you can kill him before he Life Drains your team to death. The light side team just doesn't have that much damage output and the only meaningful debuff they can hit him with is Armor Shred. Basically, you're going to lose Mission and Zaalbar almost immediately once he starts draining, and after that you need to pray that he either skips using Life Drain when it's off cooldown (he does sometimes, no idea why) or that he drains your remaining 3 characters in an order that lets them stay alive to keep pounding him.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Does Gnawing Terror (Zeta) work if Malak has Corrupted Battle Meditation? I looked and couldn't find it here on the Forum (I apologize if this was already answered).
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Does Gnawing Terror (Zeta) work if Malak has Corrupted Battle Meditation? I looked and couldn't find it here on the Forum (I apologize if this was already answered).
    It should
  • Does Gnawing Terror (Zeta) work if Malak has Corrupted Battle Meditation? I looked and couldn't find it here on the Forum (I apologize if this was already answered).

It should cause its a unique causing the fear not an ability causing it
  • 7g4lkh4tzemg.png
    This changing kill the zeta lead from Palpy and Maul also the zeta from Savage and Assa are also trash. This changing is the wrong way. After this changing are only one Team in the Arena. Thats the wrong way.
  • Lordih wrote: »
    7g4lkh4tzemg.png
    This changing kill the zeta lead from Palpy and Maul also the zeta from Savage and Assa are also trash. This changing is the wrong way. After this changing are only one Team in the Arena. Thats the wrong way.

There will be 2 teams not 1 jkr and dr and a 3rd in a couple to few months if i guess by whst the said
  • Lordih
    62 posts Member
    Lordih wrote: »
    7g4lkh4tzemg.png

There will be 2 teams not 1 jkr and dr and a 3rd in a couple to few months if i guess by whst the said

Jkr is dead Palpy Next week. There are only one Team Drevan with Malak

the times before the sithraid were beautiful one has in the arena jtr night sisters cls rex palpy now and again first order. and now for six months only Jkr and the next six months will only be Drevan. that's something of a variety. that does it all, but no fun. I myself have malak too. but so far I do not let him into the arena. with the changes, I must probably jump on the mainstream. Like it or not.
  • Lordih wrote: »
    7g4lkh4tzemg.png

Jkr is dead Palpy Next week. There are only one Team Drevan with Malak

the times before the sithraid were beautiful one has in the arena jtr night sisters cls rex palpy now and again first order. and now for six months only Jkr and the next six months will only be Drevan. that's something of a variety. that does it all, but no fun. I myself have malak too. but so far I do not let him into the arena. with the changes, I must probably jump on the mainstream. Like it or not.

Jkr isnt dead still plenty in my shard that climbs threw darth revan with malaks its not a hard counter but they can win theres an ezera video that shows jkr beating dr with malak and i expect emp to be kicked out of the top dont think he deserves it atn same with any old meta older then traya and i think aall new meta diversity will be pre determined and only those will be allowed aka legendary, heroes journey and mythic battle teams and they will probably rotate out older ones as time goes on thats what i get out of the road ahead when they said a diverse meta in the FUTURE and it will TAKE some TIME as in 3+ months plus it wasent in the road ahead part if the post but just above where the road ahead started so no need to be with in the quarter
  • dimi4a wrote: »
    7g4lkh4tzemg.png

Malak will shut down both JKR and Palp teams and Drevalak teams will gain 80% of the meta. There goes the rock-paper-scissors meta that CG told they were aiming at. Honestly these people should all be fired!

Yes offense dr/malak beat jkr but jkr can win also might have to swap gk out for ezera theres a video about it and it does win. You are only reading what u wsnted from when they said a diverse meta and not realizing they said a diverse meta in the FUTURE and it will TAKE some TIME as in will take a few months and it wont be now so guessing 3+ months when the next meta toon comes in.

Also u got jkr, dr and dr w/malak teams so 3 different comps and more depending on how u look at it but yes 2 leaders atm still more diverse then jkr was
  • Irisil
    8 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    :|
  • Blackblooded
    17 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Doesn't matter. The only counter was zep which is getting nerfed. Malek gets a buff....0 counter now. All speeds mods now. Well done CG. Slow clap. 🐳. Waiting for the next way the game will be changed for CG to make more money
    #cashcrab
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Kevan can still take Devan.
    Still not a he.