(Mega) Content Update 4/11/2019

Prev13
Vampire_X
1435 posts Moderator
edited April 2019
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
Hi Holotable Heroes!
Here is all the new content you’ll find after today’s update, 4/11/2019.
1qmqgktt1ua2.png

CHARACTERS AND SHIPS
For more info on these units, check out the kit reveals and strategy guides below:

CHANGES
  • Gear XII salvage is now farmable from Light Side Battles Stage 9 and Dark Side Battles Stage 9
  • Platoons in the Rebel Assault and Imperial Retaliation Territory Battles are no longer random in any phase. See here for more details.
  • Platoons in the Rebel Assault and Imperial Retaliation Territory Battles will no longer include newly released characters
  • Darth Malak shards will appear in the Guild Event Store when you unlock Darth Malak at Five Stars.
  • The "Sith Spirit" in the Legend of the Old Republic event has been changed to use the character model for Ajunta Pall's Spirit, and the dialogs in missions where it appears have been adjusted accordingly to indicate it is the specific spirit of Ajunta Pall.
  • We have added mod slicing materials to Shipments. To celebrate, these materials will be offered at a reduced price for a limited time. We’ll notify you when their pricing returns to normal via patch notes.
  • The Hard Node action cap has been changed from 8 to 5. This change applies to Light Side Nodes, Dark Side Nodes, and Fleet Battle Nodes.
  • Changed the Rebel Officer Leia Organa and Imperial Probe Droid Shards earned in Territory Battles special events from 2 to 1.

EVENTS
Star Forge Showdown - Darth Malak
The time has come to challenge Darth Malak. Will you bring Jedi Knight Revan to defeat Malak and save the galaxy, or will you bring Darth Revan to defeat a former friend and apprentice to reclaim the Sith Empire?
Unlocking Darth Malak will be no easy task. Complete your journey to the light or dark side by proving yourself in the fighting arena, combating old allies, battling merciless bounty hunters, and reliving the legends of the Old Republic.

• Event: April 12th - April14th

SHARD SHUFFLE
These characters or ships are now available in the following locations:

The Ebon Hawk
  • The Ebon Hawk is now available in Fleet Data Cards, Fleet Packs, and Shipments. Collect this Old Republic ship today!

PACKS AND BUNDLES
Gear XII+ Mega-Bundle I
Three of the most powerful Gear XII+ pieces are now available in this extremely rare bundle. Power up your best characters with:
  • Mk 12 ArmaTek Datapad
  • Mk 12 ArmaTek Key Pad
  • Mk 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens
  • Crystals
  • Ability Mats
Date available: April 12th
Minimum Level requirements: 85+
Maximum # Purchases: 1

Gear XII+ Mega-Bundle II
Three of the most powerful Gear XII+ pieces are now available in this extremely rare bundle. Power up your best characters with:
  • Mk 12 ArmaTek Thermal Detonator
  • Mk 12 ArmaTek Fusion Furnace
  • Mk 12 ArmaTek Stun Gun
  • Crystals
  • Ability Mats

Gear XII Mega-Bundle I
Rare Gear XII Bundles are now in store for a limited time. Level up your characters with:
  • Mk 12 ArmaTek Armor Plating
  • Mk 12 ArmaTek Bayonet
  • Mk 12 ArmaTek Visor
  • Crystals
  • Ability Mats

Gear XII Mega-Bundle II
Rare Gear XII Bundles are now in store for a limited time. Level up your characters with:
  • Mk 12 ArmaTek Medpac
  • Mk 12 ArmaTek Multi-tool
  • Mk 12 ArmaTek Tactical Data
  • Crystals
  • Ability Mats

Gear Mega-Bundle
Power up your characters with these effective Gear Bundles, now in store for a limited time. Bundle includes:
  • Mk 8 BioTech Implant
  • Mk 5 A/KT Stun Gun
  • Mk 4 Sienar Holo Projector
  • Crystals
  • Ability Mats

Gear Mega-Bundle I
Power up your characters with these effective Gear Bundles, now in store for a limited time. Bundle includes:
  • Mk 7 Nubian Security Scanner
  • Mk 5 Athakam Medpac
  • Crystals
  • Ability Mats

Gear Mega-Bundle II
  • Mk 9 Fabritech Data Pad
  • Mk 5 Arakyd Droid Caller
  • Crystals
  • Ability Mats

Gear Mega-Bundle III
  • Mk 5 Merr-Sonn Thermal Detonator
  • Mk 3 Czerka Stun Cuffs
  • Crystals
  • Ability Mats

PVE Energy Pack
For a limited time, the PVE Energy Pack is back! Use it to get Energy for Light Side and Dark Side Battles.
600 Crystals
Minimum Level requirements: 40+
Maximum # Purchases: 1 per Day

Ability Materials Mega-Pack
For a limited time, the Ability Materials Mega-Pack is back! Use it to upgrade your characters' abilities. This pack will grant at least 9 Omega Ability Materials and 20 Mk III Ability Materials - and may grant up to 25 Omega Ability Materials and 50 Mk III Ability Materials!
1699 Crystals
Minimum Level requirements: 70+

FIXES
  • UNIT - Bastila Shan (Fallen) will now use her ability "Wild Lighting" during auto or on defense.
  • UNIT - Fixed a bug where Savage Opress' "Brute" could sometimes grant Offense Up and Defense Up for an incorrect duration at lower ability levels.
  • UNIT - Fixed a bug where Savage Opress' "Brute" would only boost Attack Damage with Offense Up.
  • UNIT - Fixed an issue that caused First Order Officer to ignore damage immunity with his "Pinning Shot".
  • UNIT - Fixed an issue where B1 Battle Droid's basic attack could recover negative Protection if the allied leader was Darth Nihilus.
  • UNIT - General Grievous will now display the proper icon for Baleful Laugh in battle and in the details tab of both Normal and Heroic tiers.
  • UNIT - Grand Master Yoda will no longer copy PvE unit buffs in the Grand Admiral Thrawn mythic event.
  • UNIT - Jedi will now receive their 50% offense bonus if Aayla Secura had called them to assist from her Basic ability "Inspiring Strike".
  • UNIT - L3-37 will now gain Prepared in the scenario where she was damaged by an ally such as General Grievous' "Metalloid Monstrosity" or Emperor Palpatine's "Let the Hate Flow", regardless if she was or wasn't damaged by an enemy since her last turn.
  • UNIT - L3-37's "For the Droids" no longer blocks Darth Vader's "Inspire Through Fear" from reapplying.
  • UNIT - Buffs granted from Old Daka’s "Serve Again" now correctly expire on death.
  • UNIT - Royal Guard's Taunt mechanic from "Unyielding Defender" will now expire correctly to be in line with similar Taunt mechanics such as General Kenobi's "Soresu" or Baze Malbus' "For Jedha".
  • UNIT - Scarif Rebel Pathfinder will now properly benefit from Daka's Unique "Serve Again" when revived.
  • UNIT - Fixed a bug where Han's Millennium Falcon was not counting the force taunt from Geonosian Spy's Starfighter as a debuff.
  • RAID - The AAT tank in Tank Takedown Phase 4 will no longer get stuck in topple mode when the main turret is defeated by Plague and simultaneously fires its main cannon.

Edited 4/11 to correct wording in Events section
Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
Post edited by CG_Leviathan on

Replies

• Rafini
    299 posts Member
    that’s a lot of gear for purchase.. interesting coincidence with malak.. and needing high geared toons to unlock him. CHECK MATE
  • Gear XII salvage is now farmable from Light Side Battles Stage 9 and Dark Side Battles Stage 9

At what drop rate? 50% 25% 5% 1% or the usual 0.000000001%?
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Completely **** to do the 8 -> 5 hard node change in the middle of a farming cycle. Even more **** to do it and remain silent on it.

I thought only N3twork was this unabashedly greedy.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb the wording about the Malak event here suggests we only need to beat the LS or DS battle against Malak to unlock him....even though we need both JKR and DR to be able to enter the event. Can we get some clarification on this? This event is probably the ultimate in panic gearing given the amount of notice and length of the event and some clarity would be appreciated.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb the wording about the Malak event here suggests we only need to be the LS or DS battle against Malak to unlock him....even though we need both JKR and DR to be able to enter the event. Can we get some clarification on this? This event is probably the ultimate in panic gearing given the amount of notice and length of the event and some clarity would be appreciated.

Yes this wording is a bit weird. But he has already stated you need both. Get em ready.
  • Monel wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb the wording about the Malak event here suggests we only need to be the LS or DS battle against Malak to unlock him....even though we need both JKR and DR to be able to enter the event. Can we get some clarification on this? This event is probably the ultimate in panic gearing given the amount of notice and length of the event and some clarity would be appreciated.

Yes this wording is a bit weird. But he has already stated you need both. Get em ready.

You need both JKR and DR to unlock the event. It's on the event page in-game and shows up fine for me and shows as "locked" for people that don't have both JKR and DR. But the question is, based on the wording in the patch notes, whether you need to beat both the LS and DS battles of the event to unlock Malak....not whether you need to have both JKR and DR to participate in the event.
  • And you might want to correct the patch notes....it says the event is for "Unlocking Darth Revan", lol
    a01oikk7r5rs.png
  • Just curious to as how long Aayla Secura was bugged?
  • So the first thing I wondered was “what G12 salvage have they added”? My suspicions were confirmed. I wasn’t shocked at all to see what it was. I do not need to farm something I have thousands of.
  • Lichbane wrote: »
    Gear XII salvage is now farmable from Light Side Battles Stage 9 and Dark Side Battles Stage 9

You won’t want it. You more than likely already have thousands of them.
  • CG - I think you guys completely misinterpreted the discontentment from the players last year. The problem was not with the FORMAT of the marquee events, it was with the release schedule - it was too much, too fast. Changing the format of the events does nothing to fix this underlying issue. We need time to adjust and settle in before you hit us with the next bombshell. You just dropped the Grevious rework and his new squad members, followed that up with Darth Revan almost immediately, and before the smoke has even cleared you are dropping Malak on us. Give us some time to breath! Please!

As a free to play player, I went from one meta behind to 4 metas behind in a matter of a few months. And now to top it all off, you are reducing the sims on hard nodes from 8 to 5… that just seems cruel. Please tell me you are at least increasing the drop rates ever so slightly so that it isn't as big a blow. No? I guess I won't be getting Jedi Revan this time around, either. FML.
  • Does nobody care about the fact that they reduce TB ROLO and IPD shards from 2 to 1? That's lots of Shard Shop currency we lose right there...
  • CG_Leviathan
    42 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited April 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb the wording about the Malak event here suggests we only need to beat the LS or DS battle against Malak to unlock him....even though we need both JKR and DR to be able to enter the event. Can we get some clarification on this?
    Both LS and DS battles need to be completed to unlock Malak.
    And you might want to correct the patch notes....it says the event is for "Unlocking Darth Revan", lol
    Wait, you don't want to unlock Darth Revan with your Darth Revan?! Correcting this now, thank you!
  • Regarding the change to 5 hard node battles ... just went 3/5 + 3/5 on my refreshes. I'm down with that! Hope it keeps up ... *fingers crossed*
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    UNIT - Bastila Shan (Fallen) will now use her ability "Wild Lighting" during auto or on defense.
    There goes the Nest cheese
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Both LS and DS battles need to be completed to unlock Malak.

Thank you for the clarification!

• Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Lichbane wrote: »
    Gear XII salvage is now farmable from Light Side Battles Stage 9 and Dark Side Battles Stage 9

You won’t want it. You more than likely already have thousands of them.

Looks like it. Well, that was a pointless addition.

Where are the Stun Guns?
  • So an update that caters to the whales spending mega bucks on your product, but gives the shaft to players who are farm to play? Got it!
  • What’s the deal with OP Old Republic characters? Really close to just giving up on the game since I can’t come close to competing with characters I grew up with
  • While I understand you are in this to make money, and I have spent more on this mobile game than any other, decreasing the hard node farms back to 5 is imho a bad move that in the long run will cost you lost revenue. Yes I know it was clearly stated as a temporary change but hard node farming is boring and tedious enough as it is. Please reconsider making this a permanent change back to 8.

I like the experiments with galactic chases that help you earn shards as you actually play the game, although it would be nice to somehow include other toons and other ways to progress while playing instead of recharging energy and simming. When I spend money it's usually on gear, very rarely on crystal refreshes since so often I've tried in the hopes of landing some shards, only to get none and some gear mats I already have thousands of. You won't make any money from me by reducing back to 5 and I know most of my fellow players feel similarly.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    UNIT - Bastila Shan (Fallen) will now use her ability "Wild Lighting" during auto or on defense.
    There goes the Nest cheese

Yeah I noticed that too. Bugger.
  • Kanar_Caio
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Bad move changing the node from 8 to 5. If you want reduce, but increase the drop rate so we can follow faster the changes you do in the game I completely support it. But doing this way... almost made me lose all the interest on the game.

Let's see how the farming will be. If stay the same... well soon you will lose players. It's already take a long time to farm and get a good team. Making it even harder? Not going to work.

Here a piece of advice. Reduce your prices, this might get you more revenue, because the price will worth the investment. At the moment is too high, and the most important detail...It's a roulette! If I buy things with my gems I receive in roulette way. So I invest my money (hard to get) and get a bad draw of a character that I want. Do you think I will invest it again? Well I did this once, and i can say i never did it again.

Edit.: correction of minor grammar mistakes.
    Post edited by Kanar_Caio on
  • Reading some of the comments here, I don't think you ask realize that though this game is somewhat f2p friendly, SWGOH does not benefit from you. Your complaints are irrelevant, your threats to quit don't matter. What you don't realize is the scope of money that the "whales" spend trumps any outcry of f2p players. I love the game, and I don't care that a a f2p player I don't have DR, JKR, Treya, c3po, or any of the old republic or jedi characters above what was given for free. I won't waiste my money and my time farming them into I am full on my characters to this point. I do decent in my shards in pvp, so I'm not worried. Enjoy the game, quit crying or start emptying the wallets.
  • Kenjinrex wrote: »
    Reading some of the comments here, I don't think you ask realize that though this game is somewhat f2p friendly, SWGOH does not benefit from you.

I strongly disagree. The game is as successful as it is due to a healthy mix of payers and nonpayers. I agree it's generally friendly to f2p but the action cap reduction is a double whammy. Whales already get the new toons when they are released and I am perfectly fine with that. I've spent money at times to get that extra edge. But giving f2p'ers a fighting chance to catch up later by farming keeps things fairly balanced. If everyone were p2p whales the competitive nature would be quite flat, boring, and swgoh would have died long, long ago.
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes!
    Here is all the new content you’ll find after today’s update, 4/11/2019.
    1qmqgktt1ua2.png

CHARACTERS AND SHIPS
    For more info on these units, check out the kit reveals and strategy guides below:

CHANGES
    • Platoons in the Rebel Assault and Imperial Retaliation Territory Battles are no longer random in any phase. See here for more details.
    • Platoons in the Rebel Assault and Imperial Retaliation Territory Battles will no longer include newly released characters
    • Darth Malak shards will appear in the Guild Event Store when you unlock Darth Malak at Five Stars.
    • The "Sith Spirit" in the Legend of the Old Republic event has been changed to use the character model for Ajunta Pall's Spirit, and the dialogs in missions where it appears have been adjusted accordingly to indicate it is the specific spirit of Ajunta Pall.
    • We have added mod slicing materials to Shipments. To celebrate, these materials will be offered at a reduced price for a limited time. We’ll notify you when their pricing returns to normal via patch notes.
    • The Hard Node action cap has been changed from 8 to 5. This change applies to Light Side Nodes, Dark Side Nodes, and Fleet Battle Nodes.
    • Changed the Rebel Officer Leia Organa and Imperial Probe Droid Shards earned in Territory Battles special events from 2 to 1.

EVENTS
    Star Forge Showdown - Darth Malak
    The time has come to challenge Darth Malak. Will you bring Jedi Knight Revan to defeat Malak and save the galaxy, or will you bring Darth Revan to defeat a former friend and apprentice to reclaim the Sith Empire?
    Unlocking Darth Malak will be no easy task. Complete your journey to the light or dark side by proving yourself in the fighting arena, combating old allies, battling merciless bounty hunters, and reliving the legends of the Old Republic.

• Event: April 12th - April14th

SHARD SHUFFLE
    These characters or ships are now available in the following locations:

The Ebon Hawk
    • The Ebon Hawk is now available in Fleet Data Cards, Fleet Packs, and Shipments. Collect this Old Republic ship today!

PACKS AND BUNDLES
    Gear XII+ Mega-Bundle I
    • Mk 12 ArmaTek Datapad
    • Mk 12 ArmaTek Key Pad
    • Mk 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens
    • Crystals
    • Ability Mats

Gear XII+ Mega-Bundle II
    • Mk 12 ArmaTek Thermal Detonator
    • Mk 12 ArmaTek Fusion Furnace
    • Mk 12 ArmaTek Stun Gun
    • Crystals
    • Ability Mats

Gear XII Mega-Bundle I
    • Mk 12 ArmaTek Armor Plating
    • Mk 12 ArmaTek Bayonet
    • Mk 12 ArmaTek Visor
    • Crystals
    • Ability Mats

Gear XII Mega-Bundle II
    • Mk 12 ArmaTek Medpac
    • Mk 12 ArmaTek Multi-tool
    • Mk 12 ArmaTek Tactical Data
    • Crystals
    • Ability Mats

Gear Mega-Bundle
    • Mk 8 BioTech Implant
    • Mk 5 A/KT Stun Gun
    • Mk 4 Sienar Holo Projector
    • Crystals
    • Ability Mats

Gear Mega-Bundle I
    • Mk 7 Nubian Security Scanner
    • Mk 5 Athakam Medpac
    • Crystals
    • Ability Mats

Gear Mega-Bundle II
    • Mk 9 Fabritech Data Pad
    • Mk 5 Arakyd Droid Caller
    • Crystals
    • Ability Mats

Gear Mega-Bundle III
    • Mk 5 Merr-Sonn Thermal Detonator
    • Mk 3 Czerka Stun Cuffs
    • Crystals
    • Ability Mats

PVE Energy Pack
    For a limited time, the PVE Energy Pack is back! Use it to get Energy for Light Side and Dark Side Battles.
    600 Crystals
    Minimum Level requirements: 40+

Ability Materials Mega-Pack
    For a limited time, the Ability Materials Mega-Pack is back! Use it to upgrade your characters' abilities. This pack will grant at least 9 Omega Ability Materials and 20 Mk III Ability Materials - and may grant up to 25 Omega Ability Materials and 50 Mk III Ability Materials!
    1699 Crystals
    Minimum Level requirements: 70+

FIXES
    • UNIT - Bastila Shan (Fallen) will now use her ability "Wild Lighting" during auto or on defense.
    • UNIT - Fixed a bug where Savage Opress' "Brute" could sometimes grant Offense Up and Defense Up for an incorrect duration at lower ability levels.
    • UNIT - Fixed a bug where Savage Opress' "Brute" would only boost Attack Damage with Offense Up.
    • UNIT - Fixed an issue that caused First Order Officer to ignore damage immunity with his "Pinning Shot".
    • UNIT - Fixed an issue where B1 Battle Droid's basic attack could recover negative Protection if the allied leader was Darth Nihilus.
    • UNIT - General Grievous will now display the proper icon for Baleful Laugh in battle and in the details tab of both Normal and Heroic tiers.
    • UNIT - Grand Master Yoda will no longer copy PvE unit buffs in the Grand Admiral Thrawn mythic event.
    • UNIT - Jedi will now receive their 50% offense bonus if Aayla Secura had called them to assist from her Basic ability "Inspiring Strike".
    • UNIT - L3-37 will now gain Prepared in the scenario where she was damaged by an ally such as General Grievous' "Metalloid Monstrosity" or Emperor Palpatine's "Let the Hate Flow", regardless if she was or wasn't damaged by an enemy since her last turn.
    • UNIT - L3-37's "For the Droids" no longer blocks Darth Vader's "Inspire Through Fear" from reapplying.
    • UNIT - Buffs granted from Old Daka’s "Serve Again" now correctly expire on death.
    • UNIT - Royal Guard's Taunt mechanic from "Unyielding Defender" will now expire correctly to be in line with similar Taunt mechanics such as General Kenobi's "Soresu" or Baze Malbus' "For Jedha".
    • UNIT - Scarif Rebel Pathfinder will now properly benefit from Daka's Unique "Serve Again" when revived.
    • UNIT - Fixed a bug where Han's Millennium Falcon was not counting the force taunt from Geonosian Spy's Starfighter as a debuff.
    • RAID - The AAT tank in Tank Takedown Phase 4 will no longer get stuck in topple mode when the main turret is defeated by Plague and simultaneously fires its main cannon.

Edited 4/11 to correct wording in Events section

• Well before on special events like chewie and C-3PO I was okay with spending some money but with this update I have now resolved to NEVER spend any money on this game. How does this encourage people to download and start playing this game. Really discouraged people from starting this game #greedy