(Mega) Content Update 4/11/2019

13Next

Replies

• Brian9229 wrote: »
    Now it ultimately costs much, much more to obtain any hard node shards, considering that 8 out of 10 times when I sim all 5 available, I get nothing. Case in point, I just simmed all 5 battles for bastilla Shan shards, nothing, 25 crystals and 5more simmed, nothing. 50 crystals and 5 more simmed, 1 shard. At this rate, forget it.

It doesn't cost any more, it just takes longer.

More to the point, having the tries-per-day at 8 was essentially a sale. The sale ended and it reverted to the normal 5 tries per day. Which, not to jinx it, is also a sale because the default for a long time was 3 per day, and they said 5 is a temporary switch. Fingers crossed 5 has become the new default.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Brian9229 wrote: »
    Now it ultimately costs much, much more to obtain any hard node shards, considering that 8 out of 10 times when I sim all 5 available, I get nothing. Case in point, I just simmed all 5 battles for bastilla Shan shards, nothing, 25 crystals and 5more simmed, nothing. 50 crystals and 5 more simmed, 1 shard. At this rate, forget it.

More to the point, having the tries-per-day at 8 was essentially a sale. The sale ended and it reverted to the normal 5 tries per day. Which, not to jinx it, is also a sale because the default for a long time was 3 per day, and they said 5 is a temporary switch. Fingers crossed 5 has become the new default.

It’s been 8 sims for half a year now. 3 was when there was drastically fewer characters and less gear levels. As they added new characters, higher class mods, and more gear levels they should make it slightly easier to get the characters. This game is expanding to higher tiers but still they decide to restrict the players. This doesn’t hurt experienced people playing since 3 sims, it hurts new people climing to level 85. I have friends who literally just threw in the towel because of this restriction. What am I supposed to say to convince them to stay, “pull out your wallet.” No if I was new I would move on too, since I’m not I’ve only resolved to never spend on this game again.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    JPvader wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

It’s been 8 sims for half a year now.

It was 8 then back to 5 then back to 8.
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    So many complaints about reducing sims and introducing 2 characters ( Darth Revan and Darth Malak) so close to each other. Such a clear money grab. Maybe but for $230 i was able to get both characters. Now I can only hope that the money they made will turn into some real content. Sure we're going to get a new Territory Battle map and some new characters to go along with it. However the holotables are in desperate need of revamping. I mean take Galactic War table for example it used to be frustratingly difficult at times. Now it is just simply a SIM table as there is no reason to play any missions on that table. This is the case for most of the holo tables and now we can SIM the Rancor raid.
    We need a new raid and mythic tiers added to Rancor and HAAT raids not just new characters that eventually get nerfed. We need to see better content and rewards for those that have been faithfully playing this game and paying it for over 3 years.
  • Have they removed borrow a hero on gear challenges??

I know this won’t affect most end game players, but I just started a new f2p account and I’m sure I could borrow a hero on gear challenges up until a couple of days ago?? I just want to know if I’m right, or if I’m just going crazy 😳
  • Robert
    150 posts Member
    Changed the Rebel Officer Leia Organa and Imperial Probe Droid Shards earned in Territory Battles special events from 2 to 1.

Why are you changing this? I might be the second person in my guild who will be able to actually earn ipd shards soon and I still don’t have rolo. I’m really disappointed with many of your recent decisions and the direction this game is headed.
  • You guys **** the fun out the game for me. I can take my money and go buy a whole game system with games with what I have spent and have more enjoyment.

EA/CG, you played yourself. There are cooler stuff to go and do. Thanks for letting me learn that there are better ways to spend my money and more fun to be had else where. Which that it didn’t have to be a painful experience that made me lose desire to play
  • I do not have Gear XII salvage is now farmable from Light Side Battles Stage 9 and Dark Side Battles Stage 9
  • AceCV
    994 posts Member
    About Fixed Platoons

Now that is official the "mistake" regarding Hoth Rebel Soldier.... please take a look at the IPD situation in DS TB p6 (placing a char on platoons in the same phase where you have the char required for the special mission is.... something)
  • Enough is enough, y’all need to get your **** together. Right after you announce you’re fixing the platoon in territories. The very next territory you have Rebel Soldier needed multiple times for platoon at the same **** stage he’s needed for one of the battles. Pull you’re head out of your..... Out of all the dumb ..... you guys do this is so easily fixable and yet you just don’t get it. Fix your ****.
  • I started building a team to counter the DR & Malak gang with Palp as me leader 2 weeks ago, first thing I did was zeta Palp and now this patch erases that use, is there a way I can get my zeta back?
    Institutional memory is a helluva thing. I've been playing since February of 2016 and have lost count of the number of times people have proclaimed the game dead due to greed or mismanagement or desperation. I don't even think this is the first boycott people have suggested.

Meanwhile the game just keeps on chugging along and releasing new content, new characters, and new modes. I genuinely can't even remember the last time I spent money on the game. I know it was within the last 6 months, because I realized that I'd gone an entire year playing without spending anything and felt like I should chip a few bucks towards supporting the things I like. Maybe it was the Bossk pack jsut before that left sores.

Anyway, go play some other game for a little while. See how predatory and awful they really are. See how much more quickly you hit the pay wall and become fodder for spenders. Galaxy of Heroes is still the most player-friendly game I've ever played. The complaints against it seem to stem from it being TOO player-friendly, as in other games you just get beat to hell by spenders so the delineation between the two is so pronounced but here it's blurred and you can actually compete.

You mean even before all this extra p2p crap the game made money. Omg no , so we dont need just to make whales happy and the game lasts. Well you just destroyed the whole "they have to make money argument" apparently they were making money begore this absudity. But yeah they are nerfing palp because otherwise they wont make money. But like you just said the game has been chugging along just fine, before the glut of p2w content. So which is it, is the game super healthy and will keep chugging along. Or do we need this p2w content to keep the game going? I wonder?

I look forward to seeing your response

And then stayed 8 for half a year. What's your point ?
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Robert wrote: »
    Changed the Rebel Officer Leia Organa and Imperial Probe Droid Shards earned in Territory Battles special events from 2 to 1.

Why are you changing this? I might be the second person in my guild who will be able to actually earn ipd shards soon and I still don’t have rolo. I’m really disappointed with many of your recent decisions and the direction this game is headed.

+1

Are they reducing it because they're gonna add another way to earn the shards? Or...
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Institutional memory is a helluva thing. I've been playing since February of 2016 and have lost count of the number of times people have proclaimed the game dead due to greed or mismanagement or desperation. I don't even think this is the first boycott people have suggested.

Meanwhile the game just keeps on chugging along and releasing new content, new characters, and new modes. I genuinely can't even remember the last time I spent money on the game. I know it was within the last 6 months, because I realized that I'd gone an entire year playing without spending anything and felt like I should chip a few bucks towards supporting the things I like. Maybe it was the Bossk pack jsut before that left sores.

Anyway, go play some other game for a little while. See how predatory and awful they really are. See how much more quickly you hit the pay wall and become fodder for spenders. Galaxy of Heroes is still the most player-friendly game I've ever played. The complaints against it seem to stem from it being TOO player-friendly, as in other games you just get beat to hell by spenders so the delineation between the two is so pronounced but here it's blurred and you can actually compete.

You mean even before all this extra p2p crap the game made money. Omg no , so we dont need just to make whales happy and the game lasts. Well you just destroyed the whole "they have to make money argument" apparently they were making money begore this absudity. But yeah they are nerfing palp because otherwise they wont make money. But like you just said the game has been chugging along just fine, before the glut of p2w content. So which is it, is the game super healthy and will keep chugging along. Or do we need this p2w content to keep the game going? I wonder?

I look forward to seeing your response
    I look forward to understanding yours.

I didn't say "they have to make money" and that wasn't my thesis so I don't know how I could have contradicted myself.

And then stayed 8 for half a year. What's your point ?

No point that you'd accept, I guess. It's been 5 longer than it's been 8, and when they increased it to 8 they said it was a temporary increase. Six months is a long time, but it's still a temporary time.

Don't be mad a sale ended, be glad the sale lasted as long as it did.
  • Regarding the change to 5 hard node battles ... just went 3/5 + 3/5 on my refreshes. I'm down with that! Hope it keeps up ... *fingers crossed*

It did NOT keep up. Bummer.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dev silence last 3 speaks volumes