Ineffective Droid Team...

SylForge006
138 posts Member
edited April 2019
Guys, I was theory crafting and while I might just be reading into things too much...

Has anyone tried a Droid team of
L3-37
R2-D2
BB-8
T3-M4
Chopper?

... they seem like theyd be insanely hard to kill, and while certainly not Meta, seem like they'd be a fantastic defense in GA or TW...

Has anyone tried this combo??
Just forget about a leader.

I mean it has 3 tanks, 3 healers, 2 debuffers, an auto assister (Chop), an auto cleanse, defense penetration...I'd bet they always last till Illuminated destiny.. idk it seems like a good tank squad that's full of promise and with R2 and T3 it's almost like you're already getting leader bonuses.

What do you think?
Post edited by SylForge006 on

Replies

• H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    I've tried similar comps. Bottom line no Dps even with T3 zetas and illuminated destiny. Teams that can tm manipulate can make short work of these kind of teams.

CLS team
    Palp team
    Nightsisters
    Imperial troopers
    GG team
    Bastila
    Revan
    DReven
    Etc

Your almost better off going with JTR + droids
  • SylForge006
    138 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    **** that sucks :(
  • Yep, that was why droid lovers liked the 88 86 combo behind HK. They could actually take someone down.
  • All I see in threads like this is "lets ruin 4 good teams to make one team that won't do anything in arena but might (???) do well in tw/ga." This is the major flaw: you can tear apart teams for arena as you can only use one at a time, but tw and Ga you can't because you need those other teams. Don't get me wrong thinking outside the box is great along as part of that thinking is "what does this take from my other teams?"
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I would say: HK K2 Chop 88 and T3, Magna or 86.

I am no droid expert though. Just what I plan on using for TW bonus this time.
  • C3PO pairs well with K2SO in Rebel Assault because of the taunt counter and expose on hit. Throw r2 in there for extra buffness to K2, and extra C3PO/R2 synergy. I like.putting all of.them behind ST Han for survivability. K2SO gets all defense/health/prot/crit/offense no speed. He usually startz the taunt gAme after 1st AOE on him.
  • All I see in threads like this is "lets ruin 4 good teams to make one team that won't do anything in arena but might (???) do well in tw/ga." This is the major flaw: you can tear apart teams for arena as you can only use one at a time, but tw and Ga you can't because you need those other teams. Don't get me wrong thinking outside the box is great along as part of that thinking is "what does this take from my other teams?"

Quite frankly, I use none of the Droids much at all. So this made Alot of sense to me.
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    What happens when I use my JTR team with Chewie, R2, BB8 and 3PO to take out a Revan team, only to have BB8, R2 or 3PO blow up on Yoda's AoE. That totally screws the team up. Especially if BB8 blows up. No assists from Chewie or ID.

This is gonna be kinda annoying actually. I like the suicide bomber idea of a Droid team, but not when it could be triggered at full health and protection.