How do you beat this Event?!?!

Replies

• Krjstoff wrote: »
    Dark side is super easy.

Focus on droids and build up undispelable Ferocity on DR to around 40-50 stacks.
    Along the way make sure to take out the jedi pods, and hit Malak as little as possible.
    Once you have the stacks and the pods are gone, focus everything on Malak and he'll die very quickly.

Light side however ... I've got nothing ...

Same thing, avoid Malak and basically stall until you’ve got armor shred stacked several times. I ended up with 5. Then the 3 Jedi took him down.
  • Thx for all the methods guys but nothing works for me. He uses health steal every turn is that supposed to happen? It says 3 turn cool down but he ignores it and just uses that only
  • Travesty
    64 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Has anyone beat LS without either of the zetas on Mission or bigZ?

I'm full G12 + all 5 pieces, 6dot mods, all the zetas on Jedi, but not close so far. Only tried about 10 times though, 5 times using MG's guide.

Edit to add, I'm only 10/20 zetas so I won't be able to zeta Mission or Z before the event ends.
  • Here is a video of how I unlocked him. Made several mistakes and could certainly improve my tactic, but it shows the concept. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euroIP8nEjo
  • It was hard and I had to use my second spare zeta to beat it. But I got him. Phew! I had saved 15k or so crystals, and yes, I had to buy that bloody new gear because the drop rates were appalling. I now have no crystals left, but no money spent on the game either.

gWWmzi9.png
  • question. Do u want him to use health steal?
  • Watch MobileGamer's video on how he did the malak event.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Watch MobileGamer's video on how he did the malak event.

MobileGamer was lucky, that's it. I wouldn't advise anyone to follow his "strategy". Watch Bulldogs video and follow that strategy. That's the way to go.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • This is the last event i spend money
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Something I didn't know after completing both phases is the event is replayable. No rewards but it is fun to keep whaling (no pun intended...or is it?) on Malak.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Something I didn't know after completing both phases is the event is replayable. No rewards but it is fun to keep whaling (no pun intended...or is it?) on Malak.

oh ****, you crazy man ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I beat the DS part, but I can't get the LS one. Using Mission, Zaalbar, Bastila, and Jolee. I have every zeta for all of them, and all but Bastila is G12; Bastila is only G8+5. Will I have to bring her up to G11 so she can get a little more speed? She's pretty slow right now, so she's never able to clear Malak's taunt before everyone else gets Fear..
  • Is the objective to get him to use health steal until it gets weak?
  • I'm shocked by the level of complaints about this event. I loved every second of it! Working out how to win was great! The "lame duck " attitudes and "spoon feed me" entitlement shown in this thread alone is a joke! Work it out! Build on your progress! Don't come begging for help! Don't watch YouTube videos hoping to easy mode it! Go and fight for what you want! It's so much more rewarding when you win my using your own brain!
    Brilliant event! well done CG!
  • ...Work it out! Build on your progress! Don't come begging for help! Don't watch YouTube videos...
    Unsurprisingly, not everyone in the world wants to be you.

Anyway, back to the OP, all the videos posted here (and elsewhere) beating LS show zetas on Mission and Z. Anyone have success without either of those two zetas?

• I think it would be very, very hard. Missions is mandatory to keep enough droids dying to keep Malak's stacks down (you call Zaalbar and she joins in, which means you can mod her more for damage over speed). Zaalbars might not be 100% necessary, however he gets hit a ton and the regen is very good.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Travesty wrote: »
    ...Work it out! Build on your progress! Don't come begging for help! Don't watch YouTube videos...
    Unsurprisingly, not everyone in the world wants to be you.

Anyway, back to the OP, all the videos posted here (and elsewhere) beating LS show zetas on Mission and Z. Anyone have success without either of those two zetas?

For me - Mission: Yes, Zaalbar: No
    I think the zeta on Mission is pretty much a requirement in order to beat down the droids fast enough. And it's such a good zeta for the OR squad anyway, so...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    For me - Mission: Yes, Zaalbar: No

I think the zeta on Mission is pretty much a requirement in order to beat down the droids fast enough. And it's such a good zeta for the OR squad anyway, so...
    Unfortunately, I'm only 10/20 for Zetas and won't reach 20/20 before the event ends. Ironically, Mission was my next Zeta <sigh>......

Oh well, keep trying and hope for RNG I suppose.
  • Froov
    92 posts Member
    LS battle- I unfortunately don’t have mission. Zeta and g11 on z, no zeta for t3. The Jedi are maxed. I’ve gotten Malak down to himself a couple times now once with 2x armor shred but I can’t seem to get past about 50% health. His life steal has gone off like 10x, is that enough or how many life steals should I let him take?
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    1qp4vgg4qlym.jpeg

Sweet sweet victory!!
    Dark side is easy. Light was harder.
  • Snaklor wrote: »
    I was able to clear both after a little swapping around of mods. The LS portion is MUCH more difficult primarily due to the lack of damage of JKR compared to DR.

I have JKR, Bastila, Jolee, DR, HK, and BSF all G12+4/5. The only other zeta I have is Carth, all the other toons are just standard G12, no G12+ gear pieces. I have good, but not unbelievable mods.

The basic idea here is a "gear check" so to speak, in this case it's a mod check. While this may not be the only way to beat it, I can vouch for this method as I have him unlocked. So here's the plan:

Step 1: Mod all your characters for damage. You can basically ignore anything that has HP on it, you want offense, speed, then protection. For the LS portion JKR and Bastila basically carried me. I put my best offensive mods on both of them and was able to clear on my 5th try.

Step 2: Focus the kolto tanks. I went through and killed them one by one. It will keep the stacks from piling up on Malak too quickly. Avoid damaging Malak, if he heals from a kolto restart.

Step 3: This is the big one. You need to have Bastila's Rally ready just as or right after the last kolto tank is destroyed. At this point it's just a damage race. I totally avoided killing the droids and just burned him down. The first time I had Rally up right as they died I was able to clear it, the times when I did not I just didn't have enough ooomph to take him out.

Step 4: Profit. But no seriously, if you have any questions or want more details about my set up let me know.

Here is my swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/p/791694137/

You don't need any zeta's on the supporting cast to beat it.
  • On LS, I’ve been ignoring the droids and jus focusing on the 4 captives. Only attacking Malak with Z’s armor shred or if he has taunt. It seems to get me 90% of the way there, then he enrages....game over.

Should I focus on the droids after killing all the captives? Or just keep trying to hammer Malak hoping for the best...
  • Drageero
    151 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I beat the LS part with all zetas, and G12 on Mission, Zaalbar, and Jolee and G8 on Bastila. It took many, many tries, but I finally got the right RNG. I focused on the droids whenever they were alive, and when there were no droids, I took out the Jedi pods one by one; I started with the Dark Infusion, then Crit Damage, then Tenacity Up, and finally the Crit Immunity. Once I took out the last pod, I focused on Malak unless there were droids. I never put Armor Shred on him, but I did put two stacks each on the droids. Once Malak got close to 50% health, I tried to save Bastila and Jolee's assists and Direct Focus and used all 3 of them so that Malak wouldn't go above 50% once he used Drain Life. Then I just ignored the droids and focused on him until I killed him. Ended with everyone but Zaalbar alive.
    Post edited by Drageero on
  • Has anyone done it with T3 and if so which out of mission and Zalbaar would you drop? I have the gear to upgrade one of them but maybe not both right now.
  • Maybe 1 guy will have malak

One guy in my guild already unlocked him.
  • Got him, kill bots, get a Jedi to a sliver of life, kill bots, get another Jedi to sliver of life, etc. finally use AOE to wipe the floor and take down Malak.

Kill bots quick, keep his stacks low, don’t hit him much so he can’t buff. More of a time/patience test than anything
  • I had the same problem then I quit the game. Others in my guild were beating it in 2 hours though
  • How do you beat this Event?!?!

With a stick, while it sleeps.
  • I was able to unlock him using JKR, Bast, Jolee, Mission and Zaalbar, with no zetas on Zaalbar or Mission. Trick for the LS fight is to keep killing the droids, keeping his rage meter below 10 (preferably below 6) until you get 4 or 5 stacks of armor penetration on him. Kill the two stasis pods on the left, but allow him to absorb the two on the right (crit damage reduction and tenacity) as bad things happen when you crit him or apply dots. Always call Zaalbar to assist with Bastilas buff skill as it will give him speed up and you want Zaalbar going as many times as possible. At times when both droids are down, then you can sprinkle in some attacks on the statis pods. Avoid attacking Malak with JKR directly. Using his boomerang cleanse/heal is ok when you need to. Call Mission to assist with Jolee unless someone needs to be healed or have the protection refilled. Also make diligent/frequent use of the Strategic advantage assist attack. Lastly, once you get the 4 or 5 stacks on Malak, and he’s absorbed the statis pods on the right, don’t just outright attack him until you get his rage stacks below 10 (preferably at 6 or below). Attack him with assist attacks and strategic advantage as much as you can and still make time to kill droids to try to keep his rage stacks down. He WILL life drain the F out of you and probably kill off Zaalbar and Mission during this time like he did during my run. Using Missions second special can stealth her and keep her alive for another round or two. My Revan died but was able to be revived by Jolee. After reviving call JKR to assist and use strategic advantage to restore some health and protection. Eventually Malak will have depleted enough of his own HP (loses 5% max Hp when he life steals) that during your turns you’ll get him in the yellow. He’ll heal up, and eventually you’ll get him in the red. He’ll heal up and then you’ll kill him with assist attacks. That being said, it may be worthwhile to test out/try to let him absorb the crit dmg reduction and tenacity statis pods early on in the match to avoid the negative effects from critting/dotting him for the majority of the fight. I let him absorb them last, but if I had to run it more I’d try letting him absorb them early to see if that works out better. He absorbs the pod with the lowest health so attack the one you want him to absorb once or twice, then get his HP below 50% and he’ll absorb it.

Anyhow that’s basically it. Keep killing the droids over and over again until Zaalbar has applied 4 or 5 stacks of armor shred. Don’t let him absorb the statis pods on the left. Let him absorb the ones on the right. Use Bastilas buffs on Zaalbar to increase the speed at which he can take turns. Avoid directly hitting him with JKR or using direct focus/mark on him until it’s time to go for the kill, and remember to keep working in some droid kills near the end to keep him out of enrage mode. Oh and I modded Zaalbar for highest speed I could, and modded JKR with offense/cc sets. Modded Jolee for Speed/health sets, modded everyone else with CD/CC sets with focus on high speed secondaries.