How do you beat this Event?!?!

124Next

Replies

• Calbion
    140 posts Member
    Options
    SonofRambo wrote: »
    Has anyone done it with T3 and if so which out of mission and Zalbaar would you drop? I have the gear to upgrade one of them but maybe not both right now.

I used zzT3 as my Mission isn’t high enough geared. It’s doable, just mod T3 for damage (goes for Revan and Bastilla too), T3 is surprisingly good at killing the side droids (20-25k crits) and also does some nice hits on Malak due to armour pen from the zeta. Malak seems to like using life drain on him so his health/prot regen special is very helpful, so have it off CD when you set up the kill.

The biggest battle in the LS is with yourself, don’t push for the kill too early.

• Options
    Travesty wrote: »
    Has anyone beat LS without either of the zetas on Mission or bigZ?

I'm full G12 + all 5 pieces, 6dot mods, all the zetas on Jedi, but not close so far. Only tried about 10 times though, 5 times using MG's guide.

Edit to add, I'm only 10/20 zetas so I won't be able to zeta Mission or Z before the event ends.

I did it without mission’s zeta, tbh it could be more of a hinderance, I went for the kill droids continuously while stacking armour shred on malak.

If you have mission’s zeta she assists everytime he uses armour shred he loses more health and more chance of him sucking the life out the fallen jedi.
  • Options
    Travesty wrote: »
    ...Work it out! Build on your progress! Don't come begging for help! Don't watch YouTube videos...
    Unsurprisingly, not everyone in the world wants to be you.

Anyway, back to the OP, all the videos posted here (and elsewhere) beating LS show zetas on Mission and Z. Anyone have success without either of those two zetas?

Yes, no zeta on either, both gear 12 with one piece. Bastli and jolee gear 11. Modded for speed and offense, and just kept killing droids till the respawns paused, hit a hovering jedi, left side first. Repeat. 5 stacks of armor shred on Malak, just bum rushed him. If he live drains over 50% and then falls under, he'll drain again. Key is to get him under 50% and keep him there. Had a key Mark from JKR that dropped his turn meter, kept him under 50% and beat it.
  • Konnos183
    10 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    You all say to not attack early, but those of us without great mods are fighting against stacks. It's pretty much a mod check and a dps race. Pathetic, to make us spend more on this. Frankly, i be never seen such a **** move before in a game. I ll be sure to not waste any more money on this game.
    This has been frustrating me to no end and is probably worse than the Thrawn event with a bare minimum phoenix squad. I still cringe when I remember it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Following the general advice i have seen was able to beat it.

Z and mission are key. in the end, sacrificing 1 jedi to get a 4th armor shred was the key for me.

focus on the enrage management, almost to a fault. if you can't keep him below 10 stacks, by the time you get the last jedi down, you need more speed or power. you should be able to take down a droid, with no protection, in 4 ish turns.
  • Options
    Konnos183 if you didn't have good mods you should thought about it before if you spent on this event. With the requirement everyone should have known it would be challenging.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe 1 guy will have malak

At least 7 of my shard mates have him, 2 year shard. I haven’t asked them how they beat it
  • Options
    A+ event, loved it, keep them coming!!!!
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • Options
    It's literally the first event that cg brought that people can't auto, which makes people complain. The event isn't hard, just tricky and just seems hard if you try it the wrong way. Just because cg made you think about how to beat an event doesn't mean it's hard
  • Options
    Got him, kill bots, get a Jedi to a sliver of life, kill bots, get another Jedi to sliver of life, etc. finally use AOE to wipe the floor and take down Malak.

Kill bots quick, keep his stacks low, don’t hit him much so he can’t buff. More of a time/patience test than anything

Followed this and it worked, thanks!
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe 1 guy will have malak

It’s been less than a day since the event started and the meta report already has 800 Trio+Malak+Sith Trooper and 150 Trio+Malak+Sass Rank 1 Squads. If you take into account those people who have unlocked but not geared enough for Arena yet, I’d say you’re very very wrong.

• Options
    Just watch a few videos. Mobilgamers was decent and so was Bulldogs, I've beat it 5 times now on 1st go every time and half g11 teams. If your dieing your not playing the mechanics like the little dude said lol. Also it should take you like 15-20 mins its not a zerg fight its death by a 1000 cuts kinda fight. Amazing fight, great event, and yes I'll say it...way easier than Chewy lol .
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    Options
    With lots of money
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    It's literally the first event that cg brought that people can't auto, which makes people complain. The event isn't hard, just tricky and just seems hard if you try it the wrong way. Just because cg made you think about how to beat an event doesn't mean it's hard

Well, no, that isn't true. You aren't beating the C3P0 or Chewbacca events on auto. And while the light side fight is doable once you know the strategy, it's still very difficult and requires some prayer to RNGesus. Malak can basically spam Drain Life once you start hitting him, so you need a run where he either skips using it once or twice (he does sometimes even when it's off cooldown, no clue why) or that he at least uses it on someone who still has protection and can survive it.

Can confirm the "kill left tanks, let him absorb right, kill droids whenever they're up" method works. I actually ended up killing the Tenacity tank because it was low from Revan's AOE anyway and I needed to push Malak's rage down. Letting him absorb crit immunity is key though, otherwise he'll just pass out Fear like it's going out of style.

Lost Zaalbar almost immediately after I started damaging Malak (had 4 shreds up first) and Mission shortly after that. After that it was a real nail biter and he went down with 28 stacks of Dark Rage and only Revan still able to survive a drain.

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• LunaticWoda
    70 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I like a challenge dont get me wrong but THIS exact scenario KEEPS happening! I can promise I will still lose (doing this match as I type this) txxovdg5y50q.png

EDIT..... The RNG gods actually took pity on me

zucebdo8z7r6.png

EDIT 2... So yeah did the usual strat everyone has figured out I also went mod crazy in an odd way. Big Z and Vao and Bast I converted to offense offense offense. The hard part I think we all struggle with is what to do once you got the 4 tubes gone and you get to the point its time to pound Malak. So I stacked Malak with 5 armor shreds. The trick is to get as close to 51% of his health with everyones abilities on cooldown. Than swing swing swing and pray the RNG gods have mercy on you

EDIT 3... G12 on everyone no Zeta on big Z or vao

Post edited by LunaticWoda on
  • TLSSBroly
    35 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    So after beating it get as much offense as you can, while keep the speed as fast as possible. Revan was only 250 for me with 2700 offense. Other were between 240-220 speed Zaalbar 3400 offense, Mission 3000, Bastila 2800 and Jolee was 2500. No zeta on Mission and Zaalbar and missing Direct Focus on Revan, Jolee had his.
    Post edited by TLSSBroly on
  • Options
    If you can manage to get this far... with RNG to have Malak unlocked.ermekn9wti0v.png

zxrf5pebcgjj.png
  • Options
    At the end it’s all RNG I had several times I had him in the red and lost but just 1 time RNG fairy comes and takes mecry and I got him. Just keep at it my mission and zaalbar both has no zeta. Can’t count how many tries it took me. It’s the last day just keep trying.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Fhoenix wrote: »
    w6zicmxixhrt.jpg

Malak is doing great in TW and GA
  • Options
    Calbion wrote: »
    This is too frustrating. Mechanics are unclear. Very poor design.

Reading the tool tips does help understand the mechnics
    Gotta agree with this. CG is terrible at communication in general but the event mechanics are pretty clear from the tooltips.

Tooltips were broken anyway, so it wasnt clear. First version didnt state that inflicting dots on malak causes fear