Malak “event” 2/5* rating

The event is nothing more than a chore with a ridiculous front end requirement. The Darth Revan event was fun interactive and memorable. This, this was no different than any other “chore event” like smugglers run or rebel round-up. It was missing all sense of nostalgia or climactic end to the Kotor thread in SWGOH.

Not your best effort CG, certainly not your best effort.

Replies

• Agreed. Every DS is gated behind some LS, not to mention two legendaries as well as DR had like what, three weeks time on top hole JKR had months and months? Poor planning.
  • Caine24
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I am a 4.3 million GP player, and can't get through this event, it's the most frustrating thing ever. So frustrating that I came to make an account on this forum to complain and probably will end up giving up the game. 10 hours switching mods around trying to figure this ridiculous crap out, after spending $ this morning to just have enough people able to qualify...suddenly fun became frustration. Good going, EA.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • I thought the Malak event was too soon after dark revan. We needed some time to enjoy the fruits of our labor. Malak may be awesome but he took away the thunder from dark revan. Plus the arena need time to adjust to these major changes. Give us a break.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Caine24 wrote: »
    I am a 4.3 million GP player, and can't get through this event, it's the most frustrating thing ever. So frustrating that I came to make an account on this forum to **** and probably will end up giving up the game . 10 hours switching mods around trying to figure this ridiculous crap out, after spending $ this morning to just have enough people able to qualify...suddenly fun became frustration. Good going, EA.

What's the correlation between your GP and the event difficulty, if you don't mind me asking?
    You can beat it at 1m or struggle at 4.5m. It depends on those precise 10 toons, required for the event, not the whole roster.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • It was a rough event. I do like the concept of a personal raid. However to drop it with GP requirements with 2 days notice was pretty devious.

In their defense, there's hardly a way to beat the LS tier without that minimum GP anyway. And the DS path alone won't do any good.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I liked how they designed it to be very strategic with RNG playing less of a factor. The Chewie event was heavy on the RNG for comparison. And, the Sith raid was designed to make us think very strategically, though the RNG ended up playing a very large role unfortunately. Been better since they updated it though. I enjoyed the event even if it took me almost a couple hours on the lightside to unlock qs it didn't feel so cheap when I lost.
  • Mzee wrote: »
    I liked how they designed it to be very strategic with RNG playing less of a factor. The Chewie event was heavy on the RNG for comparison. And, the Sith raid was designed to make us think very strategically, though the RNG ended up playing a very large role unfortunately. Been better since they updated it though. I enjoyed the event even if it took me almost a couple hours on the lightside to unlock qs it didn't feel so cheap when I lost.

As far as actual enjoyment from playing the event, this was the best one ever. As you said, the RNG factor was about as low as you can get for a Battle here.
  • Just want to thank @CG_Carrie and the rest of the crew making this game. I just spent 200$ ++ for getting malak (Too bad i didn't get him). So thank you for making me pay and still not recieve what i paid for(and yes. I chose to use money, they didnt force me).
    Thank you for ruining the game for me. I've just uninstalled the game. Just like 7 of my guildmates.
    I have kids. And i've just spent 2 days wasting A LOT oftime playing a ridicoulus event.
    When you choose to pay for stuff.. you shouldn't have to spend 2 days like that trying to win

You guys problary never gonna read this, but at least it feels good to write this.

And to the rest who dont like my whining post: i really dont care if you dislike this. Keep on scrolling

@CG_Carrie F*** off

Peace out! 🤘