The Rise of Skywalker

Replies

• LordDirt wrote: »
    New clip out having Sidious say he was the one always talking to Kylo Ren, not Vader. Guess Sidious was playing him all along.

Can I ask how you found that clip? Not questioning verity, I just want to see it.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    After listening again he was Snoke as well. So does he get mad about it and get redeemed or fall in line?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ssGXzh4MAYM
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
    New clip out having Sidious say he was the one always talking to Kylo Ren, not Vader. Guess Sidious was playing him all along.

That seems exactly like something Papa Palp would do.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    If only Luke would have done that. Instead he followed the Jedi way and started everything in motion again. History repeats itself.

Figure this one ends with Rey balancing the Force and going from there.

Which is why this sequel trilogy sucks.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    After listening again he was Snoke as well. So does he get mad about it and get redeemed or fall in line?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ssGXzh4MAYM

Oh dear, lol - this trilogy is terrible!
  • Boo wrote: »

Wouldn't your hero want you to let go of your hate?

Maybe the true "hero" would have them give in to their anger because it gives them strength.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »

Well my hero fell to the darkside out of love. So my anger of the new trilogy is out of my love for what star wars is supposed to be, not this twisted and poor story telling we have landed with.

Well my hero fell to the darkside out of love. So my anger of the new trilogy is out of my love for what star wars is supposed to be, not this twisted and poor story telling we have landed with.

You mean he was too weak to resist Sidious and got played by him. Same thing with this trilogy it seems. Imagine that!
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?

You mean he was too weak to resist Sidious and got played by him. Same thing with this trilogy it seems. Imagine that!

Just as if history repeats itself...

EvilGrotesqueAndeancondor-size_restricted.gif

So George's philosophy on making movies was Hopefully it will work? lol
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

So George's philosophy on making movies was Hopefully it will work?

Absolutely.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Sure, whatever you say.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Vader didn’t get played?

Palpatine created Anakin
    He put the voices in his head about Padme dying
    He put it in his head the Jedi were using him
    He put it in his head the Jedi were going to overthrow the Senate
    He told him that he killed Padme
    He told him he could save Padme by joining him
    He made his suit venerable to lightning so he could kill him easily

Now go read the books and comics and you will see he was just Palpatines whipping boy. He never respected Vader and talked down to him all the time and made him do things against his own will.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

Sure, whatever you say.

Boo-hoo?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It looks dreadful. Worse than Last Jedi and the prequels. I won't be wasting my money.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Vader didn’t get played?

Palpatine created Anakin
    He put the voices in his head about Padme dying
    He put it in his head the Jedi were using him
    He put it in his head the Jedi were going to overthrow the Senate
    He told him that he killed Padme
    He told him he could save Padme by joining him
    He made his suit venerable to lightning so he could kill him easily

Now go read the books and comics and you will see he was just Palpatines whipping boy. He never respected Vader and talked down to him all the time and made him do things against his own will.

Go read the books and comics, lol

Yes he was maniupulated by Palpatine - everyone was deceived by Palpatine, so just focusing on Anakin is a bit of a targeting behavior.

* It is not set in stone that Palp created Anakin - no matter what the "books and comics" say, lol
    * Its also not confirmed that Palp created vision of Padme dying - Anakin just misread the visions he had.
    * The Jedi were using Anakin, dugh!
    * The Jedi were going to seek to control the senate, by arresting Sidious they would control the senate until an election.
    * Ok - he lied here, you are right.
    * It was possible that he could have saved Padme by learning the darkside powers he told Anakin about.
    * His suite was robotic, he was more machine than man - of course it was vulnerable to force lightening, lol
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Sure, whatever you say.

Boo-hoo?

This sounds like the makings of a "knock, knock" joke, lol
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    TROS Opening Crawl is frealeased and official - it is officially terrible, sounds like the opening plot of a badly written video game, lol.

Oh by the way SPOILERS if you click the link - but nothing more than the trailers have given away anyways, and not that you could possibly "spoil" this movie any further in any event, lol

https://youtu.be/Et6gDWMZ7pU
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    This movie is gonna suck - even some of the biggest journalists and critics that supported TLJ are coming out and saying TROS is a bad movie, lol

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/12/18/review-disney-and-lucasfilms-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-is-a-terrible-end-to-the-skywalker-saga/#7833c7f9113c
  • cannonfodder_iv
    992 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Critics praises TLJ: "These critics know nothing, TLJ was garbage"
    Same critics trash TROS: "See, the movie is terrible"

Methinks someone's been watching too much Imperial One News Network.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

No - if the same critics that praise TLJ (are most expected to praise TROS) trash TYROS, it speaks volumes. It is the most unbiased opinion you can get.

Furthermore, if they actually liked TLJ - what does that say about TROS?

No - if the same critics that praise TLJ (are most expected to praise TROS) trash TYROS, it speaks volumes. It is the most unbiased opinion you can get.

It says that they didn't like TROS. Simple as that.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    khelzac wrote: »

So the Disney shill media that went to bat for TLJ, a movie that split the fandom, and called out fans disliking said movie as toxic, racist, misogynists etc - now turn around and don't like TROS?

Hahahahahahahahahahah.

Eitehr way - it seems like a bad movie.
  • "This is why we can't have nice things"
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    khelzac wrote: »

So the Disney shill media that went to bat for TLJ, a movie that split the fandom, and called out fans disliking said movie as toxic, racist, misogynists etc - now turn around and don't like TROS?

Hahahahahahahahahahah.

Eitehr way - it seems like a bad movie.

Maybe, just maybe, the people who didn't dislike the movie were called so because of all the hate that went towards the directors/actors?
    Disliking a movie is one thing but spewing venom to such an extent that they have to get off social media to get a break is another.

Edit: The bottomline is, I don't need to be told whether the movie was good or bad. If you liked it, you liked it. If you didn't, then not. That'll be all.
  • Fun fact: "Everyone" (prolly the real Star Wars fans of that time) hated the prequels and guess what? A lotta people like em now.